What MMO Setting Would You Quit WoW For?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Imagine a hypothetic MMO is being developed. It's gameplay is different from WoW but technically speaking the game is as good as WoW (but not better).

So the tiebreaker is the setting.

Which setting (or settings) would make you quit WoW for?

I'd totally quit WoW for a Little Witch Academia MMO :D
I might go for either a space opera or Shadowrun-themed game.
starcraft
I seriously doubt we'll see anything groundbreaking regarding mmos from this point on. If there will be a new mmo it'll probably be a f2p and/or mobile one. Which means it'll automatically be terrible.

Everyone is trying to get a piece of the micro-transaction garbage. It's a race to see how much money they can gouge from players and get away with it. EA and Ubisoft are currently in the lead.

I'm still shocked at how much they can get away with these days and people are "fine" with it. They can sell you a game for $60 and then have something called a "time savers" tab and balance the game around creating a grind that gives the player an "incentive" to use real money. It's sickening.
Pokemon.

An actual pokemon MMO not something like pokemon Go.
Post-apocalyptic. Mad Max, Fallout, whatever.
Wildstar.
I no longer have the time nor the energy for another MMO. I'm too old for that !@#$.
ESO
10/21/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Draetha
Wildstar.

Wildstar is just like me.

Dead.

:(
Would love a good Warhammer 40k mmo.
10/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Mortis
Imagine a hypothetic MMO is being developed. It's gameplay is different from WoW but technically speaking the game is as good as WoW (but not better).

There is one id leave WOW for but I refuse to say what it is because I dont want anyone to steal the idea and make the money that should be mine.
10/21/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Poolze
10/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Mortis

There is one id leave WOW for but I refuse to say what it is because I dont want anyone to steal the idea and make the money that should be mine.

World of John Cena?
i've been saying it since diablo3's RMAH got taken down...

Make world of diablo already.
i'll quit everything for that.

it's only logical...

Warcraft -> Wacraft2 -> Warcraft3 -> World of Warcraft

Diablo -> Diablo2 -> Diablo3 -> World of Diablo

that also means we got 2 more overwatches to go before we see world of overwatch
I want a hyper violent and hyper sexual setting. Yeah, I'm a weirdo.
I know it would be terrible but a mass effect or dragon age mmo for sure. Would definitely check out a Witcher mmo as well.
None really. I will quit playing WoW when I stop having fun.
Harry Potter themed MMO
This will get me strung up but... I would kill for a League of Legends MMO.

I want to play as a Yordle.
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare themed MMO