I choose to to opt out of world pvp entirely.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Still better than it used to be. I remember people running into my AoE to get me to flag.
10/10/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Bullets
10/10/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Lokki
You can opt out of PvP by not performing PvP actions.

Entering Opposite faction territory
Attacking PvP enabled NPCs
Using /pvp
Turning on Warmode
Entering a battleground
Entering an Arena

These actions flag you for PvP. If you don't want to be flagged for PvP don't do these things. It's 100% opt in. There is no way for you to be flagged for PvP without you choosing to do one of these things.

What is even the complaint?
but i don't do those things when farming a herb and get flagged because its to close to something i dont even know it there,
Mark them on the map or put up a warning when getting close, i would walk away and never go back

You clearly do those things when you are farming herbs. Clearly... Because farming herbs does not flag the player. Entering opposing faction cities does.

So just don't do that.

If you absolutely for some reason cannot remember where towns that will flag you are, I suggest you get a map addons like TomTom or Handy notes. Then you can put big red "NO GO ZONES" on your map to help you remember where these camps and cities are located.
the simplest solution: GO AROUND the other faction areas.

problem solved.
10/10/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Lexindra
10/10/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Bullets

Really, so with war mode off i can attack you, no i can't. Players are made unattackable why can't enemy guards.

So you don't go around killing quest NPCs with immunity.

You don't have to attack enemy guards or quest npcs to be flagged you just have to wander into their area and you are automatically flagged .
10/10/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Lokki
Entering opposing faction cities does.
In case you weren't aware, getting targeted by enemy guards seems to.

Even if they're guarding an outpost that's supposed to be hidden. Even if they're patrolling a road between outposts you know about and avoid.

It really is easier to flag without having any idea it's a risk than you seem to think it is.
10/10/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Akston
Stop attacking guards and Alliance centric npcs.

Being attacked by the guards - without retaliating - flags you for PvP. This should not happen, but it does.

Still, it barely even registers on the list of stupid things that happen in this game. I play it for my guildmates, and as long as it is vaguely tolerable I'll probably stay subbed.
10/10/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Douglas
10/10/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Lokki
Entering opposing faction cities does.
In case you weren't aware, getting targeted by enemy guards seems to.

Even if they're guarding an outpost that's supposed to be hidden. Even if they're patrolling a road between outposts you know about and avoid.

It really is easier to flag without having any idea it's a risk than you seem to think it is.

That is because that counts as attacking a flagged NPC.

Like... seriously it's still 100% opt in. If you don't want to be flagged for PvP Do not go into opposite faction areas, do not fight opposite faction NPCs. Just don't do that.

If you 100% cannot pay attention to where you are going use a map addon (I suggested 2 that would work).

And if you also cannot pay attention to the NPCs that are around you while you are walking you can also get NPCScan which will let you scan for any guards and alert you when they are near so you can stay away.

No one can flag you for PvP but you.
10/10/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Lokki
And if you also cannot pay attention to the NPCs that are around you while you are walking you can also get NPCScan which will let you scan for any guards and alert you when they are near so you can stay away.

And will this addon tell you when you are near NPCs that are not labeled PvP, but will flag you anyway?
10/10/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Craggar
10/10/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Akston
Stop attacking guards and Alliance centric npcs.

Being attacked by the guards - without retaliating - flags you for PvP. This should not happen, but it does.

Still, it barely even registers on the list of stupid things that happen in this game. I play it for my guildmates, and as long as it is vaguely tolerable I'll probably stay subbed.

So don't go in areas that have guards of the opposing faction!

Problem solved! Not stupid at all! Working as intended!
I was fighting a WQ mob in a cave a few days back. Nowhere near any horde base or anything. In the middle, at least three elite horde guards spawned on top of the fight, obviously getting agroed by all the abilities that you can't stop from AOEing even if you wanted to, so of course all the alliance there got flagged.

It was weird.
10/10/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Caelin
It is using the same rules that PvE servers have for years, just stay away from hostile enemy faction NPCs and you will be fine. They have to enable PvP mode in that case otherwise everyone would turn warmode off and go kill enemy faction npcs and leaders with zero ways of stopping them.

When horde go to some alliance zones to complete quests we need for the war campaign for pathfinder there are guards that aggro super easily, and you get flagged.
10/10/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Tsavis
10/10/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Caelin
It is using the same rules that PvE servers have for years, just stay away from hostile enemy faction NPCs and you will be fine. They have to enable PvP mode in that case otherwise everyone would turn warmode off and go kill enemy faction npcs and leaders with zero ways of stopping them.

When horde go to some alliance zones to complete quests we need for the war campaign for pathfinder there are guards that aggro super easily, and you get flagged.

This, and some of these NPCs are NOT marked as "PvP" NPCs, yet if you get close or attack them (thinking they are not PvP NPCs because they are not marked as such) you get flagged.

This is what people don't seem to understand.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

This, and some of these NPCs are NOT marked as "PvP" NPCs, yet if you get close or attack them (thinking they are not PvP NPCs because they are not marked as such) you get flagged.

This is what people don't seem to understand.

Exactly, and like the op said you go across a bridge, and you get aggroed and flagged. I am used to it, I just do a lot of corpse running. I don't think alliance have this same problem, or we would see a lot more complaint threads.
10/10/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
...So how many times have you been auto-flagged and attacked in PvP by a person?

I can't give you a exact number because i don't count them, But i have been a number of times. I die run back to my body and stand there for 5 min till flag goes away, then res.
I'm pretty sure you've only ever been killed by NPC's. When you're auto-flagged for PvP you are not automatically sharded with others who have warmode on. You remain on the PvE shard you are in. A member of the opposing faction who has warmode on cannot see you.
I agree with you on this 100%.

Too bad Blizz feels like they need to keep sending fodder so the PvPers have easy kills.

Just one more way e-sports & PvP are destroying the RPG part of an mmoRPG.
10/10/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Tsavis
Exactly, and like the op said you go across a bridge, and you get aggroed and flagged. I am used to it, I just do a lot of corpse running. I don't think alliance have this same problem, or we would see a lot more complaint threads.

We do, we're just used to PvP being a borked experience for us, and there are so many worse issues to complain about.
10/10/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Noheakoa
Except there are many small encampments of the enemy you only learn about as you head down the path to the World Quest on your map and run smack into their guards blocking the path.

It's called PAY ATTENTION to where you are going and stop autorunning everywhere.

seriously, I've got warmode on and NEVER triggered alliance NPCs to come after me this expac because I look where the hell I am going before wandering through an area. Also I will point out, you can see Alliance / Horde bases from quite a distance given they have huge banners near the entrance path to said base.
10/10/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Mystraele
10/10/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Lokki

And will this addon tell you when you are near NPCs that are not labeled PvP, but will flag you anyway?

It will tell you when you are near any NPC you want...
10/10/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Craggar
10/10/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Tsavis

We do, we're just used to PvP being a borked experience for us, and there are so many worse issues to complain about.

Yeah that's what I figured too, I'm surprised at the lack of understanding by others in this thread, because if it's borked on both sides then it needs fixing. Anyway off to work hagda

I can't give you a exact number because i don't count them, But i have been a number of times. I die run back to my body and stand there for 5 min till flag goes away, then res.
I'm pretty sure you've only ever been killed by NPC's. When you're auto-flagged for PvP you are not automatically sharded with others who have warmode on. You remain on the PvE shard you are in. A member of the opposing faction who has warmode on cannot see you.

I know the difference between a npc and players, i get killed by players quite often too.