What MMO Setting Would You Quit WoW For?

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
SAO. Imagine a character progression system of Runescape, combined with the involved mechanics of professions in XIV, with Tera's combat style.
For me, SWTOR was that game. To this day, SWTOR is the only game that I bought the top tier collector's edition for, and I don't regret that purchase (I still even have the Darth Malgus Statue.) What I wanted was WoW with lightsabers, and that's basically what the game was at launch. To this day I still think SWTOR has the best leveling stories found in MMOS. Unfortunately, as we've seen time and time again, there can only be one WoW. SWTOR tried to be WoW, but couldn't match it in content, profits, polish, or consistency. I am happy the game is still around, but sad that it had to sacrifice so much in going to the episodic freemium model.
wow is already the perfect setting for me, it's predominately middle ages/fantasy setting with knights/wizards (my favorite) but they throw in stuff from other settings as well if you want (draeni/legion are sci-fi/space, goblin/gnomish technology is steampunk, pandaria/pandaren is eastern Asian)
Elfquest hands-down.
10/22/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Nellera
The XIV community is such a meme there's a subreddit dedicated to making fun of it.

Hmm... My server seems good from my experience. 9/10 people I meet are kind and helpful.
10/22/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Ythisens
10/22/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Menard

Incoming “look blizzard doesn’t even play their games! They have to play final fantasy!!”

Just wait till they find out I play EVE too.

Probably Goon Squad

Nobody plays EVE anymore.

SNIGG#1.
- Black Desert's Combat/PvP/general art style
- WoW's PvE/Gearing
- ESO's skill customization
- EvE's economy

That would be a dream for me :p
10/22/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Xylok
Legend of Zelda MMO

Placed outside of the timeline like Hyrule Warriors. Light vs Dark.

Maybe have the story losely based on great war told in Skyward Sword.

There is sort of a zelda MMO called graal online classic (looks like a link to the past on snes)
SAO virtual reality mmo
Easy, Cyberpunk the MMO.
Vampire The Masquerade
Star Citizen, once it goes persistent universe
10/22/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Menard

Incoming “look blizzard doesn’t even play their games! They have to play final fantasy!!”

OMG I spit out my coffee on this....too funny made my day :o)
An actual God Eater MMO, not a MMO-like mobile version of Rage Burst.
sao or log horizon type. then again I did crowd fund a MMO a sword hack and slash type named Chronicles of Elyria.
I would love for a company to take over Wildstar now that it's dead. Revive it and actually look into why it failed, it's flaws and what they would need to do to fix it. because as far as MMOs go, that was one of the most fun MMOs I've played to date, I also enjoyed the way it looked, the player housing, and combat.
I've honestly tried, but it's just not the setting.

I play what my friends are playing. And my friends love WoW more.
I miss City of Heroes every day...
Maybe Dragon Age Online. With conversation options like the original DA: Origins people liked, branching stories, and group combat in certain areas you can do. Could be pretty good in my opinion with modern tech and story telling.