What MMO Setting Would You Quit WoW For?

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
10/21/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Mortis
10/21/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Draetha
Wildstar.

Wildstar is just like me.

Dead.

:(

It will live on forever in my heart.
Anything NOT with swords.
Please God enough with the swords.

Give some fancy guns or something idc.

Just please not another medieval fantasy world. PLEASE.
There's nothing hypothetical about it.

Ashes of Creation is in the works and to be released December 2019.
Dark Tower MMO, in a heartbeat. I would love to run around as a Gunslinger.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer universe. You can be a vampire, slayer, demon ect.

Or a Harry Poter MMO, there is so much potential.
Starcraft
I used to bounce back and forth between wow and city of heroes. If coh simply reopened again i would definitely play.

But i would also like something gothic, victorian with creepy houses and mansions, churches and graveyards, abandoned asylums, monestaries, something with silent hill esque elements with some clive barker's undying thrown in. Ghosts, zombies, vampires, demons, antichrist, lots to work with
Oh man if there was a solid Pokemon MMO...

I'd probably still play both. I always said that about Final Fantasy but here we are and I still just play both.
10/21/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Karat
I might go for either a space opera or Shadowrun-themed game.

I'd love a good Shadowrun MMO for sure, not Boston Lockdown or the old Microsoft one, but a good one.

A Mass Effect MMO might be good as well!

Starcraft MMO maybe, though I'd want to be Protoss and not human.
10/22/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Ythisens

I'd probably still play both. I always said that about Final Fantasy but here we are and I still just play both.

Incoming “look blizzard doesn’t even play their games! They have to play final fantasy!!”
Hey yak what did you think of pokemon GO, how far did you get
10/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Mortis
Imagine a hypothetic MMO is being developed. It's gameplay is different from WoW but technically speaking the game is as good as WoW (but not better).

So the tiebreaker is the setting.

Which setting (or settings) would make you quit WoW for?

I'd totally quit WoW for a Little Witch Academia MMO :D

Fallout 76 in a few weeks. Not sure I'll completely quit wow but I take a break in sub for few months.
10/22/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Menard

Incoming “look blizzard doesn’t even play their games! They have to play final fantasy!!”

Just wait till they find out I play EVE too.
Legend of Zelda MMO

Placed outside of the timeline like Hyrule Warriors. Light vs Dark.

Maybe have the story losely based on great war told in Skyward Sword.
If anyone remembers Too Human, a game where they blended fantasy and sci-fi themes together, I could go for something like that.

The real question is would you rather be a trainer or a wild Pokemon I for one would love to be a charizard and frolic around an active volcano just burning stuffs.

Omg yes! I had dreams of a Pokemon MMO back when I used to play EQ before WoW came out!
Virtual Reality based MMO with haptic suits
10/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Mortis
Imagine a hypothetic MMO is being developed. It's gameplay is different from WoW but technically speaking the game is as good as WoW (but not better).

So the tiebreaker is the setting.

Which setting (or settings) would make you quit WoW for?

I'd totally quit WoW for a Little Witch Academia MMO :D

If there was a Destiny / Overwatch that was ACTUALLY an MMO, then I'd quit WoW for it.

While not necessarily a shooter, but a game that expands upon what Boarderlands set into place, a vast world that is constantly changing due to the epic story. More than 8 class choices, personal growth... bla bla bla.
I hate saying this because I just don't think it would work but a Diablo mmo. I can't really imagine a good D mmo unless they started from zero story wise. As in, came up with everything from scratch and original. Have factions for example, different race options etc. Also, the longevity of the game would be exponentially decreasing faster then most. After each end of the expansion people would complain about not facing Diablo yet and then when you did kill him. You're left with what? Not much.. just look at the end of legion. Who will we face that's as strong as Argus? No one.

Regardless, if they could come up with a way to set content up that's enough for us to play through for years like WoW. Hell yeah I'd be totally down for a diablo mmo.

Other then that... LOTR... I know, I know.. There was an mmo for it and it was just awful. I was just watching a video recently they a company announced a online lotr ip. If it was like Black desert but had end game (less grind/farmy stuff) I'd be so happy.

Honestly, my main wish is for WoW to just be better at this point.

Also, I think its worth mentioning that Ashes of Creation looks promising and the idea the devs have are something I side with. They get a lot of hate for the most ludicrous reasons but I honestly think it'll do well, although, not as as great as everyone thinks (or at least the majority that support the game thinks).
It have to be lore rich, maybe a diablo or starcraft mmorpg, but prob still keep to wow