Not ONCE has M+ Chest done anything for me

General Discussion
I have not been able to equip a single piece of gear since this Xpac was released. Scrap the system or fix it.
Try some higher keys
Yeah, the mythic chests have been bad for me too. I've gotten one upgrade.
Ya highest key finished is a +5. You'd be much likelier to get upgrades if you push higher keys.
10/23/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Wiiman
Ya highest key finished is a +5. You'd be much likelier to get upgrades if you push higher keys.

After +6 the IO police take control.

Have your papers ready and welcome to Neo Warcraft.
10/23/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Seelnay

I pugged my way to 370 ilvl and 1k+ IO. Its not so bad if you actually try.

Alternatively you could just run your own key up and be the person in charge of who is invited.

Heck, you could even not use IO to invite people and help fix this perceived "problem."
10/23/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Wiiman

This. Work your way from the bottom, push your own key, make friends along the way.
How do you expect to progress in the game without paying attention to any of its mechanics? its like playing basketball, missing every shot, and then demanding the rules be changed so the misses are hits.

Open your Mythic Dungeons tab.

It tells you exactly what ilevel the box will drop and exactly what the next level key will generate. Perhaps try to do a key that drops gear that's more likely to be an upgrade.
Mythic chests come with a lot of disappointment.

I've normally done between an 8 or a 10 each week. I've had about 3 haste heavy rings (which are terrible for all monk specs), one piece of azerite (yay) and 2 other pieces that matched slots I already had.

They feel compulsory but the rewards can definitely be disappointing. Still the best suggestion I've seen is 3 items appearing and you able to pick one. That... would be fantastic.
It's so hard to get into +6, I always get the "ew your a balance druid" or "you'll be better in 8.1" so frustrating.
I got a pretty ring.
10/23/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Toralici
It's so hard to get into +6, I always get the "ew your a balance druid" or "you'll be better in 8.1" so frustrating.

Frustrating for sure; however, you gotta make the choice to stick it out and play what you like (There's lots of people of all class specializations who push pretty high on the leaderboards!) OR play something that's meta. Rogue tends to be in the meta, so I decided to main a rogue a couple years ago.
10/23/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Wiiman

yup, same here (well not that high yet).

370+, 800+ IO all from pugs. I'm not in a guild and I haven't ran a single mythic with a friend.

It's not that bad.
I am not sure what you are expecting when you are already almost completely 355+
You win some you lose some.

I've been getting 380-385+ items from both my M+ and my Rated PvP chest, and sometimes NEITHER was an upgrade.

Past 2 weeks, my PvP chest had an upgrade but my M+ chest didn't.
Few weeks ago I got one upgrade from my M+ chests.

It's really just a bonus chance at an "effortless" item on reset. The difference is I don't run M+ for the weekly chest item. I run M+ for fun and to help gear my character from end of the dungeon drops.

That way I don't get upset if my once a week box doesn't give me an upgrade.

Ultimately, if you really care about your gear, you might as well just do the activities that reward substantial amounts of high item level gear.

Heroic - Mythic raids
1800+ rated PvP (arenas of rbgs)
Mythic +10 for baseline highest max ilvl items

I have an io score of 568...I pug a 10 each week an have since launch. So explain how I get into those groups?
10/23/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Toralici
I have not been able to equip a single piece of gear since this Xpac was released. Scrap the system or fix it.

Yeah the system has a lot of flaws sadly.

It does need a fix and overhaul. :/
Then stop wasting your time and don't open it next week you gambler :)
10/23/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Pandamonea
Mythic chests come with a lot of disappointment.

I've normally done between an 8 or a 10 each week. I've had about 3 haste heavy rings (which are terrible for all monk specs), one piece of azerite (yay) and 2 other pieces that matched slots I already had.

They feel compulsory but the rewards can definitely be disappointing. Still the best suggestion I've seen is 3 items appearing and you able to pick one. That... would be fantastic.

I’ve had a similar issue collecting Haste heavy gear on my Monk. The nice thing is that Haste is very good for MW in M+. Now I have M+ and raid MW sets with optimized secondary stats. Of course my main spec is WW so...a 2nd MW set is usually just clutter in my bags.