Get rid of Flight Paths!

General Discussion
I love the scenery and all, but why not just have some NPC whack me over the head with a billy club and drag me there? Then I can just wake up at my destination without all the fuss!
no
You take that flight path and you like it.
umm... so you want to have an animation of your toon being dragged to your destination by some npc rather than flying? Seems much, much slower.
11/14/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Djarro
umm... so you want to have an animation of your toon being dragged to your destination by some npc rather than flying? Seems much, much slower.

Well of course it would fade to black. The only question would be:

"Will I dream?"

"Djarro..."
"Djarrrrroooo..."
Back when flying over the zones was a marvel.
Seriously the flight paths were a selling point, watch folk play below you as you travel to and fro..!

Sure Eq2 did it first, and let you jump off..but didn't do it between zones. Wow was originally mostly one continous thing.

There is also the fact that the flight paths give you that time to get up off your hiney and get water, do something, not worry about where your character is for x amount of time. Where instant transport tends to put you into a hub that you still have to get out of to get into the world (usually by flight point)
it is actually a pretty good game choice , though I could have done without the horrid flight from darnassus to tanaris back in the day.
I like flying so no thank you.
this is hilarious
11/14/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Kritniss
I love the scenery and all, but why not just have some NPC whack me over the head with a billy club and drag me there? Then I can just wake up at my destination without all the fuss!

This video is oddly relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTO5vhRFCv0

Please, please think of the NPC's that have to drag you.
Spud's for everyone!
Why would you even think of such a crazy thing?!

hit numlock, then hit / to simulate the speed of dragging someone from one location to another.
Please do not give them any ideas. They already took away flying mounts from relevant areas. "No flight paths until you experience the content (500 times)!"
11/14/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Talestra

This video is oddly relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTO5vhRFCv0

Please, please think of the NPC's that have to drag you.

I didn't even need to click on the link to know which video it would be. I still did it. I still laughed. I love Epic NPC man.
Some of the trees are nice, but the same trees over and over gets old. And then there is the occasional pathing issue that makes you fly through a tree or tower or even sometimes a mountain where you're under the world. Could avoid those issues if they'd have flightpaths be more like when we use the fligthmaster's whistle. A brief flight on a mount and poof you're at the flightmaster.

Besides, winding flightpaths might show off the zone, but it ruins any desire for exploration. Instead of wondering what's over that hill, a flightpath zigzags me over the area.
Keep flight paths cause I dont want to mount up and fly . I wanna use the FP . Need to get out of chair, get coffee, get a drink, take a leak... etc. flight paths must stay to help promote me being too lazy to manually fly on my mount.
I wonder how many fewer posts there'd be here if they took out all the delays-of-game like the flight paths, etc.

When you see a post from me, there's a decent chance it's cause on my other monitor I'm on a flight path, or waiting on a queue or group to fill up, or a long loading screen, or something else sufficient to cause a shift in attention while WoW went on passive mode.
After several times of flying my mount straight off the map because I had to get up and deal with something in my household, no... I need the flight paths.
Taking the Flight path has always been the most amazing thing since vanilla seeing the wider world from the skies was amazing.
They should remove all flight paths. Remove hearthstones. Remove the flight whistle. Remove all teleports and summons. Remove all ships, air and water. Remove all ground mounts. Remove the run toggle. And force everyone to RP walk everywhere. And for good measure all aggressive mobs should chain aggro at 400 yards regardless of level, so you are forced to fight every single thing in your close vicinity. That would lead to maximum "immersion" according to the logic of anti-flight folks, and would be the ultimate in gaming satisfaction. Right?