LFR - Lets talk compromise.

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
Won't this debate come to an end when classic launches. If classic overtakes retail, then LFR is bad. If classic dies in a year or less, then LFR is good.
10/21/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Dylana
’m prepared to make mythic not titanforge at all to be honest.

Sorry, no.

Since the vast majority of players are doing LFR and only LFR, it's only fair that the entirety of Raiders get to deal with any diminishing of Titanforging.

Otherwise, you're just asking for a nerf to LFR players.
10/21/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Infernastorm
10/21/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Dylana
Diminishing titanforging wouldn’t be diminishing much and would be a compromise that makes sense for the overall health of the game.

That's not how compromises work. Taking from one and leaving the other the same is not a compromise.

If you want to lower the Titanforging cap on LFR, then you should be prepared to have the Titanforging cap on Normal/Heroic/Mythic be lowered by the same amount.

That's a compromise.

I really feel like they should remove titanforging from all things. More RNG to make you feel like gear that doesn't titanforge is subpar. RNG to get the loot to drop, then RNG for several tiers of titan/warforging, RNG for sockets, etc.

Enough. Stahp.
*puts up billboard that reads LFR EXISTS TO JUSTIFY THE EXPENSE OF RAID DEVELOPMENT*

There, now I don't have to repeat it every damn time someone talks about anything that remotely resembles a GET RID OF LFR thread.

*puts up another sign that reads WARFORGING AND TITANFORGING WAS INTRODUCED TO MAKE FARMING MORE WORTHWHILE FOR RAID GUILDS*

Stop picking on LFR for a system that wasn't introduced for them.
That's not how compromises work. Taking from one and leaving the other the same is not a compromise.
yeah, that seems to be a point a LOT around here dont seem to get.
If either side isnt changed, its not a compromise.
Its one side getting exactly what they wanted and the other side caving.
I've had good experiences with players in lfr, it's been far from anti social for me, on the bosses with pug busting mecs some real leaders come out as well as joking around after a wipe, general commiseration and such. I think it's because people are more relaxed, less worried about their performance in a "real" raid group. And yeah this might lead to more toxicity, but toxicity from randoms mean nothing. Toxicity from a guild you thought you could trust on the other hand... Id take a 1000 players screaming baddie in chat than one bout of guild drama.
10/21/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Zirà
10/21/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Nyhlia
That didn't prove your point. It just proves that you'll call things toxic that aren't actually toxic because you confuse the definition of the word to mean 'doesn't agree with me'. Seems besides your shared bias you also share with the OP an issue with definitions of words.

Here is an interesting thought experiment.

Which side of the fence am I on?

You want to gut LFR for its current target audience and turn it into a loot pinata for transmog-hunting leet raiders, while calling it a "compromise".

You tell me which side of the fence you are on.
10/21/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Kooka

If you want to lower the Titanforging cap on LFR, then you should be prepared to have the Titanforging cap on Normal/Heroic/Mythic be lowered by the same amount.

That's a compromise.

I really feel like they should remove titanforging from all things. More RNG to make you feel like gear that doesn't titanforge is subpar. RNG to get the loot to drop, then RNG for several tiers of titan/warforging, RNG for sockets, etc.

Enough. Stahp.

Removing WF/TF (or at least TF) would solve a lot of problems, imo. Less RNG (not no RNG, just less than there is now) would be nice.
10/21/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Kooka

That's a compromise.

Enough. Stahp.

Hopefully we will get badge system again. At the end of day that’s what root of the problem is. People getting lucky in LFR and getting a high piece a gear vs a guy who’s cleared a boss 5x and hasn’t gotten that certain item. Just vendor it out. Rng at this point in wows life cycle is dubious and just not fun.
10/21/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Kirkwood
I don’t know why people even discuss this.

[/quote]

[quote]
I have an aunt that no one in my family really can stand to be around for long.
She ended up getting diabetes some time back and had to have her lower leg amputated.
So Im over there, bringing her gifts and goodies, thinking we were doing ok.
Turns out that behind my back she was saying horrible things about me and my grandson because his father is a black man (Im white, my family is white, but I and others have dated blacks over the years and she hates us for it, I guess).

She is the most miserable, hateful, mean spirited person Ive ever had the misfortune of knowing in my life. Nothing is safe from her derision and spite.

So why bash LFR when its not really a problem?
Because one can.

Out of curiosity; you said the kids dad is a black guy. Are the parents married and living together?
10/21/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Odinmar

Removing WF/TF (or at least TF) would solve a lot of problems, imo. Less RNG (not no RNG, just less than there is now) would be nice.

Yeah, I am more than fine with RNG on which pieces drop each week, but then to add several layers of RNG on top of that is just too much.
10/21/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Infernastorm
10/21/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Panoptes
The effort that you put on running that more difficult content is rewarded by guaranteeing a minimum ilvl on any piece that you get on your run.

And better looking gear. And more crafting mats. And exclusive mounts and titles.

You mean the exclusive mount that's only exclusive for clearing Heroic? And the title and gear that's up for grabs after the raid becomes obsolete?
Blizzard slowly coming around to a complete badage system , they took it out because of content droughts and people not logging in , now they have bigger issue people not getting anything or the same item or worst item then they had before and just straight up quitting. The azeirte currency coming out it proof of that.
10/21/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Kirkwood

I have an aunt that no one in my family really can stand to be around for long.
She ended up getting diabetes some time back and had to have her lower leg amputated.
So Im over there, bringing her gifts and goodies, thinking we were doing ok.
Turns out that behind my back she was saying horrible things about me and my grandson because his father is a black man (Im white, my family is white, but I and others have dated blacks over the years and she hates us for it, I guess).

She is the most miserable, hateful, mean spirited person Ive ever had the misfortune of knowing in my life. Nothing is safe from her derision and spite.

So why bash LFR when its not really a problem?
Because one can.

Out of curiosity; you said the kids dad is a black guy. Are the parents married and living together?

Ugh you shouldve just asked if the women get spade tattoos get outta here
As a casual player, I feel like since LFR there's been a lot less choice as far as casual guilds go - most guilds seem to be at least a little bit serious. It's a bit of a shame, 'cause I really hate the idea of playing with random people. Oh well.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Ugh you shouldve just asked if the women get spade tattoos get outta here

I would’ve guessed animal prints on their thigh, but spades are a possibility.
Meh.

I don't know why people get so riled up about LFR. When I am bored sometimes I venture into it to see what the new raids look and it's mostly fun to be there. However, if they got rid of it I would just shrug and move on. I don't think I am part of the majority however. I think most people would really lament the loss of it, and just because it's no skin off my back, doesn't mean I wan't those people to suffer.

I know, I know... community is a thing and welfare loot is embarrassing all around. But really you can't put the egg back in the shell and even if you did get rid of LFR, CRZ and LFG would still be there for the other difficulty levels.

Unless Blizzard ever releases pristine servers like they once suggested as an alternative to classic WoW (closed communities without any cross server QoL features) there is really nothing else to say about it.
Compromise?

Every time I see the word compromise along side WOW I cannot help but translate that to

Pathfinder.

Not compromise, giving someone (sometimes bliz) what they want when it isn't what the player base wants.

So compromise?

No, not no, but absolutely no.
10/21/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Maenyc
Compromise?

Every time I see the word compromise along side WOW I cannot help but translate that to

Pathfinder.

Not compromise, giving someone (sometimes bliz) what they want when it isn't what the player base wants.

So compromise?

No, not no, but absolutely no.

To be fair, Pathfinder was Blizzard's compromise.

Their initial position was: no more flight ever.

Many people's initial response to that was: no more sub ever.

So the compromise on their part was: Pathfinder = flight after hoop jumping.

Blizzard didn't get what it wanted; flyers didn't get what they wanted. It was enough of a compromise for most.
10/21/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Fedandalrian
10/21/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Truko
The only people that are bothered by LFR are "Raiders" who no longer feel special

Shouldn't raiding feel special. Shouldn't raiding be an achievement. Shouldn't there be at least some content in the game that is exclusive the best of players. Mythic is just a reskin of LFR. Like mounts, a reskin may look cool, but someone can get another version in an easier way.

You get an achievement and a title to boast around.