Blizzard killing xmog runs?

General Discussion
Hello,

Please tell me who is going to go back next expansion for Uldir Mythic to farm the sets?

Some weapons are cool, but the sets are awful...

Heck I even saw the next tier sets in 8.1 they look as bad as Uldir.. almost every single set looks like a random green gear that you buy from the AH.

What is happening?
I don't really like the Uldir sets.. but I don't like the early Legion xmogs either.

They didn't get good until Antorus and Tomb.
10/18/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Snowfox
I don't really like the Uldir sets.. but I don't like the early Legion xmogs either.

I was a big fan of the warlock tier. Mage was alright too.

That said, now we don't have any class sets. So there's not even an opportunity for a set to look bad, let alone good.
A true mog collector will farm everything my friend. It would be cool to have class set again in the next tiers.

Some nighthold set were bloody gorgeous my little fox.
But forgoing individual sets allowed them to focus on azertie traits, which is obviously a good thing, right?

Guys?...Guys?
Uldir and 8.1 raid are G A R B A G E.
10/18/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Fleb
A true mog collector will farm everything my friend.

this. the fun of mogging is not just wearing a set, but putting together pieces to create your own look.
TBH I’m still waiting for them to make prior expansion mog runs more accessible. The “current content” argument makes no sense because it holds no value to players at 120 aside from tmog, so it’s definitively not “current”.

All prior-expansion dungeons should have legacy loot rules and player damage boost when you reach max level. Also, please fix HFC’s first boss to be soloable
10/18/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Edisbelee
but the sets are awful...

How armor pieces look is purely a subjective opinion.
Each player will have their own opinion.
Just because you don't like them does not mean others will not.
Uldir is....boring and pretty ugly in normal. Heroic and LFR are ok. Mythic is decent as well (except mail >.>). The next set is awesome though and so is the next horde warfront. I actually like the current WF one as well on both alliance and horde >.> brings back memories of warcraft RTS's
I don't see the lack of class raid sets as an issue. It frees Blizzard up to make things like heritage armor and new warfront sets that can have themes other than the same ol' classes we've been playing since vanilla. That cool cloth Forsaken apothecary set is much more refreshing than getting like, yet another dark colored DK class set with skulls and a helmet with a scary face on it.
10/18/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Aarschott
How armor pieces look is purely a subjective opinion.
Each player will have their own opinion.
Just because you don't like them does not mean others will not.

Pretty sure if you do a poll..

You will see 10% liking the Uldir sets and 90% doesn't.

I hate to bring asmongold in this.. but he has like 20k average viewers .. and he did a poll almost every single one of them agreed that the sets are bad.

I know you like them that's good. but the reality they are bad.

Strongly disagree. Just about every set in Legion was great, IMHO. First tier Paladin and Druid in particular.
10/18/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Edisbelee
Hello,

Please tell me who is going to go back next expansion for Uldir Mythic to farm the sets?

Some weapons are cool, but the sets are awful...

Heck I even saw the next tier sets in 8.1 they look as bad as Uldir.. almost every single set looks like a random green gear that you buy from the AH.

What is happening?

No one will be going back next expansion to Uldir because tmog runs now require you to be +11 levels higher than the content.
10/18/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Shadethistle

Strongly disagree. Just about every set in Legion was great, IMHO. First tier Paladin and Druid in particular.

Eh.. I've looked at every set at every tier for priests.

The mythic Antorus and mythic Tomb priest sets are far and away better than the rest.

Right now we only have Uldir - but we should expect later content to have better xmogs, that's usually how it goes. The later tier stuff is usually better than earlier.
10/18/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Sinelus
Uldir and 8.1 raid are G A R B A G E.

But your mog is g a r b a g e too, so...Hmm.

PS, this is not critique, but for my own information...Shouldn't that 370 glaive be in your main hand for more damage?
Some of the pieces are nice even if I don't care for the entire sets. The big draw is that I can get armor that is actually 3D and not painted on.

Like the plate set is pretty solid aside from the boots/shoulders/helm. The mask isn't my thing, shoulders have those studs I don't care for, new plate boots are always comically oversized. Chest also clips through tabards though so I use something else, but it's not terrible.

Even the cloth armor has some nice bits like the gloves, which have a 3d metal gauntlet look to them for a sort of battle mage mog.

Have the normal plate right now and it has an ok "bronze" feel to it when mixed with other armor, though I mostly want to get the heroic one for iron/silver look.

Also hoping for Voror, that 2h sword on normal with the yellow glow because it looks pretty awesome.
I think tier sets will make a comeback next expansion
Im an old tier farmer. Even if I dont farm the transmog, there is almost always a weapon I would like. Also, just to run the content solo. But we have 4 years or at least 2 before we do that.
I like the LFR and Heroic plate set colorations, but the brass/copper versions are hideous. Aside from the big shoulder nubs, it gives me a gladiator-esque vibe. Who knows, maybe I'm just content to have gear that doesn't make me look like a walking Hot Topic ad.