New kill command trait on a surv hunter.

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
10/24/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Stripendella
10/23/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Jinn
I don't foresee any reversion to thay because the current spec seems very popular.
A lot of the reason it became melee was for some kind of spec diversity and feel. I can see it be revised again but only in ways that further separate it from its BM similarities and not in ways that make it similar to how it played pre legion i.e. in ways that would still not satisfy people asking for ranged SV.

Granted I enjoy melee SV over the ranged iteration (legion >BFA btw), why do people keep using this "spec diversity crap. I'd prefer is more specs across classes were similar to each other and then each SPECIALIZATION focused on something within the class.

Also before it gets brought up like it always does, ranged SV and MM were not the same thing.
it's also brought people to the Class.

Lost more than gained though!

10/24/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Whim
To keep up that Hunters want to be ranged when it's doing better than one of our Ranged Specs is also disingenuous.

No it isn't. Hunter is the only ranged weapon class available. Fantasy option now limited to 2 completely opposing themes. 12 other melee DPS varieties to choose from if you want to be melee. Including several that typically always outperform any Hunter spec because of Hunter stigma.

Hunter players who want to play a ranged class have exactly zero care for what numbers Survival is pulling because if they had wanted to be melee, they would have gone Warrior, Rogue, DK, Paladin, Monk, etc.

Sans this guy, all of my current characters are now melee because neither of the remaining 2 shooter specs appeals to me because 1's fantasy is off putting and it totally lacks "oomph" while the other's mechanics are just plain terrible. And this guy isn't going any higher. Monk: DPS and Tank, DH: DPS and Tank, Warrior: DPS and Tank. Hunter: 3 meh DPS because of Blizzard trying to build new class fantasies around specializations and devoting tons of effort trying to make a melee hunter "good".
10/25/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Pricefield
Granted I enjoy melee SV over the ranged iteration (legion >BFA btw), why do people keep using this "spec diversity crap. I'd prefer is more specs across classes were similar to each other and then each SPECIALIZATION focused on something within the class.

Also before it gets brought up like it always does, ranged SV and MM were not the same thing.
When blizz announced its changes to the hunter specs they stated their design philosophy was to make it so that all specs felt drastically different.

Hunters before the change shared a lot of similar rotational abilities like steady/cobra shot, the same talents and even all had kill shot.

While I'm not saying this was a problem I am saying that it was a thing that existed.

Blizz did state in BFA that they wen't overboard in this line of thinking and wanted to make hunters feel like hunter across all specs which is a step in the right direction but *imo* they took a little bit too much from bm in SVs design and should pull that back a bit for a few abilities.

I don't think Sv should be as dependent on its pet that it is currently. You can't even use your offensive cd without your pet being present. But we'll see where they decide to take it next.
10/25/2018 07:18 AMPosted by Cognyack
Lost more than gained though!
We quit losing over it a while ago, but we are still gaining because of it.

No it isn't. Hunter is the only ranged weapon class available. Fantasy option now limited to 2 completely opposing themes. 12 other melee DPS varieties to choose from if you want to be melee. Including several that typically always outperform any Hunter spec because of Hunter stigma.
Yes it is. You are just repeating the same thing that's pretty tired and old. Just because there are two dagger specs, it doesn't make Combat/Outlaw any less for being a different type of weapon. The fantasy behind SV before Legion was just as different as the other two. And the outperforming has little to do with the Hunter Stigma and more to do with how little the Developers give the Class.

Hunter players who want to play a ranged class have exactly zero care for what numbers Survival is pulling because if they had wanted to be melee, they would have gone Warrior, Rogue, DK, Paladin, Monk, etc.
What about the Hunters who want to play a melee Pet Class? Why be so dismissive of them? Unholy is a far, far cry from it.

Sans this guy, all of my current characters are now melee because neither of the remaining 2 shooter specs appeals to me because 1's fantasy is off putting and it totally lacks "oomph" while the other's mechanics are just plain terrible. And this guy isn't going any higher. Monk: DPS and Tank, DH: DPS and Tank, Warrior: DPS and Tank. Hunter: 3 meh DPS because of Blizzard trying to build new class fantasies around specializations and devoting tons of effort trying to make a melee hunter "good".
I tend to go with Druid/Pally/DK, all because of tanking and Pally/Shaman for Healing. I have one Rogue over 110, and that is more of a whim than my actually wanting to play a rogue. For the most part, I want to help other people by fulfilling a need, hence the hybrids. Melee SV goes, there a good chance that I will too. Right now, Melee Hunter is good. It is our current best Spec. Just because you don't want to play it, doesn't make it so.

10/25/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Stripendella
Hunters before the change shared a lot of similar rotational abilities like steady/cobra shot, the same talents and even all had kill shot.
You know when I say this, I get called a liar.
Melee players who want a pet class can play unholy
10/25/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
No.
10/25/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Whim
No.

Uh yes they can.

Not everyone wants likes the edgy goth motif that DKs have going on, so nah. I'll stick with a proper ranger.
10/25/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
10/25/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Whim
...No.

Uh yes they can.
No, go play a Warlock if you want to be Ranged.
10/25/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Arctos

Not everyone wants likes the edgy goth motif that DKs have going on, so nah. I'll stick with a proper ranger.

That's nitpicking. Melee pet class already existed.

Creating survival caused the Archer class (actual rangers) to die in this game.
10/25/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Whim
10/25/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Mofuggaz

Uh yes they can.
No, go play a Warlock if you want to be Ranged.

Warlock are a caster.
10/25/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
10/25/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Whim
...No, go play a Warlock if you want to be Ranged.

Warlock are a caster.
Don't care, they are ranged. Go play one to be ranged.
10/25/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
10/25/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Arctos

Kind of like how half the rangers in the game have swords? The first ranger, the one that most are modeled after used a sword the most.
10/25/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Whim
10/25/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Mofuggaz

Kind of like how half the rangers in the game have swords? The first ranger, the one that most are modeled after used a sword the most.

Which ranger used a giant 2 handed polarm again?

It doesn't even make sense somehow it uses a 2 hander and a crossbow at the same time.
10/25/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Whim
10/25/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Mofuggaz

Warlock are a caster.
Don't care, they are ranged. Go play one to be ranged.

Archer=/=caster

Melee pet class= melee pet class
10/25/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
10/25/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Whim
...Don't care, they are ranged. Go play one to be ranged.

Archer=/=caster

Melee pet class= melee pet class
Warlock=ranged with a pet.
BM and MM are ranged with a pet. Play a Warlock.
I came from DK because survival is way more fun than UH or frost right now, its also more fun than most specs right now.
10/25/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Oakttg
I came from DK because survival is way more fun than UH or frost right now, its also more fun than most specs right now.

By fun of course you mean better.

If these changes on ptr make unholy unkillable you'll be right back on your DK.
Jesus Christ...

A full year later and Bepples is still writing novels on the forums about how salty he is they took away Survival Hunter.

Bro, just move on...it’s getting pathetic at this point.

Love always, a survival hunter loving melee survival.
Taking away ranged survival was never an issue for me. Taking away development time for the class as a whole to perpetually redesign a spec that should have never existed is what makes salty