[A/H-Event] Breast Cancer Fundraiser

Wyrmrest Accord
Howdy, Wyrmrest Accord!

The Remnants of Hope will be hosting an event on Saturday, 11/3/2018 to support breast cancer awareness in our community and to raise funds for Stephanie McKinney - a brave fighter, who is forced to face the physical and financial hardships of fighting breast cancer. Our goal is to help Stephanie pay the bills while she's unable to work and waiting for assistance from other programs which often take several months to get people the assistance they need. For more information about Stephanie and her fight, please visit our GoFundMe page, here: https://www.gofundme.com/roh-breast-cancer-fundraiser

For our Fundraiser Event, we will be hosting a Timed Dungeon Run competition that includes three different Mythic dungeons: “The MOTHERLOAD!!”, “The Underrot” and “Temple of Sethraliss”. Teams of players will race to complete each of these dungeons as quickly as they can and the team with the lowest total Completion Time will be crowned as Champions and receive the Grand Prize of 5 WoW Tokens plus 50% of the Jackpot Prize Money!

The Event will begin sharply at 6:00pm EDT on Saturday 11/3/2018. Teams will need to Register in the week leading up to the Event then check back on Friday for their scheduled Start Time. All teams must check-in on Saturday between 5:00pm EDt and 5:45pm EDT to help ensure they will be ready to roll when it's their turn to start and to help keep the event moving as quickly and as smoothly as possible. We know it's BlizzCon so it's our goal with the scheduling to help balance creating an awesome event for all of you while letting everyone maximize their time watching the BlizzCon Events.

If you think you and your friends have what it takes, then come compete for your chance to win glory, 5 free WoW Tokens, and the winner's share of the Jackpot Prize Money! All registering teams will need to pay an entry fee of 25,000 gold which will get added to the Jackpot Prize to be split (50/30/20) among the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winning teams. We'll continue to roll out more information about Contest Details, Prizes and Registration so please continue to visit our Fundraiser Event forums, here: https://www.remnantsofhope.com/boards/index.php?/forum/728-remnants-of-hope-breast-cancer-fundraiser/ 

Whether you compete or not, please take a moment to help Stephanie in her battle with Breast Cancer and donate, here: https://www.gofundme.com/roh-breast-cancer-fundraiser. Even if you can only donate $10 or $20 it will help give Stephanie what she needs to pay her water bill, keep the lights on, and pay down her rent while she's undergoing treatment.

Thank you SO MUCH for helping us to support Stephanie in her fight against Breast Cancer, for helping to raise general awareness of the physical and financial stress treating it can place on women and their families, and for helping us make an AWESOME server-wide event for you all!
Frequently Asked Questions

Why are we having a Fundraiser?
Because Stephanie needs some HALP! Stephanie is an amazing woman and one of the most genuine people you could ever meet. She is a strong and proud mother who has worked tirelessly her whole life to help those around her, never asking for help from anyone, who raised her son by herself and has spent her life taking care of those around her. Sadly, she was just diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in early October and had to suddenly start undergoing treatment. This has unfortunately left Stephanie unable to work while she undergoes rigorous chemotherapy treatments for the next 5-6 months and she is in dire need of help to make ends meet until she can stand on her own two feet again.

There are lots of government programs and charities out there who help Breast Cancer victims. Why are we donating to help Stephanie?
There are definitely a lot of organizations out there to help people fighting Breast Cancer, and Stephanie is actively doing everything she can to get their help. Unfortunately, she’s ineligible to receive assistance from many of these organizations and the approval process for others can take too long. If you're uncomfortable donating to help Stephanie, we'd like to ask that you donate to The Pink Fund or another similar organization that helps women who are in similar situations to Stephanie's.

How do I donate?
We have setup a GoFundMe page to collect all donations for Stephanie, here:  http://gofundme.com/roh-breast-cancer-fundraiser.

How much should I donate?
Everything helps! Even if you can only donate just $10 or $20 it will help give Stephanie what she needs to pay her water bill, keep the lights on, and pay down her rent while she's undergoing treatment.

November 3rd? Wow that’s soon!
Oh trust us, we know! And while there are lots of reasons why we settled on November 3rd, the most important is that Stephanie needs our help as soon as we can realistically give it and we’re committed to doing that for her. We wish life could have dealt us some different cards to let us at least push it back even just one more week, but we can't so we just have to do our best and hope that it will be enough!

Yeah, but like... it's BlizzCon... Won't you be watching that?
Yep! Like you, many of our members have bought tickets to stream BlizzCon so it is super important to us to try and balance maximizing our time spent watching BlizzCon while also putting on an epicly fun Fundraiser event! Our hope is that if we schedule each Team's start time in advance, and maintain a strict schedule, it will help us achieve that balance.

Wait, did you say prizes? What Prizes?
Yes! We have prizes for the 3 teams to complete all 3 dungeons the fastest. Our First place prize consists of 5 WoW Tokens + 50% of the Jackpot Prize Money. The team that comes in 2nd Place will receive 30% of the Jackpot while 3rd place will receive the remaining 20%. 

How do I register to Compete?
Event Registration opens up on Monday, 10/29/2018 and will continue through Thursday, 11/1/2018. Teams will need to front a 25,000 gold Registration Fee when they register their team which will be added to the Jackpot Prize Money pool. Please check back here for more specific registration details, soon!

What faction is this event for?
Both Alliance and Horde teams are encouraged to register and participate!

Can I compete on multiple teams?
Sure! However we will not be making any special arrangements to accommodate players who wish to do this. Each team must still pay the full Registration Fee when they register, and all team members must be ready to roll into the first dungeon at their designation Start Time or face disqualification. (More specifics around this to come soon!)
Hey guys!

We are so excited to be hosting this event to help someone in need! The Remnants of Hope have done fundraisers in the past to help those who can't help themselves in many of our other games; however, this is our very first fundraising attempt in World of Warcraft! We are working diligently to nail down all of the processes that are required to pull this off in spite of the quick turnaround. We want to welcome you to join us as we run dungeons to have fun and gear some toons while, more importantly, helping a fantastic individual who would help us if our circumstances were different!

I myself know what it's like to have a close one suffer from a disease that is non-prejudicial and cruel. So I stepped up to help make this event a memorable and impacting one! We want to celebrate friendships and future memories that can be made if we support Stephanie in her fight!

Come join us in helping someone who deserves it!
Hey, Wyrmrest!

We are so excited to be able to organize this event for everyone to help a good cause! We've posted the rules and information at the following link so please check it out if you're interested in participating: https://www.remnantsofhope.com/boards/index.php?/topic/40522-wow-mythic-dungeon-crawl-for-breast-cancer-awareness/

You can also check out our Event Discord Server for more information, here: https://discord.gg/knSWUkG

Or our Twitter page, here: https://twitter.com/RoHCancerAware

If you don't think you'll be able to participate but would still like to help Stephanie keep the lights on as she's fighting her Breast Cancer, you can donate even just $10 or $20 to the GoFundMe we've setup, here: https://www.gofundme.com/roh-breast-cancer-fundraiser

Thanks for all of your contributions so far and we're really looking forward to putting on an awesome event for you all while we take turns running dungeons and watching the latest and greatest from BlizzCon!
This is awesome!

One person very close to me has had her family torn asunder by cancer, so I've seen the hell that it causes not first hand, but definitely from the sidelines. Good luck! I wish i had some extra funds to put in a donation.
10/28/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Mystfire
This is awesome!

One person very close to me has had her family torn asunder by cancer, so I've seen the hell that it causes not first hand, but definitely from the sidelines. Good luck! I wish i had some extra funds to put in a donation.

Sorry to hear about your friend and her family and thank you for your kind words for Stephanie and our event for her. If you or any of your friends and guildies will be around, we'd love to have you come join us for the fun on Saturday!
Please all come out to support this cause as well as have fun while doing it!
I hope for the best!!!
10/28/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Mystfire
This is awesome!

This. Also, I've seen first-hand how even just missing a WEEK of work can set someone back for months, and I had help in my time of need from the WoW community, and am finally getting back on my feet, so if the gofundme is still open on the 15th I will most def be donating.

I hope Stephanie has a speedy recovery, and becomes cancer-free soon. Give her a big hug from me if you can and tell her we're routing for her!
11/01/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Shaysinn
I've seen first-hand how even just missing a WEEK of work can set someone back for months, and I had help in my time of need from the WoW community, and am finally getting back on my feet, so if the gofundme is still open on the 15th I will most def be donating.

I hope Stephanie has a speedy recovery, and becomes cancer-free soon. Give her a big hug from me if you can and tell her we're routing for her!

Thank you so much for your support! It means the world to us. Our fundraiser for Stephanie won't be open then, however her own GoFundMe will still be up! If you'd like to still donate I know she would appreciate it: https://www.gofundme.com/stephanie039s-breast-cancer-support

Best wishes to you getting back on your feet soon!