BT badly overtuned.

General Discussion
I have been waiting since Legion to get a transmog I like for warglaives. As a tank DH I never was a fan of the sharp tonfa look. So I resubbed hearing TW BC would net a DH the warglaive look. I've waited patiently for BC timewalking to come around.

Having run part of it, it is WAY overtuned...We took 10 people in and it took hours to not even get halfway. Some trash has an absurd amount of HP (courtyard flying orcs, holy crud), and even the early bosses that some large groups cleared first go in the past are just beastly.

In terms of difficulty, yeah, sure, it reminds me of the original BT.

The problem is, I have just this ONE week to clear it with some PUG or another, not months to learn the fights and patiently whittle our way through. I think average groups should expect a 3-4 hour clear at best...

Throw us a bone here... either tweak the ilvl so it doesn't feel like we're clearing BT in Karazhan gear at best, or tone the trash/bosses down.

Don't believe me? Hardly any groups seem to be forming, and those that try can't reach critical mass for even 10 people. Noone wants to slog through that hot mess.
It was a burden in Legion too. It took hours and we lost a lot of people.

Keep at it though... those upside-down glaives are cute.

I'd *strongly* suggest you assemble your own group and focus not on iLevel but on players who are persistent and want it as bad as you do.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/borean-tundra/nymph/achievements/feats-of-strength/raids

Keep at it! You can do eet :-)
Apparently the best way to do this is with level 70 twinks, since it scales all your gear down to level 70 power. Newer gear has stats that didn't exist in TBC (like Mastery) which doesn't carry over and the scaling is wonky. It doesn't translate max level stats to an appropriate level 70 power level, and some of the max level enchants aren't as strong at that level either.
11/14/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Huh
Apparently the best way to do this is with level 70 twinks, since it scales all your gear down to level 70 power. Newer gear has stats that didn't exist in TBC (like Mastery) which doesn't carry over and the scaling is wonky. It doesn't translate max level stats to an appropriate level 70 power level, and some of the max level enchants aren't as strong at that level either.

Now I think back, we actually did have a twink tank when we did it.

It was a guild run. The most important thing, again (IMO) was persistence.
This just makes me glad I managed to clear it back in Legion. Got the Warglaives skin for my lowbie Derp Hunter.
11/14/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Gunjniir
I have been waiting since Legion to get a transmog I like for warglaives. As a tank DH I never was a fan of the sharp tonfa look. So I resubbed hearing TW BC would net a DH the warglaive look. I've waited patiently for BC timewalking to come around.

Having run part of it, it is WAY overtuned...We took 10 people in and it took hours to not even get halfway. Some trash has an absurd amount of HP (courtyard flying orcs, holy crud), and even the early bosses that some large groups cleared first go in the past are just beastly.

The problem is, I have just this ONE week to clear it with some PUG or another, not months to learn the fights and patiently whittle our way through. I think average groups should expect a 3-4 hour clear at best...

Throw us a bone here... either tweak the ilvl so it doesn't feel like we're clearing BT in Karazhan gear at best, or tone the trash/bosses down.

Don't believe me? Hardly any groups seem to be forming, and those that try can't reach critical mass for even 10 people. Noone wants to slog through that hot mess.

My wifes son had a lot of trouble clearing BT this week, he broke my fishtank in a fit of anger, and all my fish all died. How is this okay in 2018? Blizzard really needs to do something about this
just keep at it
11/14/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Soyboy

My wifes son had a lot of trouble clearing BT this week, he broke my fishtank in a fit of anger, and all my fish all died. How is this okay in 2018? Blizzard really needs to do something about this

Or your wife needs to parent her son better.

9/10
11/14/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Huh

Hadn't though about that - it's a good point. I still think it should be tweaked to compensate for this, however... there isn't exactly a rain of lvl 70 twinks. I'm determined and patient but i'm also not 20 with tons of free time and weeks to learn a raid with a group of dedicated people I know personally.

Sounds like somebody needs an !@# whooping.
11/14/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Gojjira

Sounds like somebody needs an !@# whooping.

Nonono that might hurt the child's feelings.

We're starting this tomorrow. Not excited, after reading this thread.

Funnier if the son is half black.
The tuning is definitely off, and this is easily highlighted with a few key examples.

Shade of Akama is a brutally tough fight because Akama dies in about ten seconds. My group reset the fight multiple times because we couldn’t down Shade quickly enough. Akama can’t be healed, and Shade can’t be taunted. Anyone who says “things are just like they were in BC” clearly never played this in BC, because that was never the case then.

The Reliquary of Souls final phase is another DPS race, and the stacking damage from the rebuff eventually becomes a one shot to the whole raid. More survivable, but still clearly worse than it was in BC.

I don’t remember the Illidari Council fight that well from BC. But this one seemed to go on way too long. Even if it is “properly” tuned to what BC was, it’s just badly designed. With no mechanics shifts or multiple phases to make the fight engaging, it drags far longer than it should.
11/14/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Drkenypowers

Funnier if the son is half black.

?
fights are fine, dust off your old legendaries from Mop, WoD, Legion and you'll be fine. if you dont have those you should have farmed them weeks in advanced. DId all fights on tuesday with decent ease with a coordinated group
Not just BT, but the dungeons too. People are almost getting one-shot by trash mobs.
11/14/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Íllìðåñgøðx
fights are fine, dust off your old legendaries from Mop, WoD, Legion and you'll be fine. if you dont have those you should have farmed them weeks in advanced. DId all fights on tuesday with decent ease with a coordinated group

Thank you we will try this &
I did BT TW during legion and finally was able to mog my glaives. It was really fun, but it really did take forever. At least it was challenging and not completely full on tank and spank.
11/14/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Íllìðåñgøðx

You don't say? Well I've got old legendaries from Legion (two on most chars), and I've had them for a long time. You're missing my point, if everyone in a pug needs Mop, Wod, and legion legendaries and "should have farmed them weeks in advanced" just to clear this, it n e e d s t o b e t u n e d. Just tried on another character, took 4 hours to fail to kill Illidan with a group of 30.