What MMO Setting Would You Quit WoW For?

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
10/21/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Donalesh
This will get me strung up but... I would kill for a League of Legends MMO.

I want to play as a Yordle.

Ive got good news for you.
Probably something like a Forgotten Realms MMO based on 5E that just tried to be as pure to tabletop as possible, all the broken and fiddly bits included.

Like if it was literally just D&D in game form running through premade dungeons and campaigns and the like, with the ability to form parties and assign a DM in an instanced group etc.

Basically just a giant canvas for DnD, but with premade content as well for solo play in between campaign sessions (and you could have multiple 'saved' campaigns with different progression, gear rules etc, homebrew items/spells/etc that were campaign or DM specific etc)
10/22/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Ythisens
Oh man if there was a solid Pokemon MMO...

I'd probably still play both. I always said that about Final Fantasy but here we are and I still just play both.

You guys already put that in, it is called pet battles! You know...when you guys started with all the other anti RPG elements like CRZ and Group finders.
I want a non-magic Mid-evil style MMO, large scale pvp war style stuff. I think Archage hit some of the stuff I wanted but again I dont the magic stuff. I feel magic leads to too much power.
at this point, I'll try any new MMO to get away from WoW.

Seriously. Any MMO that has halfway decent PVP balance and can retain it's playerbase for longer than a year will make me happy.

Wild West, mixed with magic and swords would give me a !@#$%.
Something like city of heroes. ...anxiously keeping up with the progress of the projects in the works in that realm.
I posted earlier about EQ, which I will forever go back to as the gretest MMORPG ever, but...

...I'd like an Sci Fi MMORPG based on the Expanse. The ability to add content would be almost limitless. 1,300 other star systems just waiting to be explored, raided and conquered.
A 'World Trigger' MMO setting would be mine :D
10/22/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Emt
10/22/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Ythisens
Oh man if there was a solid Pokemon MMO...

I'd probably still play both. I always said that about Final Fantasy but here we are and I still just play both.

You guys already put that in, it is called pet battles! You know...when you guys started with all the other anti RPG elements like CRZ and Group finders.

waaahhh :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
10/22/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Mezzedup
10/22/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Ythisens
Just wait till they find out I play EVE too.

Can you link me your spreadsheets for when I get capped on this toon?

Get your own market monopoly. You can't have any of my sheets.

10/22/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Avoidance
Probably Goon Squad

grr goons. Hey PanFam Alliance. I'm one of you.

10/22/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Emt

Listen, I pet battle, but I just want to have a pet Blastoise okay... also a pet Umbreon. Fun Fact: I have an Umbreon tattoo.
grr goons. Hey PanFam Alliance. I'm one of you.

Waffle, Hordie or Legionnaire?
Any AAA superhero MMO, to be totally honest. The ones around currently just don't have all that much polish, and City of Heroes left a huge opening in that market when it was shut down. Give me a game like CoH with modern graphics, the same huge levels of customization, and updated combat.

Sadly, I really doubt that will ever happen. It really does seem like the time of the AAA MMO was 2010-2015 or so, and they're just not seen as a good investment anymore.
10/22/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Mandulis
Something like city of heroes. ...anxiously keeping up with the progress of the projects in the works in that realm.

Also this. I still play Champions Online from time to time, but it's just not the same. I eagerly check in on City of Titans from time to time to follow the progress.
10/22/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Nocte
Waffle, Hordie or Legionnaire?

For the Gobfather.

99% of people that read these posts will have no idea what we're talking about.
A good Star Wars MMO that didn't have EA, NCSoft or some of the other fail development houses attached.
A sandbox Star Wars MMO like Star Wars Galaxies, where I can have a house, be a Jedi, fly a starship in open world space, and get hunted by bounty hunter players.

I do play SWTOR alongside WoW, though.
10/22/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Nemsmess
sanic the hedgehog.

gotta see all the edgelords that'll play as coldsteel.

*teleports behind you*

Psssshhhht. Nothing personnel, kid.
10/22/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Jasher
World of Darkness MMO. Vampires, Werewolves and Mages as player classes and the three main factions.

Add in Hunters from Hunter the Reckoning as well. Holy crap, the creators would need a restraining order from me.
10/22/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Ythisens

For the Gobfather.

99% of people that read these posts will have no idea what we're talking about.

To be fair, a lot of people that play EVE can't tell the difference either