Stormsong, Drustvar EXTREME LAG

General Discussion
This IS getting RIDICULOUS the LAG is so bad in these ZONES it is UNPLAYABLE.

Two days ago Drustvar was LAGGING so hard EVERYONE in drustvar was lagging I cant BELIEVE what is happening EVERYONe was raging in general chat.

Yesterday in STORMSONG there were 90 alliance fighting in STORMSONG against 3 horde raids EVERYONE in stormsong IT did NOT matter where YOU were it was JUST UNPLAYABLE.

With SO many ALLIANCE with warmode off this IS THE STATE of PVP LAG, what WILL happen if ALL the Alliance decide to TURN ON Warmode one DAY. ALL shards WILL CRASH?

Once AGAIN the alliance raid Cryptids League the anduin knights griffon raid was to be FOUND in these zones DURING lag.

I LOVE THIS GAME, I LOVE WARMODE BUT the lag BLIZZARD..

LAG is getting out of hands.

FIX PLEASEEEE
I honestly thought my haste had hit rock bottom and almost stopped playing this pally... Broken expansion is broken.
yeah it's weird.

tooltip says 40 ms but it really feels like 500 ms (drustvar only)

my guess is that the tooltip lies and the servers can't handle worldboss/phasing in drustvar.
10/07/2018 07:25 AMPosted by Zapey

Two days ago Drustvar was LAGGING so hard EVERYONE in drustvar was lagging I cant BELIEVE what is happening EVERYONe was raging in general chat.

Yesterday in STORMSONG there were 90 alliance fighting in STORMSONG against 3 horde raids EVERYONE in stormsong IT did NOT matter where YOU were it was JUST UNPLAYABLE.

With SO many ALLIANCE with warmode off this IS THE STATE of PVP LAG, what WILL happen if ALL the Alliance decide to TURN ON Warmode one DAY. ALL shards WILL CRASH?

Once AGAIN Cryptids League the anduin knights griffon raid was to be FOUND in these zones DURING lag.

FIX PLEASEEEE
Sounds like to many people are playing then the doomsayers were wrong hail to the king baby!
MY MS was fine too but the lag was SO BAD players were moving after 3 seconds it was a sudden move SPIKING lag.

This is VERY poor SOMETHING is seriously WRONG

10/07/2018 07:30 AMPosted by Tekbm
yeah it's weird.

tooltip says 40 ms but it really feels like 500 ms (drustvar only)

my guess is that the tooltip lies and the servers can't handle worldboss/phasing in drustvar.
I've noticed something going on with cross realm zones (and dungeons) whenever an oceanic player joins everyone starts lagging, idk if its a bug or what because this shouldn't be happening on $15/month premium dedicated servers.
I tried to do the world boss in drustvar with the laggy server and a 40man raid.

keyword: tried.

ended up just watching the boss lose chunks of his hp at a time as the pathetic servers caught up.
In those situations it isn't the server lagging, it's your computers that can't handle it. The more going on the more your machine has to draw and the faster it has to do it. Most play this game on medium to low end computers which aren't good enough to handle raid sized groups going at it.
Bro what's wrong with your shift key

Once AGAIN the alliance raid Cryptids League the anduin knights griffon raid was to be FOUND in these zones DURING lag.

FIX PLEASEEEE

Funny, when we organize 3 raids to attack Horde zones and things get laggy GM's immediately put a stop to it...Horde does it in our zones though and it's just "Let it lag and crash". No bias though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10/07/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Nighdarke
In those situations it isn't the server lagging, it's your computers that can't handle it. The more going on the more your machine has to draw and the faster it has to do it. Most play this game on medium to low end computers which aren't good enough to handle raid sized groups going at it.

i run a gtx1080 and i7 6700k @ 4.4 ghz and play on universally low video settings.

if my pc cant handle that, theres something wrong with the game.
I WISH i could AGREE with you.

I said EVERYONE in the zone was lagging general chat was going CRAZYYY. It was SERVER lag NOT computer lag.

10/07/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Nighdarke
Lag in very heavy populated areas with a bajillion spells going off is kinda normal. But there is a creep lag on the servers too, i think its phasing lag from their phasing tech. There is also an input lag in the game or ability lag you hit an ability and it dont go off right away , you click to interact but it takes a second. But a quick read on input lag will show you that windowed modes can cause input lag. Since wow is only run on windowed modes now, people will notice it more.
I have seen bad lag in both Stormsong and Drustvar on the weekend in non war mode. They are just pushing too many people into shards.
10/07/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Iskandi
Lag in very heavy populated areas with a bajillion spells going off is kinda normal. But there is a creep lag on the servers too, i think its phasing lag from their phasing tech. There is also an input lag in the game or ability lag you hit an ability and it dont go off right away , you click to interact but it takes a second. But a quick read on input lag will show you that windowed modes can cause input lag. Since wow is only run on windowed modes now, people will notice it more.

I always ran wow in windowed and never had lag problems except when I was stuck on oceanic servers. What is happening now is some sort of problem with their game.
WOW I did not know that!!!

All this time I thought the lag was taking place for people with warmode on and during PVP between two factions. The fact this is happening with people without warmode that is even worse.

I am EVEN MORE confused now

10/07/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Amine
I have seen bad lag in both Stormsong and Drustvar on the weekend in non war mode. They are just pushing too many people into shards.
10/07/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Amine

I think the bigger problem with the sharding system is that ever since the BfA pre-patch, large groups of people that get placed in the same shard due to grouping (e.g. for a rare elite world quest) are not being returned to either their home shard or their previous shard once they leave that group/raid.

So, whatever shard that group happens to drop in to ends up with a much higher population than it should have which leads to performance degradation on the server side even after they're long done with the reason they were there. Having a world boss active in the same zone compounds this problem.
OH my god YOU TYPE like A tool
Edited to be more clear:

Horde hit us with a zerg raid yesterday morning at seekers vista. Someone organized a counter raid which resulted in a 12 hour + zerg fest in seekers. The intire zone became a blood bath. I dont think ive seen so many horde skellys in one spot ever.

The server started showing extream lag towards the evening, it got bad enough that folks on both sides eventually gave up at least for a short period because the game was unplayable for most people in the zone.

Not once did a gm show up and put a stop to it. These large raids kill server sim speed.

This is why horde mode is awful, this is why people are turning it off....they are sick of the damn zerg raids.
I play in Drustvar every day. I have seen no lagging there.

10/07/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Cybillshade
Horde hit us with a zerg raid yesterday morning at seekers vista. Someone organized a counter raid which resulted in a 12 hour + zerg fest in seekers.
Oh, wpvp. I don't wpvp. That explains it.

10/07/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Cybillshade
Not once did a gm show up and put a stop to it.
Did anyone report it to a GM? Did you?

Or do you imagine Blizzard has milliions of GMs, constantly monitoring the 5 million players to make sure everything is going smoothly? They don't.