LFR - Lets talk compromise.

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
10/20/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Freyia
And these are the reason I made this post. Your response is simply, Get over it.

Its been about 6 years and current lfr is nothing compared to cata lfr cause players like yourself can't control their gearing habits

You also owe the existent of pl due to ppl abusing nbg structure on lfr which has taken over ML this expansion again due to players not able to control their gearing habits

You know what i believe the solution is?? players need to control their behavior and their habits or otherwise need to get over it.
10/21/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Jalen
10/21/2018 12:05 PMPosted by Lemres

You get an achievement and a title to boast around.

An achievement that nobody will check, and a title that is up for grabs after the raid becomes obsolete.

But as long as it's current, you can boast about it.
10/21/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Lemres
10/21/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Jalen

An achievement that nobody will check, and a title that is up for grabs after the raid becomes obsolete.

Except not really. Getting a box in the achievement tab that says "You did it" isn't fulfilling. Knowing all the hard work that you went through for cosmetics is now up for grabs is a system that needs to change in my opinion. Keep the gear and stuff but there should be something exclusive for completing a Mythic Raid.
No compromise is needed.

Don't do LFR if you don't like it.
10/20/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Snowfox
LFR is what funds the creation of the Mythic raids.

Kill LFR, you kill Mythic raids.
who is proposing lfr be killed? Certainly not OP? Why are all these people against discussion. Why are they so fragile?
10/21/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Paeldryth
No compromise is needed.

Don't do LFR if you don't like it.

Yet people cry about not being invited to mythic group even though their gear is good. IO is literally a priority now because of the fact that having good gear doesn't mean anything anymore.

My only issue with LFR is the fact that you can get the normal achievements for it even though you're not actually doing normal. In fact, LFR is hands down the easiest content in the game. I did Zekvoz and literally stood still, ate all the dmg, dropped eye in the group and never lost any HP.

When im bored or want to browse reddit or something, I just /follow another caster and down every single boss without doing dmg.

Yes I've cleared LFR for many expansions doing this. It's just free augments and chance at stupidly upgraded gear.

The rewards do not match the effort put in and that's the issue.
Then some....Keyword SOME people get mad that their free gear doesn't get them a free ride through mythic+
What is there to compromise on? It is intended for the folks who its intended for. Same as normal, and above. They are intended for who it is intended for.

10/20/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Freyia
Ok, so LFR has been a hot topic
It is only a hot topic for the for the certain few who keep bringing it up on the forums. Everyone else could care less.
My thoughts on LFR:
It shouldn't completely remove boss mechanics that are in normal.
(mythrax adds anyone?)
It shouldn't reward you for failing. (determination.)

Lfr is normally 25 people carried by a tank, one maybe two healers, and a few dps that are there on alts or looking for a warforge/titanforge, which is contrary to every principal of raiding.

Must be one helluva of a tank.

Condescend much?

Certainly there are bad groups as well as good groups.. What do you expect out of 25 random people that may not have done the raid yet let alone with people
they haven't raided with?

These groups aren't like the guild raid groups who have played and worked together. People who know how one another plays.

I was in a LFR the other day and we had 3 Aotc people in there. They were helpful, and weren't rude or condescending. They helped and worked with those who didn't know what to do.

LFR needs to stay. No need of any compromises. What LFR people get gearwise isn't as good as what those in Normal or Heroic or Mythic. YOur gear doesn't have the LFR raid tag, that already points out that LFR people aren't as good as the rest of the "elite".

As many have said before, if you don't like it, Don't run LFR.

Leave it alone. Its' not like LFR people get anything from it, other than seeing content.
10/21/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Jalen
10/21/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Lemres

Except not really. Getting a box in the achievement tab that says "You did it" isn't fulfilling. Knowing all the hard work that you went through for cosmetics is now up for grabs is a system that needs to change in my opinion. Keep the gear and stuff but there should be something exclusive for completing a Mythic Raid.

There is. Exclusive gear models, mounts and achievements.

If that isn't enough for you nothing ever will be.
10/21/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Duckmanneo
I think LFR is fine. I can hop into LFR and get mythic ilvl gear, and progress through normal and heroic at a comfortable pace.

1 in a billion chance does not equal "can". It's actually equal to "can't".

10/21/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Kuranna
10/21/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Jalen

If that isn't enough for you nothing ever will be.

The ideas that elite players don't get enough exclusive content and free stuff and other players get too much is the backbone of elitism.
10/21/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Liara
Leave it alone. Its' not like LFR people get anything from it, other than seeing content.

Achievements and warforged/titanforged gear that can be on par with heroic gear?...
nah
LFR is the compromise.
10/20/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Freyia
Ok, so LFR has been a hot topic for quite some time now. Both sides arguing back and forth both claiming that their way is the only way to look at things.
The way I see it, these lfr players are like the orcs streaming out of Mordor in Lord of the Rings...

The only way we will stop them from ruining everything good and right in the world is if we put aside our petty differences and unite to drive those slobbering mangy masses back into the dark pits they spawned from, and then seal the black gate forever so they can never return!

One can not compromise with evil! Evil can only win when good men (and women) sit back and do nothing.
10/21/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Dylana
10/21/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Unsub
Blizzard may well cave in to the noisy minority that hates LFR, to their own detriment. They don't really seem to care much what happens anymore.
Same spurious argument for taking away "Titanforging", the perception of a few that someone is getting something better than them, sends them into an unreasoning rage.

Unreasoning rage eh? You're too emotional about getting high ilevel gear when you don't earn it. It's unhealthy long term for the game. You're ostracizing people who raid hard content. Gear is a reward, rewards should always be determined by the amount of effort you put into it. Prestige in gear creates standards, standards promote healthier communities. The examples of healthier communities that you benefit from are. wowhead, mmo-champion, creators of websites like icy-veins, noxxic, bloodmallet, warcraftlogs, askmrrobot. Large social media facets like twitch streamers, method. What do all of these things do? They supplement the game with free publicity and assistance.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for a compromise between the two, your all or nothing approach gets nowhere and will alienate communities. Sure the majority of players help fuel the game want LFR, but don't think for a second that the high end raiding community does any less.

You don’t get to say what we do or do not earn.

You’re awfully emotional about gear that other people get, considering it doesn’t affect you at all.

In a compromise, both sides give something up. This doesn’t affect you at all, so it’s not a compromise.
10/21/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Tyriellais
10/21/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Dylana

Unreasoning rage eh? You're too emotional about getting high ilevel gear when you don't earn it. It's unhealthy long term for the game. You're ostracizing people who raid hard content. Gear is a reward, rewards should always be determined by the amount of effort you put into it. Prestige in gear creates standards, standards promote healthier communities. The examples of healthier communities that you benefit from are. wowhead, mmo-champion, creators of websites like icy-veins, noxxic, bloodmallet, warcraftlogs, askmrrobot. Large social media facets like twitch streamers, method. What do all of these things do? They supplement the game with free publicity and assistance.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking for a compromise between the two, your all or nothing approach gets nowhere and will alienate communities. Sure the majority of players help fuel the game want LFR, but don't think for a second that the high end raiding community does any less.

You don’t get to say what we do or do not earn.

You’re awfully emotional about gear that other people get, considering it doesn’t affect you at all.

In a compromise, both sides give something up. This doesn’t affect you at all, so it’s not a compromise.

Fairness dictates what happens in the game, it's not about you or your rewards. It's about what's right for the game. If there's a system in place that undermines or devalues content then there's a problem. You keep insisting that it's the other parties problem. Start thinking outside the box outside your realm. Nothing about my solution hurts you or LFR as i am not asking for it's complete removal or the complete removal of WF/TF. It needs to be balanced to a point where it's fair. People who raid heroic, normal, and mythic don't directly get affected by you. But there's no denying that the current state of titan forging is causing a rift. It's not imaginary by any stretch just because you want to benefit to the highest amount without any effort. Effort means things to people, it's a moral value and standard.
Suffer pope!
It's about what's right for the game

LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

- http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2935-Challenge-Mode-Gear-Procs-Hotfixes-Dev-Interviews-Appear-Offline-Blue-Posts

I am yet to see an actual example of this

If there's a system in place that undermines or devalues content then there's a problem.

and this

But there's no denying that the current state of titan forging is causing a rift.

I dont see this fabled "rift" anywhere other than these forums.
10/21/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Kuranna

All achievable after the raid becomes obsolete. Except for Cutting Edge.