BT badly overtuned.

General Discussion
11/14/2018 09:46 PMPosted by Íllìðåñgøðx
fights are fine, dust off your old legendaries from Mop, WoD, Legion and you'll be fine. if you dont have those you should have farmed them weeks in advanced. DId all fights on tuesday with decent ease with a coordinated group

And people who don't have legendaries from wod and mop? Like the aforementioned twink tank?

It's not like anybody can just farm up the wod or mop legendaries at this point.
fights are fine, dust off your old legendaries from Mop, WoD, Legion and you'll be fine. if you dont have those you should have farmed them weeks in advanced. DId all fights on tuesday with decent ease with a coordinated group

You can't get the mop/wod legendaries anymore, which isn't really fair honestly if they are going to remain so powerful for every timewalking event.
11/14/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Gunjniir

You don't say? Well I've got old legendaries from Legion (two on most chars), and I've had them for a long time. You're missing my point, if everyone in a pug needs Mop, Wod, and legion legendaries and "should have farmed them weeks in advanced" just to clear this, it n e e d s t o b e t u n e d. Just tried on another character, took 4 hours to fail to kill Illidan with a group of 30.
I feel you. I got my achievement... day before yesterday? It was after several hours of trying to get groups. I definitely agree that Black Temple is overtuned. Old gear should be a cool and fun bonus; people should not need to use them to succeed.

As far as legendaries go: If you're Havoc, I absolutely recommend using Raddon's Cascading Eyes, especially if you're using the Demonic talent. It's loads of fun.
As someone who ran the original and raid-led through most of the timewalking bosses, I like the tuning. I found if I got 10 people or a little more who actually paid attention and tried during the fights, we could take them down within 1-3 shots. Fewer quality people is a better way then just inviting everyone.

Also if you look up the strats for how the bosses were originally killed and have tanks that understand the strats, it's a huge help. I had a couple tanks for Illidan who had done it at level and we 1-shot him. RoS was 3-shot after some good explanation. I think Council was 3-shot, although that fight always has been a slog.

I know that everyone wants the warglaive appearance, but I don't think it should just be zergable as most of the current raids are. We cc'd during trash pulls, pulled carefully and I had to explain a few trash mechanics on the way. Took a long time sure, but felt like an echo of the real thing, which I enjoyed.

Probably gonna get flamed, but I like the tuning. What needs to be fixed is the ability to list group while still in the instance for when you need to replace a person.
11/15/2018 01:16 AMPosted by Nyhthraefn
As someone who ran the original and raid-led through most of the timewalking bosses, I like the tuning. I found if I got 10 people or a little more who actually paid attention and tried during the fights, we could take them down within 1-3 shots. Fewer quality people is a better way then just inviting everyone.

Also if you look up the strats for how the bosses were originally killed and have tanks that understand the strats, it's a huge help. I had a couple tanks for Illidan who had done it at level and we 1-shot him. RoS was 3-shot after some good explanation. I think Council was 3-shot, although that fight always has been a slog.

I know that everyone wants the warglaive appearance, but I don't think it should just be zergable as most of the current raids are. We cc'd during trash pulls, pulled carefully and I had to explain a few trash mechanics on the way. Took a long time sure, but felt like an echo of the real thing, which I enjoyed.

Probably gonna get flamed, but I like the tuning. What needs to be fixed is the ability to list group while still in the instance for when you need to replace a person.

Lol hey someone who knows how to play.
The tuning is way off with BC TW period. Some dungeons are just ridiculously hard, getting one-shotted by all the things. Others are super easy but the mobs have so much health it's hard to stay awake through the sheer boredom.

I mean... How hard is it to make sure the tuning is correct before releasing it to the masses?