I'm done.

General Discussion
Nothing is fun about WoW anymore. I've have a long run but it's just tedious now. My sub is ending out and I ain't renewing it.

BFA... What a mess. It looks good! But that's all it is really. Some graphical updates is not enough for me. There's no incentive at working with other players anymore on content sadly. People say to make friends, but let's face it, the reality of WoW since Legion, has been to focus on "Me, Myself and I!" because being delayed by friends or family punishes you and then it ends up nobody progress.

Master Loot change, man don't get me going on this one, a gear buffet and nobody talks anymore in encounters. All matter is that stupid DPS meters and it's all matters to people, they don't care if you don't have gear or not. This alone is probably the most toxic element in modern WoW.

Raiding alright, Uldir looks cool, I started it as normal and gave up swiftly. It's not motivating at all, the gear looks like trash, everyone share the same model, I'm not interested by this. Tiers were great, people looked different and it felt more like personalized.

This gear buffet is not fun at all and you're going to make it'll become a even more gratuitous buffets with announced change for 8.1. Why doing this? Less hours of work for more rewards? This concept does not make sense to me.

Azerite, alright I'll try to be short about it. It's the worse system I've ever seen. The necklace? You can't even do jack !@#$ with it! Nobody feels like only working at leveling this thing up. The trait, maybe Blizzard should have listened to Feedback instead rushing this bloody expansion to be released. Launching the game with a bunch of specs being gone to the oblivion, great job. And 8.1 supposed to fix that? It won't.

PvP, well this is a dead meme. I don't know why Blizzard tries to make it an esport, I kind of find this one funny. People have been asking for Vendors, just give the vendors. This RNG for gear is dumb, nobody wants that. Sets / Resilience was a better system. WoD had a pretty good system, item level during PvP combat, good enough to do dailies but nothing amazing like a raider.

The community was a waste of resources. The guild system could have used updates.

I could say much more, but anyways I know how these forums are. Been fun wow but I gquit here.
Its fine Asmon, Bellular, Nixxiom, and pretty much every youtuber/streamer is already killing BFA from inside. Reddit and official Blizzard tweet is filled with negativity, its the best way to sabotage the game.
10/23/2018 01:36 AMPosted by Eloreil
Its fine Asmon, Bellular, Nixxiom, and pretty much every youtuber/streamer is already killing BFA from inside. Reddit and official Blizzard tweet is filled with negativity, its the best way to sabotage the game.

Blizzard sabotaged their own game via the reasons OP listed above.
Yeah it's definitely not as satisfying to play as Legion was. Warlords as bad as it was, at least had pvp vendors and tier sets, now? What the heck are we even meant to strive for gearwise? Azerite? /vomit
I love island expeditions.

Yet all of them who don't find it fun still play it ........

Op however is the smart dude that is if they are really un-subbing :)
You can't be done!

(*Why not?*)

Because Dunn's in California!
10/23/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Wariya

Yet all of them who don't find it fun still play it ........

Op however is the smart dude that is if they are really un-subbing :)
I'm actually on FF14 now. That game has it's flaw it's not perfect, it is more time consuming then WoW on a certain level. But i've been playing it for a while now. I'm enjoying it, it's slow pace but offer some the elements that user to make WoW a success.

And I will tell what did, the ability to play with friends in a content accessible for everyone. To negotiates with crafters to try obtain gear to help out at progressing. To pick my pick axe and go hit nodes to get ores and crystal trying make some coin to make my life easier.

I'm on my last hours, I don't want this to sounds like this is wow bashing. But I do not like how modern anymore. And the biggest mistake of Blizzard if you ask me is to done their best to eliminate communications need. When any class can be enjoyed. Having actual options, it's great, I recommend people trying it.

But yeah, I might come back in the future, next expansion maybe? But for now I put the hatchet on this game after... how long has it been since open beta of classic? 14 years or so? I'm not the top dog player but I've done a lot of great things and did raids of all kind in every expansions.

So hopefully I am still smart.
10/23/2018 01:29 AMPosted by Emeraldas
Nothing is fun about WoW anymore. I've have a long run but it's just tedious now. My sub is ending out and I ain't renewing it.

BFA... What a mess. It looks good! But that's all it is really. Some graphical updates is not enough for me. There's no incentive at working with other players anymore on content sadly. People say to make friends, but let's face it, the reality of WoW since Legion, has been to focus on "Me, Myself and I!" because being delayed by friends or family punishes you and then it ends up nobody progress.

Master Loot change, man don't get me going on this one, a gear buffet and nobody talks anymore in encounters. All matter is that stupid DPS meters and it's all matters to people, they don't care if you don't have gear or not. This alone is probably the most toxic element in modern WoW.

Raiding alright, Uldir looks cool, I started it as normal and gave up swiftly. It's not motivating at all, the gear looks like trash, everyone share the same model, I'm not interested by this. Tiers were great, people looked different and it felt more like personalized.

This gear buffet is not fun at all and you're going to make it'll become a even more gratuitous buffets with announced change for 8.1. Why doing this? Less hours of work for more rewards? This concept does not make sense to me.

Azerite, alright I'll try to be short about it. It's the worse system I've ever seen. The necklace? You can't even do jack !@#$ with it! Nobody feels like only working at leveling this thing up. The trait, maybe Blizzard should have listened to Feedback instead rushing this bloody expansion to be released. Launching the game with a bunch of specs being gone to the oblivion, great job. And 8.1 supposed to fix that? It won't.

PvP, well this is a dead meme. I don't know why Blizzard tries to make it an esport, I kind of find this one funny. People have been asking for Vendors, just give the vendors. This RNG for gear is dumb, nobody wants that. Sets / Resilience was a better system. WoD had a pretty good system, item level during PvP combat, good enough to do dailies but nothing amazing like a raider.

The community was a waste of resources. The guild system could have used updates.

I could say much more, but anyways I know how these forums are. Been fun wow but I gquit here.

I'm glad players are expressing this because others get to view their side and understand their frustrations and reasons. My sub will expire within two weeks. This is quite sad, because both of my best friends who've been with me since Vanilla left a couple weeks ago due to the limitations WoW implemented on character development, professions, and World interaction this expansion and the previous ones. I've wrote this many times in other posts, but man do I miss what my hunter was in Classic and how 95% of what is was is no longer. 1 of my friends went to Maplestory 2 because of the housing and the amount of interaction the game has, and the other went back to Path of Exile. I probably will join both, or play Warframe or Star Trek Online or maybe relearn some Spanish.

I "might" come back if there was some promising stuff, but after seeing player housing in Maplestory 2 and missing my old housing in Archage, FF14, and seeing what WoW is offering, I kind of feel a large piece of character comfort missing, but this could just be how my friends and I feel. Raids, Mythics, Dungeons, and WQs, but there could be so MUCH more... "sigh"

Take a nice break and try out some other games. You'll notice a large chunk of content missing in this game compared to other games and realize how far behind WoW really is.
10/23/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Hamidon
I "might" come back if there was some promising stuff, but after seeing player housing in Maplestory 2 and missing my old housing in Archage, FF14, and seeing what WoW is offering, I kind of feel a large piece of character comfort missing, but this could just be how my friends and I feel. Raids, Mythics, Dungeons, and WQs, but there could be so MUCH more... "sigh"
See, I did not desired to get too deep in that because I think every game offer different aspects, which is fine. But truth said, is you are absolutely correct. The point of a game is having fun, being able to farm for that gear that makes you powerful, having a sense of immersion and development.

The way WoW approaches it since WoD doesn't cut it out. The Garrison, ok... why it's been abandoned? Order Hall, some class story, that's fine. In BFA? We're just a butler/maid doing the whole job for our factions.

Maplestory 2 is pretty fun by the way, I am surprised how fun that little MMORPG is. Play it with a controller, it doubles it's fun. But don't sit too far from keyboard because for things like house construction, it's pretty much needed.

Wow you're right. How did i never mentally grasp that the game has never been better. AND all the people making a ton of money off of parents of 12 year old's (who's credit card info they wrote down and then donate to nerds playing games when it was only to be used once to pay for subscription fees) want those 12 year olds to also hate the game to play fortnite just so they can work 9 to 5 like the rest of us. Gee, I'm sure glad i saw this post. It makes me proud my taxes are funding public education that in turn produce such highly intelligent children.
me too!! real world here I gooooo!!
10/23/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Dkfloppy

Wow you're right. How did i never mentally grasp that the game has never been better.

idk why are you so salty, im just saying the best way to kill a business is if your customers tell everyone that your product sacks.
10/23/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Emeraldas
10/23/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Hamidon
See, I did not desired to get too deep in that because I think every game offer different aspects, which is fine. But truth said, is you are absolutely correct. The point of a game is having fun, being able to farm for that gear that makes you powerful, having a sense of immersion and development.

The way WoW approaches it since WoD doesn't cut it out. The Garrison, ok... why it's been abandoned? Order Hall, some class story, that's fine. In BFA? We're just a butler/maid doing the whole job for our factions.

Maplestory 2 is pretty fun by the way, I am surprised how fun that little MMORPG is. Play it with a controller, it doubles it's fun. But don't sit too far from keyboard because for things like house construction, it's pretty much needed.

Yeah I started Maplestory 2 and Oh man what WoW could do with that they have.... really makes me wonder. I haven't tried controller yet, maybe I should. I didn't want to take it deep, but sometimes after killing a boss or Mythic + you don't want to go back to Orgrimmar or where you last were. Maybe it would be nice to head back home to my little elf house and mine some minerals I placed in the back or chill with friends by the waterfall or go to their house and check out what they did, and play some mini games you know?
10/23/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Sunfaller
me too!! real world here I gooooo!!

LOL what are your plans?
I don’t blame you honestly, after getting AoTC this raid tier I’m basically taking a break till 8.1

My friends already lost interest so to the waiting room I go
10/23/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Dkfloppy

Wow you're right. How did i never mentally grasp that the game has never been better.

idk why are you so salty, im just saying the best way to kill a business is if your customers tell everyone that your business sacks.

Its not killing the business its actually helping them by giving constructive Feedback, but the problem with this company is that that Feedback went in the trash; therefore, people are upset because of the amount of time they put into Alpha and Beta testing to present amazing Feedback that could have avoided all this mess. What is killing the game isn't that, but the Devs themselves. Players should be upset after spending $ on false hype.
BfA is just a hot mess right now. I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.

I don't know what Blizzard was thinking ignoring beta feedback. Players told them it was going to be bad and they ignored it. They reap what they sow.

Now they are shuffling the leadership deck. It will be interesting to see how they manage to get themselves out of the mess they've created.