enh nerfed by 43%!?!?!?

General Discussion
Decreases damage/healing by 43%: Crash Lightning, Crashing Storm, Earthen Spike, Earthquake, Elemental Spirits, Feral Lunge, Flametongue, Flametongue Attack, Frostbrand, Fury of Air, Hailstorm, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Shield, Rockbiter, Searing Assault, Stormstrike, Stormstrike Off-Hand, Sundering, Windfury, Windfury Attack, Windstrike, Windstrike Off-Hand.
Decreases periodic damage/healing by 43%: Crash Lightning, Crashing Storm, Earthen Spike, Earthquake, Elemental Spirits, Feral Lunge, Flametongue, Flametongue Attack, Frostbrand, Fury of Air, Hailstorm, Lava Lash, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Shield, Rockbiter, Searing Assault, Stormstrike, Stormstrike Off-Hand, Sundering, Windfury, Windfury Attack, Windstrike, Windstrike Off-Hand

For real? where is ENH rework? 8.1 is a month away and u a nerfing us by 43% when we arnt even that good? and why cant this be hotfixed in? u said in the Q&A that the rotational problem was beyond the scope of a hotfix...

% changes are not.

WHAT IS THE DEAL BLIZZARD!?!?!
11/09/2018 05:13 PMPosted by Nimox
In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:
  • Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
  • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
  • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
  • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
  • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
  • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
  • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
  • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
  • The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

Thank you for testing with us on the PTR!
so more % changes?!?!?!? WHY IS BLIZZARD LIEING SACKS OF GARBAGE?
11/15/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Zarles
In an upcoming Public Test Realm (PTR) build, several changes are coming for Enhancement Shamans.

We’re adjusting the following talents:
  • Boulderfist damage bonus increased to 35%.
  • Lightning Shield will no longer generate any bonus Maelstrom when the Lightning Shield overcharges.
  • Landslide changed to a 40% proc chance.
  • Forceful Winds reduced from 100% per stack to 80% per stack.
  • Totem Mastery: the Storm Totem benefit increased from 5% to 10%.
  • Hailstorm’s damage increased by 50%.
  • Overcharge now causes a 9 second cooldown to Lightning Bolt, down from 12 seconds.
  • Fury of Air damage increased by 40%.
  • Crashing Storm damage increased by 40%.

Lightning Shield and Forceful Winds are both popular talents right now, and we don’t want to reduce Enhancement’s overall damage with changes to those two talents, so additionally:
  • The damage done by all Enhancement abilities increased by 5%.

The changes above should help make the different choices on many talent rows much more competitive with each other.

In addition to these changes above, we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated. This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed. Do not panic; we are not lowering all of your damage and healing! This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

so saying reduc dmg by 43% but there not even tho it says they are!??!?

also those are just talent changes. i would think a 43% nerf to stormstrike is way worse than those buffs to talents.

and NONE, NONE OF THESE CHANGES. HELP THE SPEC IN ANYWAY

THEY ARE % CHANGES THATS IT.

Enh feels like garbo to play imo compared to other classes that actually have a committed dev working on them.

the mechanical rotation of enh is not right. and they are just giving us a band-aid even though they SAID they were going to change the MECHANICAL ROTATION
Wow, if enhancement is nerfed again then I will never play my shammy again. I haven't touched him since they broke him around Legion. He still feels broke to me and not as fun. So sad cause enhancement use to be enjoyable. R.I.P.
Are you reading what's written down or are you reading what's in your head? Can't help you if it's the latter.
#Feelsbadman :(
11/15/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Dranosh

Enh feels like garbo to play imo compared to other classes that actually have a committed dev working on them.

the mechanical rotation of enh is not right. and they are just giving us a band-aid even though they SAID they were going to change the MECHANICAL ROTATION

Are you going to keep yelling? It's not another player's fault that your class plays the way it does, and yelling to us about it doesn't do anything.

Change your title. It's clickbaity.
we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated.

They’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated.
This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed.

This may cause some websites to show that the damage or healing of almost every single Enhancement ability has changed.
Do not panic

Don't panic.
we are not lowering all of your damage and healing!

They are not lowering all of your damage and healing.
This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

It's just a data adjustment.
11/15/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Illaandra

and i am panicking, cus they are not doing anything they said they were going to.
they are changing the scaling on abilities thats what this change is about. they are making enh scale worse than it does right now. it may not be a nerf at the current time. but it end up being a HUGE nerf.
11/15/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Ava
we’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated.

They’re adjusting how many tooltips are generated.

Do not panic

Don't panic.
we are not lowering all of your damage and healing!

They are not lowering all of your damage and healing.
This will be a behind-the-scenes data adjustment only.

It's just a data adjustment.

THEY ARE % CHANGES THAT WILL EFFECT SCALING INTO LATER PATCHES. not something that can be ignored.
11/15/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Dranosh
11/15/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Illaandra

and i am panicking, cus they are not doing anything they said they were going to.
they are changing the scaling on abilities thats what this change is about. they are making enh scale worse than it does right now. it may not be a nerf at the current time. but it end up being a HUGE nerf.

BEHIND
THE
SCENES
DATA
ADJUSTMENT
ONLY
11/15/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Dranosh
<span class="truncated">...</span>

No, it does not.

From what I see, numerically, they're stripping away the huge aura reductions present and modifying initial spell values to reflect this change. This should actually make Enhancement scale better with gear, but at the very least this is a neutral change.

Even if it's just changing numbers to make it more readable, well, then it literally means exactly that.

Nobody's saying Enhancement plays well, but it's time for you to stop yelling at us for giving you information.
11/15/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Illaandra

Are you going to keep yelling? It's not another player's fault that your class plays the way it does, and yelling to us about it doesn't do anything.

Change your title. It's clickbaity.

NO CUS MY VOICE MUST BE HEARD I WILL YELL AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

and no clickbait means more exposure
11/15/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Dranosh

Haha, MM Hunter would like a word with you in terms of being mechanically broken and garbage to play.

Enhance's main issue is that it's too damn RNG reliant to play. SB procs is a make it and break it for your DPS. No procs, expect !@#$ty numbers by your name on the meters. On top of the spec being easily Maelstrom starved, it's niche but it has an unacceptable gameplay attached to it.
Stormstrike Energizes both your weapons with lightning and delivers a massive blow to your target, dealing a total of [ 358%(old) [ 214.8% (new) of Attack Power ] Physical damage. Requires Melee Weapon. Melee range. Instant.

that is a scaling nerf all abilities scale with attack power or spell power, and reducing the multiplier you will end up with smaller numbers. you can't tell me its not true. its basic algebra