When to quit?

General Discussion
I'll try to keep this short.

I came back to WoW for BfA after leaving during MoP.

I have enjoyed most aspects of BfA, but i've enjoyed it much less than i anticipated.. I see a lot of these threads lately, so i know i am not alone.

I get home from work, log on, check Emissaries and usually log over to an alt, rinse and repeat. I by no means don't think there isn't enough to do. I just feel no motivation to do any of it.

I've leveled 3 120's so far, just to get a feel for classes since they're all so different since MoP.

I feel alone. I feel bored and i feel like it's just become habit to log on. I don't really have anyone to play with. My guild is very active, but they're all light years ahead of me in mythic+ and what not, so getting involved in that is quite difficult.

Maybe it's time for a new guild? Maybe it's time for me to meet new people? Or maybe it's time for me to put WoW back to rest.

Sorry for the rant, GD. But i had so much fun in MoP, that i guess i expected the same when i returned.

I have enjoyed most aspects of BfA, but i've enjoyed much less. I see a lot of these threads lately, so i know i am not alone.

I get home from work, log on, check Emissaries and usually log over to an alt, rinse and repeat. I by no means don't think there isn't enough to do. I just feel no motivation to do any of it.

I've leveled 3 120's so far, just to get a feel for classes since they're all so different since MoP.

I feel alone. I feel bored and i feel like it's just become habit to log on. I don't really have anyone to play with. My guild is very active, but they're all light years ahead of me in mythic+ and what not, so getting involved in that is quite difficult.

Maybe it's time for a new guild? Maybe it's time for me to meet new people? Or maybe it's time for me to put WoW back to rest.

Sorry for the rant, GD. But i had so much fun in MoP, that i guess i expected the same when i returned.

Not having fun, quit. Seriously and not being a DB. Life is too short.

That being said have you asked your guildies to run a lower key on an alt or to help you out to progress and catch up? Or alt raid night? Anything to help you catch up. If so and they said no, time for a new guild. If not, ask.

GL and have fun or find something else.
I don't get how people can say "They had so much fun" in MoP versus BfA at a comparable point in the expansion.

MoP:
- Rep Grinds
- 1 Raid
- CM Dungeon Runs
- Same Daily Quests w/ 25 Daily Cap

BfA:
- Rep Grinds
- 1 Raid
- Mythic+ Dungeon Runs
- 100s of World Quests that rotate in and out on a staggered basis

The only thing MoP had that BfA does not is flying. But that's a settled issue.

People complain they're doing "the same thing" over and over in BfA and long for MoP... yet in MoP you were literally doing the same thing day after day. The dailies would cycle in and out yes, but they were pretty much 90% the same every day.
When I'm dead?
10/08/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Darkestalker
Not having fun, quit. Seriously and not being a DB. Life is too short.

That being said have you asked your guildies to run a lower key on an alt or to help you out to progress and catch up? Or alt raid night? Anything to help you catch up. If so and they said no, time for a new guild. If not, ask.

GL and have fun or find something else.

I was progressing with them at first, but unfortunately i had to step away for 2 weeks to help my wife.

That put me 15+ ilvls behind.

The guild does normal clears on Saturday evenings, which does not work for me.

I guess you're right. I will attempt to get back into the runs, and see where it goes.

Thanks for your input.
Yea. IMO, class design is so bad this expansion. It makes any content available feel boring and monotonous.
10/08/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Forums
I don't get how people can say "They had so much fun" in MoP versus BfA at a comparable point in the expansion.

MoP:
- Rep Grinds
- 1 Raid
- CM Dungeon Runs
- Same Daily Quests w/ 25 Daily Cap

BfA:
- Rep Grinds
- 1 Raid
- Mythic+ Dungeon Runs
- 100s of World Quests that rotate in and out on a staggered basis

The only thing MoP had that BfA does not is flying. But that's a settled issue.

People complain they're doing "the same thing" over and over in BfA and long for MoP... yet in MoP you were literally doing the same thing day after day. The dailies would cycle in and out yes, but they were pretty much 90% the same every day.

I'm not comparing it to MoP. I'm saying that is the last time i had fun. MoP wasn't the best expansion whatsoever, but when MoP was my last WoW experience prior to BFA i am going to compare it to that said expansion.

WotLK was my favorite of all time, like many others.
I'm in the same boat as you are. I left at the end of Mists and returned at the beginning of BfA. I disliked a lot of the changes to the game but I enjoyed several others.

After I leveled my first toon (horde), I decided to join the other faction with a RL friend. I also found other things to do, such as: legacy raids/achievements, trying a new class out and trying one out that I hated years ago to see if it became fun.

One thing I'm still puzzled by are Booty Bay Bruisers. Back in WotLK, I stood inside Booty Bay AoE killing multiple Bruisers at the same time to grind Bloodsail rep. I tried last night to kill just 1 and he 3-shot me. I barely put a dent in him.

We've been gone for quite a while. Are there any WoW bucket list items that you've wanted to tackle?
If you're not having fun anymore then that's probably your queue to leave. There's no point on paying a monthly fee just to feel bored. There's plenty of good games out there that are worth your money.
Are there any Wow bucket listitems that you've wanted to tackle?

To be honest, i think my biggest thing is the social aspect of the game is gone. A lot of my old friends don't play anymore.

I usually run old content for fun transmogs etc.

I've been trying to get my rogue into PvP, so that's my last shot at truly enjoying this expansion. I know it's early, and that's why i am trying not to give up.
I come and go with WoW on every expansion. The first time I left WoW, it was hard coz I was addicted to it. I was hardcore with it. I had among the best gear in my realm. But I have to quit becoz I had no RL. I was successful though on quitting.

But I came back on the next expansion as a casual player. WoW was evolving to cater casuals but it was not ready. I just played for few months with less playing time then quit again.

I came back again also as casual player but I also quit after few months of casual play. Came back in Cata, Panda, and Draenor. I felt WoW is not for me as casual coz I have no time to grind.

Then Legion came. I realized that I could do raids and Mythic + speed runs again thru Dungeon Finder. It was a blast. I also need to farm gold to sustain my raiding needs... gear enchants, potions, flasks. No problem, I just buy gold from AH. And this is legit this time. I beat Mythic EN just by using Dungeon Finder but I quit the game afterwards to play Necromancers of Diablo 3. But I came back on Antorus just enough to get Ahead of the Curve and beating Mythic +15 achievement.

On BFA, I am doing the same like Legion. Dungeon FInder everything. I started slow but I am catching up. I beat Mythic +3s and now 5/8 of Normal Uldir. I will get there slowly. At least, I don't run out of something to do. I am quite busy having fun with BFA right now.
Yeah, I haven't logged on in days. I know what you're saying op.
10/08/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Mageulook

I have enjoyed most aspects of BfA, but i've enjoyed it much less than i anticipated.. I see a lot of these threads lately, so i know i am not alone.

Maybe your guild should help you out dragging you through M+? You may feel a bit better about the game if you can do stuff with your guild. My guild is the only thing keeping me playing this expansion.
10/08/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Iceblockyou
Maybe your guild should help you out dragging you through M+?

At this point, i feel like most of my guild is pretty hardcore.

Yet, i am a casual. So yes, that's my own fault.

As for having them run me through M+, i don't want to seem like a hassle.
The problem with this expansion (and Legion) is the AP system. Used to be you could take a month or two off, come back and do a few gear up runs and be ready to go. Now you have to grind AP. Grind the right Azerite pieces so you can do relevent damage. (And if you haven't been grinding AP, your heart ilvl is now way behind). Its not fun or conducive to anyone coming back.

I feel you OP. The game is not set up to allow us to play how we want.
I feel you OP. My sub expires next week.
Quit now and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
This game has never been fun without friends playing with you.
10/08/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Mageulook

To be honest, i think my biggest thing is the social aspect of the game is gone. A lot of my old friends don't play anymore.

This. I think we're chasing a high from an earlier era in our lives. I remember running a raid guild. I remember clearing content with friends. I remember doing all the things.

Four other friends came back for BfA. We took a week off work and binged the crap out of the game. One by one they stopped logging in, and now I'm the last one left.

In desperation I made a forum post looking for a new guild, and found one. Tuesday will be my first night raiding with them, and while nervous, I'm hopeful. Not that I'll parse well, but that they'll be cool people and I'll make friends.

This game is nothing without friends. =)
10/08/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Mageulook

I usually run old content for fun transmogs etc.

I've been trying to get my rogue into PvP, so that's my last shot at truly enjoying this expansion. I know it's early, and that's why i am trying not to give up.

When I began playing in Vanilla, there were quite a few friends from either RL or my previous MMO that were playing. As far as I know, I'm the only one who still plays. I do miss those days of social interaction.

Then again, our old guild master who seemed to be on 24/7 is now obsessed with Minecraft :/