What MMO Setting Would You Quit WoW For?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
In a perfect world a space based system somehow or another. Let's so Master of Orion mixed in as an MMO. I all but put my life on hold with the new Master of Orion until they abandoned us. If you think WoW is crack... that game nearly cost me my high school career (although side a HL1 called Natural Selection).

However, if it has to be Blizzard IP owned then I'd like either a Starcraft MMO -- three factions fighting the Void or something.

Or Diablo. No factions, just guilds.

Now if I had my choice for graphics are comic style (think Border Lands). I don't like complicated, I like simple. I prefer the time be spent on story / content. Then again 99/100 I'm alone on that opinion so...
A well done star wars MMO
Dragonriders of Pern.

In a cold minute. Sorry WoW.

Ffs the more I think about it the more I want it.

I could also be tempted away by a Dragon Age MMO, especially if it links to Inquisition. I mean, Dorian's VA is ALL OVER BFA, and it's made me nostalgic.

I gotta admit, Harry Potter would also be a draw. XD
City of Heroes.

Not just that it was a Super Hero MMO, it was the best. And I want the things they really got right.

Sidekick & Exemplar
You could always play with your friend, no matter what level the difference might be. You could choose to set your level lower to match your friend. It retained access to the powers but you only hit as hard as your changed level. So by dropping down, you still had an advantage, but not an insurmountable one.

Set Your Own Difficulty
CoH had a larger number of instanced missions than WoW. A Player could decide how difficult the opposition was. You could choose to set them two levels lower to two levels higher. If you were an AoE type, you could choose to have the trash mobs be more mooks. Or you could have fewer mooks and more Lieutenants.

Make a Your Own Adventures
Literally. They had a system to create your own adventure quests. You chose the maps. You chose the types of enemies. You write the dialogue and quest objectives.

No More Leveling
Highest level was 50. The game was allowed to branch out. Expansions were about good writing. Lower level zones got attention. New low level zones were created.

End Game Content was about broadening your abilities and diverivifcation. Not just grinding up ten more levels.

New Powers and Archtypes were created. There were good reasons to level up new characters because there was new content.

Any game that does at least two of those things would get my attention.
10/21/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Zathän

dragonball z MMO

[/quote]

Log on. Start charging your attack. Eat breakfast, go to work/school, come home, eat supper then check on how your charging is going. Your character is shouting and glowing. Watch some TV, go to bed, wake up, check on your character. Attack is 1/4 charged.
10/21/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Romanna

Make a Your Own Adventures
Literally. They had a system to create your own adventure quests. You chose the maps. You chose the types of enemies. You write the dialogue and quest objectives.

[/quote]

I'd love it if WoW had its own version of The Foundry from Neverwinter for Warcraft that lets you design your own dungeons, instances and quests (even though the rewards are always random meh).

I'd probably spend more time designing dungeons than playing the game but hell wouldn't that be fun!
Stormlight archive
don't think i'll ever really be all that interested in a traditional mmo anymore. even wow's just losing my interest. not even the horrid state that wow's in right now, just the game itself.

i want a game that i don't see anyone delivering on until i'm probably dead and buried, or too old to be able to really enjoy it.

i want something that's realistic in scale and scope. i want something that takes me days of walking in game to get to where i want to go. i want something where i have to read spellbooks, actually read them, while practicing and failing over and over for days to get the spell mastered. i want to have to train with a teacher for weeks and months to master melee combat.

i want real life with magic, in a game. no fields of animals and monsters 20ft apart from each other. no town that's not even a half mile down the road from the other. no walking 5ft and bumping into some inhabited area. no towns that are four vendor buildings and the lord's castle with a bunch of homeless citizens walking around acting like they have homes.

i hope that if i survive to be like 70 or 80, i'll be able to jack into a .hack style mmo one day. i'll be able to smell the scents, feel the things i touch, experience magic almost like it's real life.

no normal mmo's ever gonna satisfy me right now.
World of Darkness
Give me a new isometric mmo based on the Divinity Original Sin series. I would love that!
None. I might dabble in other MMOs, but WoW is my home and always will be. I'll be here forever.
A Marvel MMO or pretty much any Superhero based MMO.

God I miss City of Heroes/Villains
Stormbringer
Warhammer 40k
Harry potter
Starcraft
Diablo
10/21/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Altaïr
A Marvel MMO or pretty much any Superhero based MMO.

God I miss City of Heroes/Villains

Questing was boring as !@#$, but being a superhero was awesome
I've been enjoying Warframe lately.
I like my fantasy sword and sorcery, dragons and monsters. Not into the sci fi mmos or modern horror mmos.
A Shadowrun MMORPG

Hands down would play it SO hard.
berserk mmo if it was good and well done that would be amazing
Andre Norton's Witch World or Anne McCaffrey's Pern.