Progression is terrible for weekenders

Battlegrounds
I like doing RBGs. I play 1 night a week, but I'll do ~20 BGs in that night. Progression is pretty much nil when you get 8 conq per win. I've been playing for weeks and I haven't hit conq on either of my toons.

I understand and fully accept slow gearing for my play style. This is too slow though. I've never played an MMO where playing a lot in a short time was as heavily punished. Coming from SWToR you could at least knock out the weekly and daily and get decent rewards for your night. Here you walk away with almost nothing.
Blizzard hates people with jobs and RL commitments and responsibilities. Can't be any other explanation other than pure stupidity.
It would be great if Blizzard at least changed it to the first seven wins in a week, instead of daily. Or just had both.
Another reason vendors are superior, allows incrementally saving currency for situations like this. I don't think there's a single argument where you can say currency/vendors are bad, and I don't really believe Blizzard couldn't time gate currency to match the current system, considering they had caps before.
10/19/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Vanazar
Blizzard hates people with jobs and RL commitments and responsibilities. Can't be any other explanation other than pure stupidity.

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

I strongly suspect that the problem here is that Blizzard's statistics don't distinguish between people who choose to play only on weekends due to schedular constraints, and people who are losing interest in the game and playing only on weekends instead of every day. Since people usually start losing interest before they cancel their subscriptions, Blizzard incorrectly assumes that people who play daily won't ever cancel their subscriptions, and puts in incentives for people to play daily.

Better would be to make it enjoyable to play only on weekends as well, since ignoring those people just encourages them to unsubscribe even if they wouldn't have otherwise.

The only issue I see with making it the first 7 wins per week is that more avid players would cap Tuesday night, then have nothing to do the rest of the week. I think it would be better to redistribute some of the first win bonus to the first win of the week; thus instead of the first win per day being 40 Conquest, maybe the first win per week would be 80 Conquest, the first win per day after that would be 30 Conquest, and after that 8 conquest per win. For epics, it would be 120 for the first of the week, 50 for the first per day after that, and after that 15 per win. You could still cap by winning 1 random and 1 epic each day for 5 days, but if you won your 5 randoms and 5 epics all in one night, you'd get 349 Conquest instead of 197 Conquest, a more reasonable rate of gearing for someone who does just as much work but does it all in one day.
You don’t have to cap in one week. If you don’t hit your cap, it’s continued the following week without punishment like cp being taken away.
10/20/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Jugajr
You don’t have to cap in one week. If you don’t hit your cap, it’s continued the following week without punishment like cp being taken away.

If you can't finish the cap in one week what makes you think you can finish two the next week? Logic? Eventually, it will just keep stacking up and the person will be several weeks behind.

And what happens when the queued gear shifts from 355 to 370?
It seems to me that what Blizzard is really after with their casual players, both in pve and pvp, is not only to have them log on every day, but to only log on for a little while.

In pvp, once you win your first epic and first reg random, you are sort of spinning your wheels to continue. In pve, once you have done your hour or so worth of world quests, you are sort of spinning your wheels to stay logged on.

This way they get the best of both worlds. They get us logging in every single day, because if we don't , we feel like we will fall too far behind, but at the same time, it eases up strain on the servers when people only log in for a little while.

I don't believe it is either incompetence or oversight on their part, it is simply a method to keep help with their time played metric while easing strain on the servers. They are past the point of caring how much fun it is for us, so long as they meet those numbers.