What MMO Setting Would You Quit WoW For?

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
I don't know how it would work, but something set in the Fable universe. Or just Fable 4.
Flying at max level...
I like scary haunted houses and graveyards / cemetery's. I don't think you could make a MMO based on that, sadly. D:

Duskwood/ Teldrasil & silverpine was fun, though.
10/21/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Mortis
Imagine a hypothetic MMO is being developed. It's gameplay is different from WoW but technically speaking the game is as good as WoW (but not better).

So the tiebreaker is the setting.

Which setting (or settings) would make you quit WoW for?

I'd totally quit WoW for a Little Witch Academia MMO :D

For me, it would have to be an Indian Theme.
Vast lore, and great visuals.

My example is the game Tantra-Online.
https://tantra-online.com/
If the game is basically the same, but the writing is good I could see that being a wow killer. It would have to be good enough to get whole groups of friends to leave wow for.
I'd quit wow if City of Heroes came back
Honestly, I'm kinda done with MMOs, maybe even games. They've been quite disappointing lately. Not much customization or interesting stories, imo.

I was planning to play Wildstar but since it's dead now... I'm at the very least done with MMOs. Well, Blizzard ones for sure.
Hello Kitty Island Adventure 2. :)
sanic the hedgehog.

gotta see all the edgelords that'll play as coldsteel.
10/21/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Essenti
Would love a good Warhammer 40k mmo.

This right here.
10/21/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Nobody
Something similar to Shadowbane. Full scale world pvp. Build cities, tear down your enemies city. Build truces, and stab people in the back. Very game of thronish concept.

I haven't had time to see if anyone responded to this, but check out Crowfall.
An MMO based on the Honorverse.
Diablo MMO
10/22/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Erixi
If there was a Destiny / Overwatch that was ACTUALLY an MMO, then I'd quit WoW for it.

Imho this exist pretty decently in Warframe. It's not an MMO per se. It's more multiplayer optional like Diablo 3. But it's a very fun and excellent free to play game. That's PVE focused but does have PVP as well.
Not sure anything else can.

I've tried on and off other MMORPGs even a few online mobile games. TERA was boring, FFXIV was not too interesting (XI was better), and SWTOR is nice but lacks mechanics like flying that WoW has.

All and all I am sticking to WoW atm mostly because of my guild.

IMO WoW could be a much better game if the CDevs would stop making it about their Horde Love and make it about player choice and provide more player options to end game loot and content wins. That is what made WoW so popular in the 1st place and could make it again if more player choice and player options were in the game to make it feel more open world.
10/21/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Zarkasticus
WoW 2
diablo MMO
you should be hired on as chief creative officer :D
10/22/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Greyhide
I'm a long-time Final Fantasy fan but the garbage community of FFXIV is what brought me back to this game.

I always said a good Fallout MMO would be cool. It seems from first impressions that Fallout 76 isn't exactly what people hoped for with this.

The XIV community is such a meme there's a subreddit dedicated to making fun of it.

"great community btw"

They also think the WoW community is the most toxic ever, so they play that to get a hugbox.
I'd LOVE to see a Wheel of Time MMO but I'm not holding my breath for that one anytime soon. I'd settle for Bethesda or Obsidian doing a game based off of it.
10/22/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Ythisens
Just wait till they find out I play EVE too.

Can you link me your spreadsheets for when I get capped on this toon?
World of Diablo