I choose to to opt out of world pvp entirely.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Devs like force flagging people. They find new ways to do it every expansion. When reworking leveling to implement level scaling they changed several non-pvp quests to pvp quests that will flag the player, which I discovered while completing Loremaster.
10/10/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Lokki
10/10/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Mystraele

And will this addon tell you when you are near NPCs that are not labeled PvP, but will flag you anyway?

It will tell you when you are near any NPC you want...

So...I'd have to actually know that these particular NPCs are there, and that they are not marked "PvP" even though they will flag you, and then manually put them into the addon.

This doesn't really seem like the "fix it all" solution that you'd like to portray it as.
10/10/2018 10:30 AMPosted by Bullets
10/10/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Akston
Stop attacking guards and Alliance centric npcs.

I don't, they attack me and flag me, for something as simple as running on a road.

Yeah, this is a problem. Sometimes the WQ completion zones abut or overlap an aggro area from PvP-flagging NPCs who will flag you just by coming within range.
Yeah, ZERO chance an untargetable player wouldn't say.... sit on a quest npc with a large mount.

Just like back in the day unflagged hunters would never take advantage of how pets interacted with pvp to have them kill lowbies with zero chance of reprecussions.
The OP isn't asking for no consequences for being in enemy areas, idiots. He's saying that he doesn't want to be flagged for merely existing next to an NPC encampment. He even said in the opener he doesn't care about the guards being the ones to kill him, so it's not like he's asking to dance on Alliance mailboxes where everyone can see. Too much PvP has rotted some brains around here.
10/10/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Caelin
10/10/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Bullets
Really, so with war mode off i can attack you, no i can't. Players are made unattackable why can't enemy guards.

If you are flagged for PvP because you attacked an Allilance NPC, I can toggle my PvP flag on and attack you. It is pretty simple actually

Warmode off == old PvE rule set
Warmode on == old PvP rule set with additional rewards

I beg to differ on this point. I tried to turn PvP on the other day and it said I could ONLY toggle PvP on or off in Stormwind. Maybe a hotfix?
It's an easy fix. Stop running close to Alliance towns and or through them, can't get PvP flagged if you're nowhere near them
10/10/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Vynnisse
The OP isn't asking for no consequences for being in enemy areas, idiots. He's saying that he doesn't want to be flagged for merely existing next to an NPC encampment. He even said in the opener he doesn't care about the guards being the ones to kill him, so it's not like he's asking to dance on Alliance mailboxes where everyone can see. Too much PvP has rotted some brains around here.

Exactly.
10/10/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Mystraele
This doesn't really seem like the "fix it all" solution that you'd like to portray it as.

The solution is just pay attention to where you are going and what you are doing. People have been playing on PvE servers for years and have been avoiding flagging very easily. Nothing has changed about flagging for PvP in the PvE shard except now the world PvPers are no longer around because they are in their own shard.

The addon suggestion is just so you can keep not paying attention to what you are doing and where you are going and still avoid accidentally doing the things that flag you for PvP.

Yes it would take some effort to set it up but it's not like there isn't database of ever alliance / Horde hostile NPC in the game, you could just go over to wowhead, bring up NPCs in whatever zone you care about, filter by pvp-hostile, copy paste and boom you got yourself an addon that will alert you anytime you are near any of those guys. It will take you 20 minutes...

Or you can keep complaining that it's too hard to simply pay attention to where you are going, and too hard to use the tools someone informed you of to fix it for yourself, and hope that Blizzard fixes this insignificant problem for you.
10/10/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Raspir
It's an easy fix. Stop running close to Alliance towns and or through them, can't get PvP flagged if you're nowhere near them

This is an okay solution but am I the only one who has trouble knowing on sight which areas are Alliance towns and which areas are just hostile human npcs when doing world quests in Kul'Tiras?
10/10/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Mystraele
10/10/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Akston

Sounds like you can still opt out of world pvp, by watching where you are going.

Working as intended.

There are consequences for running into the area the other faction controls.

Even if you're watching where you are going, you can be flagged by getting close to, or attacking, NPCs that are not labeled as "PvP." This is the part that's most important. For the first 14 years of the game, NPCs that will flag you when aggroed or attacked were labeled "PvP" but somehow now, some are not.

This is not okay.

The fact that you are making such a big deal out of this subject is the only thing that is not ok.

Being flagged is the consequence for being in an enemy area with faction NPCs. It's been that way forever and the rule set hasn't changed. 9/10 times your flag will fall off before you even see another player so this is just complaining because an npc put a symbol on your portrait for 5 minutes.
I can't tell if the OP is really that dumb, really that much of a Care Bear, or really that bad at trolling.

FWIW, I haven't gotten flagged once this xpac running around the Horde Island trying to get WQs and flight points. And I see plenty of unflagged Horde running around KT doing their WQ.

Nice, those who disagree with you are idiots? Look, untargetable players WILL find a way to harrass others... Mainly the non-pvpers.
10/10/2018 11:52 AMPosted by Lokki
10/10/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Mystraele

The solution is just pay attention to where you are going and what you are doing. People have been playing on PvE servers for years and have been avoiding flagging very easily. Nothing has changed about flagging for PvP in the PvE shard except now the world PvPers are no longer around because they are in their own shard.

The addon suggestion is just so you can keep not paying attention to what you are doing and where you are going and still avoid accidentally doing the things that flag you for PvP.

Yes it would take some effort to set it up but it's not like there isn't database of ever alliance / Horde hostile NPC in the game, you could just go over to wowhead, bring up NPCs in whatever zone you care about, filter by pvp-hostile, copy paste and boom you got yourself an addon that will alert you anytime you are near any of those guys. It will take you 20 minutes...

Or you can keep complaining that it's too hard to simply pay attention to where you are going, and too hard to use the tools someone informed you of to fix it for yourself, and hope that Blizzard fixes this insignificant problem for you.

The part that you're not getting is that these NPCs are NOT marked PvP. Sure, if I bring up this particular NPC on wowhead:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138738/bridgeport-sentry

It shows hostile to Horde. In game, it's not marked PvP, so there's no way to know it will flag you for just getting too close. What's to show that this NPC is any different from any other wandering humanoid that's hostile? Not a thing.

And if you're really advocating all this research and special inputs to an addon before going out and about in the game, just to fix an issue that's never been an issue in the entire history of the game, I'm just not sure what else to say. This is a problem that's been introduced in BfA, not some sudden inability on the part of some players to "watch where they're going."

10/10/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Malenrhen
I can't tell if the OP is really that dumb, really that much of a Care Bear, or really that bad at trolling.

FWIW, I haven't gotten flagged once this xpac running around the Horde Island trying to get WQs and flight points. And I see plenty of unflagged Horde running around KT doing their WQ.

I never had any issues at all on my Alliance character either. All of the issues I've had have been on my Horde character. Same for my daughter.
The part that you're not getting is that these NPCs are NOT marked PvP. Sure, if I bring up this particular NPC on wowhead:

It shows hostile to Horde. In game, it's not marked PvP, so there's no way to know it will flag you for just getting too close. What's to show that this NPC is any different from any other wandering humanoid that's hostile? Not a thing.

This is what we call a bug.
Just submit a bug report.
Simple.

The OP is not talking about that. The OP is talkign about towns, and cities and guards flagging them and wanting that to all go away.

You are talking about a NPC who has a display bug in the default UI that you would like to see fixed so you can simply avoid them.
I know it’s not what you’re looking for but if you’re near a Flight Point just jump on it. It drops your flag immediately.
10/10/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Redlantern
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If you are flagged for PvP because you attacked an Allilance NPC, I can toggle my PvP flag on and attack you. It is pretty simple actually

Warmode off == old PvE rule set
Warmode on == old PvP rule set with additional rewards

I beg to differ on this point. I tried to turn PvP on the other day and it said I could ONLY toggle PvP on or off in Stormwind. Maybe a hotfix?
No, you tried to turn off war mode, if that's the result you got.

Having war mode on gives you the old rules of being on a PvP server. You can only toggle that at home.

But if you have war mode off, and you leave it off, it works by the old rules of a PvE server. You can flag at any time, by performing an action that flags you, or deliberately by typing "/pvp". If you do, you don't get the war mode bonus at all -- it's just like you flagged on an old PvE server. If you type "/pvp" again, anywhere, you'll get the old five minute countdown timer and then be unflagged.

Some people think of war mode as the replacement for the old system of flagging. It's not. It's the replacement for paid server transfers between PvP and PvE servers.

These are the ones i mainly complaining about, I understand if i run into a enemy city i will prob get flagged and killed, but just walking across a bridge or on a marked road(and by the way blizz tells you to stay on roads and you are less likely to be attacked), or picking a herb or mining node that is put in the game for everyone not just one faction.

I know not to attack npc's that are marked pvp, it's just that some have huge aggro and some don't. So if there is a addon that will let me know which gathering nodes are for the enemy i would like to know what it is, or one that tell me which npc has a huge aggro and ones that don't, which npc not marked as pvp are pvp it would be nice.

Call me a care bear, scared or anything you want, i don't care. I don't make fun of you for not doing things you hate or don't like. i want to do what is fun for me not you. I tried pvp and i hated it, its takes all the fun out of this game for me. I love WoW just hate pvp. I play both ally and horde it happens on both sides.

Or the simple thing would be just don't ever flag me for pvp unless i have war mode on, isn't that what it is for. I'm not asking for anything to become friendly or any npc not to attack and kill me, i just don't want be flagged.
i have only been flagged in bfa expac for riding past an enemy town or fort or tunnel visioning a gathering node and stumbling on the same enemy fort or town

no biggie; either just stay mounted and ride off into the sunset and melt off the 5 min or- if feeling particularly fraidy then just hearth or flight whistle

i have blown through the same enemy towns a few times forgetting each time; maybe i will figure it out one day