Pls tell me 8.1 will bring enough for ranged dps

General Discussion
Seriously. I want to go back to my MM hunter, or Fire mage or literally any other dps that isn't melee.

#sickofworldofmeleecraft
BM hunters and Moonkins are still pretty good
10/22/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Haisly
I want to go back to my MM hunter

whats stopping you??
10/22/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Wariya
10/22/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Haisly
I want to go back to my MM hunter

whats stopping you??
Numbers. MM hunter is absolute....has been absolute trash for the longest time now.
BM hunters and Moonkins are still pretty good

Eh....if pretty good means below average overall but average amongst casters.

They have areas of the game where they are tuned well but when it comes to comparable single target damage they are lacking. Will see how the mastery changes affect them. They still do almost 0 damage outside of Incarnation with Streaking Stars where they go absolutely nuts currently.
I doubt worldofmeleecraft will be over anytime soon unfortunately. :/
Most ranged just feel bad to play. They feel weak and lacking. For me anyway. I don't see me going back to play a caster unless they were just stupid OP.
10/22/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Ryuk
Most ranged just feel bad to play. They feel weak and lacking. For me anyway. I don't see me going back to play a caster unless they were just stupid OP.

I am about to give up on my mage. Not worth it.
Aren't Moonkin and Warlocks dominating the top DPS ranks in Uldir?

Edit: Just checked, Mages are up there with them too.
unless the developer team majorly screw up somewhere, melee should be way ahead of ranged dps in raid encounters to keep the game balanced, melee sacrafice range and uptime for high dps
They just need to allow casters to actually cast while moving because that is where we lose all our dmg.
Currently most boss fights are...
Casters
Casting...wait, need to move for boss ability...start casti...wait need to move again...
Melee
Attack.....attack...attack...move left but still attack....atttack..attack.
It's just not engaging game play for casters.
10/22/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Ttoki
unless the developer team majorly screw up somewhere, melee should be way ahead of ranged dps in raid encounters to keep the game balanced, melee sacrafice range and uptime for high dps

Um.. are we playing a different game?
Pretty sure MM is deliberately being kept as garbage to encourage hunters to try out survival. Blizz has to be salty that the spec they spent all that time 'fixing' into a new form is the least popular thing Nickelback.
Besides GCD nonsense fire mage is fine right now.
I think you all are expecting too much from one patch, and are setting yourselves up for a HUGE disappointment.
You realize pretty much every guild is constantly recruiting ranged because they don't have enough right?

That despite all the world of melee memes, when you look at raid comps it's still only 4-6 melee and 8-10 ranged in a given raid.
BM is solid, though MM was always my favourite and i miss it.
10/22/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Argorwal
You realize pretty much every guild is constantly recruiting ranged because they don't have enough right?

That despite all the world of melee memes, when you look at raid comps it's still only 4-6 melee and 8-10 ranged in a given raid.

The problem is that ranged is severely underpowered in PVP.

What they really need to do is to nerf melee CC or nerf PVP CC so they can buff melee damage. That way they can get closer to balance in both PVP and PVE.
10/22/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Galinal
They just need to allow casters to actually cast while moving because that is where we lose all our dmg.
Currently most boss fights are...
Casters
Casting...wait, need to move for boss ability...start casti...wait need to move again...
Melee
Attack.....attack...attack...move left but still attack....atttack..attack.
It's just not engaging game play for casters.

But see you can't write that because when things "were" cast able people were complaining about casters moving while casting, therefore, Devs was like OH SNAPS lets take this away. If you give them something or the opportunity to take things away they are QUICK at doing that and the player base has been "very" vocal/written in doing so. Instead of asking for things to be "taken" away from others, players need to learn ways that would be adaptable for all; "Balancing" <----. Look at WoW/Dev history on how things went per expansion when things, such as abilities, taken away and how that effected the flow of the game and character development and NOW how people want/wish for those/these "things" back? You can say look at how WoW is as an MMORPG and compare that to other Open World games let it be Free to play or Monthly. So much those games have to offer; Maple Story 2, Final Fantasy 14, ESO, etc. 95% of my hunter in Classic has been, basically, dumb down to 4-5 buttons with character development limitations and the open world of WoW, given how big the world is, is limited per expansion. Other games allow players to continue their adventure in old world content by allow that expansion to be tied to it in a way and will keep the new one fresh with new ideas WHILE adding character development. This expansion is so limited that they should just get rid of Northrend and other zones. Sad.... so sad... I wish there was player housing, but we got Garrisons...... whelp. So many Ideas can be put into this game.. yet we got this expansion... and who knows what the next one will be like.
10/22/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Yarrow
10/22/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Argorwal

The problem is that ranged is severely underpowered in PVP.

What they really need to do is to nerf melee CC or nerf PVP CC so they can buff melee damage. That way they can get closer to balance in both PVP and PVE.

Mages, shadow, and moonkin are all really good.

Warlock is uncharacterically weak (getting buffed on PTR) as they are typically a strong spec.

And woe which is meh, but resto and enhance are really strong.

If mut rogues weren't such a huge outlier it would be pretty even.