Molten Core in the 1st Week, UPDATE

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 Next
Not going to read all 20 pages of this thread. For people saying it will be impossible, please remember that Dire Maul initially was not released at launch. DM provides some amazing gear for all classes, that in many cases is better then the MC gear you are going to replace it with.

The Tank debate would be totally viable, if Classic were launching with the same content it did originally. It however is not. It is coming with DM. A smart player will begin to acquire his tank gear at level 50 in ST and continue to collect until 60. At 60 they can spend a little time grabbing those last few pieces that were not available in ST/BRD from DM. Now I know what you are thinking ST AND BRD TO TANK MC?!?!, yes, a lot of pre-raid BIS gear comes from BRD.

Anyways. GL w/ this and maybe I'll see you there.
This seems fairly plausible to me. If you take 3,000 nerds that want to play wow classic, and take the top 1% of them would be 30 super hardcore players. Probably 18 hour/day for launch week players. Over 7 days with 1.12 talents there will be quite a few lvl 60 players, and everyone that hit level 60 will be keen to be apart of a week 1 MC attempt. If they can cobble together 30 people in greens/blues I definitely think they can take down a boss or two. The hardest part will probably be getting a warrior levelled and geared in that time. You might even be better off just using dr00d tanks because they level much better.

PvP server won't be an issue at all after the first day because anyone screwing around pvp'ing will fall far behind on the levelling curve.
10/14/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Bandulu
10/14/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Padrepwn
Now all we need to know is what server. Lol
Oh and what guild is this again?
Is this a pvp server project or a pve?

Surprised one of the streamers hasn't announced something like this.
At the very least make sure someone records this and posts it somewhere.

I'm somewhat interested in this. Lol.

We will be streaming.

It will be a PvP server.

We don't know which one yet, obviously :P

LMAO 40 capped keyed players including warriors in blues by day 6...on a damn pvp server where you could get stuck in 10-20 zone for a day dead. The record for non twinks is like 4.5 days played not days but days played. And that is for optimal leveling classes on pve servers. Add in warrior/pally and pvp server there is no way it is happening in 6 days.
Is there even any guarantee what day the game will release on? It seems kinda likely it will release on a thurs/fri making the first tues reset completely impossible but the following week one a 10 day one which should be game on to down bosses from the keen guilds.
11/12/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Winkels
This seems fairly plausible to me. If you take 3,000 nerds that want to play wow classic, and take the top 1% of them would be 30 super hardcore players. Probably 18 hour/day for launch week players. Over 7 days with 1.12 talents there will be quite a few lvl 60 players, and everyone that hit level 60 will be keen to be apart of a week 1 MC attempt. If they can cobble together 30 people in greens/blues I definitely think they can take down a boss or two. The hardest part will probably be getting a warrior levelled and geared in that time. You might even be better off just using dr00d tanks because they level much better.

PvP server won't be an issue at all after the first day because anyone screwing around pvp'ing will fall far behind on the levelling curve.

Winkels, you need to hit me up on discord.

We need to talk ;)

Dulu#5759
11/12/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Lorissa

We will be streaming.

It will be a PvP server.

LMAO 40 capped keyed players including warriors in blues by day 6...on a damn pvp server where you could get stuck in 10-20 zone for a day dead. The record for non twinks is like 4.5 days played not days but days played. And that is for optimal leveling classes on pve servers. Add in warrior/pally and pvp server there is no way it is happening in 6 days.

Well anyone who is pvping will be levels and zones behind. If these guys go hard core and are lvl 30 whilst all the pvpers are 24 and a zone behind. They likely won’t see any pvp at all untill some time after they hit 60
11/12/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Rhaegár
11/12/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Lorissa

Well anyone who is pvping will be levels and zones behind. If these guys go hard core and are lvl 30 whilst all the pvpers are 24 and a zone behind. They likely won’t see any pvp at all untill some time after they hit 60

I’ve played on half a dozen classic servers when they launched, plus was present for Nostalrus and Elysium launch.

What that guy is describing simply doesn’t happen.

Once you get ahead of the pack, the top 30 percent or so of players you will be around will have no interest in PvP.

And if you’re scared of PvP, this project isn’t for you.

www.exploitedgaming.com
Bump.
Bump.

Still looking for people.
Sorry to inform you guys but apparently to some of the classic forum dwellers, its impossible for people to reach max lvl in under a month, so it will be very, very hard to raid MC!
11/14/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Zenshigen
Sorry to inform you guys but apparently to some of the classic forum dwellers, its impossible for people to reach max lvl in under a month, so it will be very, very hard to raid MC!

Still trying to spread misinformation ?

Fastest leveler took about 4 days.
Hardcores can do it easily.

It's your average player that can't even though you said they could.

You either have no clue how vanilla played or are purposely using misinformation or totally made up information in your posts.
11/14/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Zenshigen

Poe's law.

It's impossible to read sarcasm on the internet.
10/14/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Bandulu
10/14/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Brockthorn
You're gonna get 40 attuned and geared players on day 6 ?

Much luck to you.

You don't need 40 people to do Molten Core.

As the other poster pointed out, the main difficulty of this challenge is getting a tank, or tanks properly prepared.

It's ambitious. But it's doable.

I predict we can kill 3 bosses if we have 40 people who meet the requirements I posted, and one 'passable' prot warrior.

I main tanked/downed all bosses back in vanilla. I also hit the gong and got the legendary mount for ahn qiraj.. failed miserably on the first raid of AQ as well.

Im not tanking this go around though. Im going lock.
11/13/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Bandulu
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I’ve played on half a dozen classic servers when they launched, plus was present for Nostalrus and Elysium launch.

What that guy is describing simply doesn’t happen.

Once you get ahead of the pack, the top 30 percent or so of players you will be around will have no interest in PvP.

And if you’re scared of PvP, this project isn’t for you.

www.exploitedgaming.com

How exactly does a warrior or pally get ahead of the group? Hunters and mages and druids can pvp alot while staying right with the turtle leveling classes.
And lets say you never get killed a single time... record is like I think 104 hrs or like 4.25 days played. You know warriors and pallys will be nowhere near that record even for the 1st on their class on the server. If you add 1 day for sleep (meaning you don't have someone playing while you are asleep you will be at over 5 days even for a record pace and that is about 19 hrs a playing for 5 days straight. Now you need several of them to get there on your server. And now you have hunters druids and mages at 60. Unless you are raiding with just those classes now you have to wait for the slower classes to get there. You will be lucky if you even have 1 warrior at level cap by the end of day 6 let alone 4. Will your hunters have tanq? What what about preists and pallys to heal? Are you going to heal with 10 ferral druids? You should be planning week 2 clear as that is actually something you might be able to do.
10/14/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Padrepwn
Now all we need to know is what server. Lol
Oh and what guild is this again?
Is this a pvp server project or a pve?

Surprised one of the streamers hasn't announced something like this.
At the very least make sure someone records this and posts it somewhere.

I'm somewhat interested in this. Lol.

We will be streaming.

It will be a PvP server.

Good luck to you... I just hope an alliance guild also forms to take up the cause for their side and thwart you at every opportunity. Just like the good ole days.
11/14/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Gorwarth
<span class="truncated">...</span>

We will be streaming.

It will be a PvP server.

Good luck to you... I just hope an alliance guild also forms to take up the cause for their side and thwart you at every opportunity. Just like the good ole days.

They aren't bout' that life.

https://www.exploitedgaming.com/charter
Makes me wonder if cross realm realid raiding will be kept in since they're using 7.3.5 client.
11/14/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Tankidrood
Makes me wonder if cross realm realid raiding will be kept in since they're using 7.3.5 client.

#nochanges

Game will be dead on arrival if you add some casual trash like that.
The only way this will be possible is if you can get enough guild members to go without sleep for a week straight. You'll also have to be playing almost continuously from leveling, to running dungeons for gear, then straight to MC.

Otherwise it's impossible. If you played non-stop for 18 hours every day, it will take 6.5 actual days (not days played) to get to 60. That's not enough time for running dungeons for gear, and you can't beat MC in greens. Healers will run out of mana.

Also, don't forget you won't have any gold and everything will be extremely expensive. So there won't be any decent gear, consumables, or enchants available week 1. You won't even be able to afford the level 40 mount week 1 if you're non-stop grinding xp.

Good luck though!