LFR - Lets talk compromise.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Ok, so LFR has been a hot topic for quite some time now. Both sides arguing back and forth both claiming that their way is the only way to look at things. I believe there needs to be a compromise between the two sides on what can/should be done with LFR. Lets address both sides.

One side claims LFR is toxic and destroys the community system of the game, making the game more and more single player oriented rather than being a community game like most MMORPG’s. To an extent this is true, but at the same time I don’t think anyone wants to go back to the days of only the top elite of any server being the only ones to see the end game raids.

On the other side people claim that LFR is fine and gives all players a chance to see the raid and the story. Which is also fine to an extent. It also gives people with limited play time the ability to do the raids without a lot of stress and gives them the ability to get loot from those raids.

Now onto trying to compromise between the two camps. First off one of the big issues with LFR is that it goes against the community feeling in the game. Which comes to my first idea. First we change LFR to include people from the same servers. Keep the server communities together and build that server comradery that we had years ago in this game. Now some will say what about low population servers? They may not have the people to support this. This I would put to the devs to begin looking at merging smaller population servers, at least to where they would become at the minimum a medium population server. This would alleviate the low population issue while allowing guilds a larger pool to recruit from if they want to focus on progression. Let’s face it we don’t have the playerbase we had back in WotLK, so merging smaller servers may actually be a bit healthy for the game, and allow for people to make more friends/relationships with new people they may have not met otherwise.

Doing this would also allow for servers to rebuild and lower the toxicity in the raids. If someone on your server is being toxic and rude in a raid then you know who that person is and you can avoid them later if you wish. Also there would be accountability for ones actions in these situations as if you act like a troll people on the server will find out quickly.

Next I would say to reign in the ilvl jumps with LFR. Taking SoD in 8.1 as an example, LFR will be awarding loot equal to heroic mode Uldir. Tone back the ilvl on LFR difficulty back down to normal mode Uldir. Making each difficulty award loot that is equal to one step up from the previous raid. So SoD LFR would equal normal Uldir. Normal SoD would equal Heroic Uldir and Heroic SoD would equal Mythic Uldir and so on. This allows for Uldir to remain relevant after the release of 8.1

Many may say well I only do LFR but I want the better gear, my question to that would be, why? If your only doing LFR raids then why would you need heroic Uldir level gear? Your still getting an upgrade from current LFR so your still seeing a power jump. I’m honestly curious here if anyone would have an issue please elaborate so we can discuss it.

This would allow for guilds that are raid progression guilds to continue with progression raiding while keeping past raids relevant if a new one pops out. As things stand once SoD comes out then Uldir will be pointless for anyone who isn’t a mythic raider. As LFR awarding loot equal to heroic Uldir why would anyone want to go back to Uldir when they could just run LFR and get the same/better gear.
I made this thread so we can have an actual discussion about this issue, So if you disagree please explain your thoughts on it and what we could do differently to help appease all members of the playerbase.
LFR is fine. Nothing needs to change. People will be people. If things like LFR bother you, you may need psych medication.
there is no compromise. its not going anywhere no matter how much of a tantrum the elitist wannabe doofuses stamp their little feet and cry like little babies
10/20/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Gormosh
LFR is fine. Nothing needs to change. People will be people. If things like LFR bother you, you may need psych medication.

10/20/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Talee
there is no compromise. its not going anywhere no matter how much of a tantrum the elitist wannabe doofuses stamp their little feet and cry like little babies

If you have nothing constructive to add, since you obviously did not read the post then who is the one that is really upset here? This was written to be a constructive discussion, if you have nothing to actually contribute then please refrain from posting.
10/20/2018 10:34 PMPosted by Freyia
10/20/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Gormosh

10/20/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Talee

If you have nothing constructive to add, since you obviously did not read the post then who is the one that is really upset here? This was written to be a constructive discussion, if you have nothing to actually contribute then please refrain from posting.

Not agreeing with you is not the same thing as not being constructive.
What is to compromise? Leave it how it is.
10/20/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Gormosh

Not agreeing with you is not the same thing as not being constructive.

Your the one telling people that if they don't believe what you do that they belong on medication. So yes that is jsut being ignorant, since once again you didn't actually read the post. I've actually advocated for LFR to stay. But please continue to insult people just for thinking differently than you.
LFR is fine. I do not see it as a "toxic" place. Yes every now and then I run into a few toxic players, but whatever, they are mythic raiders, I could care less to be honest because of one thing and one thing only, they never bother to take charge till !@#$ hits the fan. But even if the PUG LFR wipes, they usually leave the group anyways.

It's fine when learning the mechanics on fresh characters, but if you go in with super geared characters, it is 100% easy. However that trash around Zul is another story and Find it hilarious.
I think the problem with lfr is people. They seem to think and believe it their given right to control other people in game by enforcing their views. it a basic power trip. They want the power and they want to use this power to make other conform to their will. basically they bunch of cultist trying to make other like them. Thus, they want us to pay for their entertainment and fun and yet not let us have same fun as them. At least that how I see it.
The compromise is this:

Don't do it if you don't like it.

If you are in a raid team that for some weird reason "requires" you to do LFR (which the first wing comes out like a month after the raids been out on normal), find a different group. If your raid group is "forcing" you to run LFR: they're a bunch of baddies.

If you can't handle LFR because people die? You shouldn't be doing group content, cause you're gonna die a lot more in a progression group.

If you can't handle the dps people are doing in LFR? Guess what? You're over geared for LFR then. LFR has various types of gear disparities because it's not you getting to pick and choose.

Don't like LFR? Go form your own group.

Don't like LFR giving purple gear? Get over it. Go run your normals and above and get higher ilvl gear.

Basically, everyone leave everyone elses content alone.

Quite frankly, LFR has been in the game since Cataclysm. Get over it. It's not going away and it shouldn't.
10/20/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Freyia
Ok, so LFR has been a hot topic for quite some time now. Both sides arguing back and forth both claiming that their way is the only way to look at things. I believe there needs to be a compromise between the two sides on what can/should be done with LFR. Lets address both sides.

One side claims LFR is toxic and destroys the community system of the game, making the game more and more single player oriented rather than being a community game like most MMORPG’s. To an extent this is true, but at the same time I don’t think anyone wants to go back to the days of only the top elite of any server being the only ones to see the end game raids.

On the other side people claim that LFR is fine and gives all players a chance to see the raid and the story. Which is also fine to an extent. It also gives people with limited play time the ability to do the raids without a lot of stress and gives them the ability to get loot from those raids.

Now onto trying to compromise between the two camps. First off one of the big issues with LFR is that it goes against the community feeling in the game. Which comes to my first idea. First we change LFR to include people from the same servers. Keep the server communities together and build that server comradery that we had years ago in this game. Now some will say what about low population servers? They may not have the people to support this. This I would put to the devs to begin looking at merging smaller population servers, at least to where they would become at the minimum a medium population server. This would alleviate the low population issue while allowing guilds a larger pool to recruit from if they want to focus on progression. Let’s face it we don’t have the playerbase we had back in WotLK, so merging smaller servers may actually be a bit healthy for the game, and allow for people to make more friends/relationships with new people they may have not met otherwise.

Doing this would also allow for servers to rebuild and lower the toxicity in the raids. If someone on your server is being toxic and rude in a raid then you know who that person is and you can avoid them later if you wish. Also there would be accountability for ones actions in these situations as if you act like a troll people on the server will find out quickly.

Next I would say to reign in the ilvl jumps with LFR. Taking SoD in 8.1 as an example, LFR will be awarding loot equal to heroic mode Uldir. Tone back the ilvl on LFR difficulty back down to normal mode Uldir. Making each difficulty award loot that is equal to one step up from the previous raid. So SoD LFR would equal normal Uldir. Normal SoD would equal Heroic Uldir and Heroic SoD would equal Mythic Uldir and so on. This allows for Uldir to remain relevant after the release of 8.1

Many may say well I only do LFR but I want the better gear, my question to that would be, why? If your only doing LFR raids then why would you need heroic Uldir level gear? Your still getting an upgrade from current LFR so your still seeing a power jump. I’m honestly curious here if anyone would have an issue please elaborate so we can discuss it.

This would allow for guilds that are raid progression guilds to continue with progression raiding while keeping past raids relevant if a new one pops out. As things stand once SoD comes out then Uldir will be pointless for anyone who isn’t a mythic raider. As LFR awarding loot equal to heroic Uldir why would anyone want to go back to Uldir when they could just run LFR and get the same/better gear.

Burn it to the ground, along with all the moronic, antisocial subs money dependent on it.
LFR is fine the way it is. All complaints against it simply boil down to gatekeeping.
It's a good post, and a well-written OP. But I will concur with previous posters; nothing needs to change. The folks against it will simply have to get over it. They are delusional to think removing LFR will return WoW to the former glory of 12mil sub Wrath of the Lich King.
This was written to be a constructive discussion, if you have nothing to actually contribute then please refrain from posting.

There's no discussion. LFR is in the game, Blizzard put it in there for a reason - good reasons - and it will continue be a feature. Nothing we say for or against it on the forums will change that fact.

Let it go.
10/20/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Freyia
I made this thread so we can have an actual discussion about this issue, So if you disagree please explain your thoughts on it and what we could do differently to help appease all members of the playerbase.

There is nothing to compromise on. LFR exists and people like it. The compromise is you accepting it and moving on to other topics. There is no problem with it, it does what it is intended to do.
So you want to limit LFR to mega-servers with a promise you can't keep that maybe a few expansions from now the plethora of low pop servers would be dealt with.

And you want to make gear so crappy that people will have no incentive to run LFR whatever.

Both of these changes will reduce participation to the point where you will have effectively removed LFR for almost all players. So why should they continue to pay for your raid development? Why do you deserve that?
LFR is what funds the creation of the Mythic raids.

Kill LFR, you kill Mythic raids.
10/20/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Twibiju
The compromise is this:

Don't do it if you don't like it.

If you are in a raid team that for some weird reason "requires" you to do LFR (which the first wing comes out like a month after the raids been out on normal), find a different group. If your raid group is "forcing" you to run LFR: they're a bunch of baddies.

If you can't handle LFR because people die? You shouldn't be doing group content, cause you're gonna die a lot more in a progression group.

If you can't handle the dps people are doing in LFR? Guess what? You're over geared for LFR then. LFR has various types of gear disparities because it's not you getting to pick and choose.

Don't like LFR? Go form your own group.

Don't like LFR giving purple gear? Get over it. Go run your normals and above and get higher ilvl gear.

Basically, everyone leave everyone elses content alone.

Quite frankly, LFR has been in the game since Cataclysm. Get over it. It's not going away and it shouldn't.

10/20/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Harkarden
LFR is fine the way it is. All complaints against it simply boil down to gatekeeping.

And these are the reason I made this post. Your response is simply, Get over it. Which is the same reason you claim to be upset with people who say we should get rid of it. They say get rid of it and if you dont like that get over it. You claim its here so get over it. Thats not constructive at all. Again if you read the post, you'd see i'm not saying it should be removed, I merely suggested changes to make LFR healthier for the game and make the community better. If your against a better community then I dont know what to tell you.