rdruid 8.1 changes

Druid
azerite changes
Early Harvest - When Wild Growth expires, it heals the target for 75 if they are injured, or it reduces the cooldown of Innervate by 1 sec if they are not.
Lively Spirit - When Innervate expires, each spell cast using Innervate, you gain 59 Intellect for 20 sec and 0.5% mana.

Nice changes for pve, should help with mana issues during raids. However, these traits might become must haves given our mana iassues, especially if lively spirit or harvest stacks

pvp talent changes
Mark of the Wild (New) Protects allies, causing all damage taken from Nature, Fire, Frost and Arcane damage over time and area of effect spells reduced by 15%. Lasts for 60 min. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. Requires Druid. Requires level 40+.
Master Shapeshifter (New) Your Guardian, Balance or Feral Affinity is amplified granting an additional effect. Guardian Affinity Chance to be critically hit melee attacks reduced by 20% while in Bear Form. Balance Affinity After you enter Moonkin Form, you gain 30% spell haste for 10 sec. Feral Affinity While in Cat Form, your damage is increased by 25%. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Druid. Requires level 40+.
Nourish (New) Heals a friendly target for [ 250% of Spell Power ] and automatically applies one of your missing healing over time spells to the target. If all of them are present, Nourish critically heals. Can't be cast in Cat Form, Travel Form, Aquatic Form, Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, Moonkin Form. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 14% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. Requires Druid. Requires level 40+.
Ursol's Vortex Conjures a vortex of wind for 10 sec at the destination, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within 8 yards by 50%. The first time an enemy attempts to leave the vortex, winds will pull that enemy back to its center. Usable in all shapeshift forms. Druid - Restoration Spec. Druid - Restoration Spec Guardian Druid - Level 30 Talent. Guardian Druid - Level 30 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Looks like Ursol's is no longer a base spell but talented. Really bad we are losing this with so much gap closing ability nowadays. (edit - incorrect this is still baseline)

Master shapeshifter should help with kill potential/surviability.

Nourish is now an entirely new spell instead of applying on regrowth. Big nerf for tree form if nourish is no longer instant cast

Mark of the wild is meh, if it was a flat reduction it'd be great but its only on DoTs and AOE,
10/23/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Fedras
azerite changes
Early Harvest - When Wild Growth expires, it heals the target for 75 if they are injured, or it reduces the cooldown of Innervate by 1 sec if they are not.
Lively Spirit - When Innervate expires, each spell cast using Innervate, you gain 59 Intellect for 20 sec and 0.5% mana.

Nice changes for pve, should help with mana issues during raids. However, these traits might become must haves given our mana iassues, especially if lively spirit or harvest stacks

pvp talent changes
Mark of the Wild (New) Protects allies, causing all damage taken from Nature, Fire, Frost and Arcane damage over time and area of effect spells reduced by 15%. Lasts for 60 min. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. Requires Druid. Requires level 40+.
Master Shapeshifter (New) Your Guardian, Balance or Feral Affinity is amplified granting an additional effect. Guardian Affinity Chance to be critically hit melee attacks reduced by 20% while in Bear Form. Balance Affinity After you enter Moonkin Form, you gain 30% spell haste for 10 sec. Feral Affinity While in Cat Form, your damage is increased by 25%. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. Requires Druid. Requires level 40+.
Nourish (New) Heals a friendly target for [ 250% of Spell Power ] and automatically applies one of your missing healing over time spells to the target. If all of them are present, Nourish critically heals. Can't be cast in Cat Form, Travel Form, Aquatic Form, Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, Moonkin Form. PvP Talent. PvP Talent. 14% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast. Requires Druid. Requires level 40+.
Ursol's Vortex Conjures a vortex of wind for 10 sec at the destination, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within 8 yards by 50%. The first time an enemy attempts to leave the vortex, winds will pull that enemy back to its center. Usable in all shapeshift forms. Druid - Restoration Spec. Druid - Restoration Spec Guardian Druid - Level 30 Talent. Guardian Druid - Level 30 Talent. 30 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Looks like Ursol's is no longer a base spell but talented. Really bad we are losing this with so much gap closing ability nowadays.

Master shapeshifter should help with kill potential/surviability.

Nourish is now an entirely new spell instead of applying on regrowth. Big nerf for tree form if nourish is no longer instant cast

Mark of the wild is meh, if it was a flat reduction it'd be great but its only on DoTs and AOE,

Losing Vortex sucks, was it really that unbalanced?
Vortex isn't going away. It's moving from level 63 to level 30.
10/23/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Degreez
Vortex isn't going away. It's moving from level 63 to level 30.

ah ok i misunderstood then.

However, the nourish changes in a pvp setting seem like a heavy nerf to tree form
Logged on Rdruid on PTR

The nourish change is a buff to overall sustained healing, but a nerf to Tree Form Regrowth spam cheese. Tree form is heavily devalued in arena now which I'm ok with. With my current gear I can get the cast time down to 1.5 which is reasonable.

We still have thorns and vortex on PTR. Don't see why would lose it anyway.

Master shapeshifter currently isn't working for Resto but looks OP with Balance affinity.
10/23/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Whatkarnt
but a nerf to Tree Form Regrowth spam cheese.

unfortunately, idk if this was cheese as much as our main "oh !@#$ button". i think without it, we are even worse. Our sustained healing may have increased (more chance to get interrupted/spell locked), but then why not just bring a hpal or rsham over a rdruid for better sustained
10/23/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Fedras
10/23/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Whatkarnt
but a nerf to Tree Form Regrowth spam cheese.

unfortunately, idk if this was cheese as much as our main "oh !@#$ button". i think without it, we are even worse. Our sustained healing may have increased (more chance to get interrupted/spell locked), but then why not just bring a hpal or rsham over a rdruid for better sustained

Even on live Tree form is worse than cultivation or soul of the forest unless you want to match an enemy's incarn or vs a Mage. Good teams simply run from your tree form and you suffer from what is essentially a permanent healing penalty after that because you don't have the extra passive healing from the other two options. If you need a recovery tool in the matchup play overgrowth.

I'll gladly deal with a longer cast time in exchange for having a more mana efficient spammable heal in the new nourish. One of the big reasons Rdruids are struggling with mana atm in 3s because the baseline healing of regrowth is so weak, so while the cast time is quick we have to do so many of them to stabilize someone.

Holy Pallys shouldn't be out healing you. Rshamans do out heal us but we are more mobile and tanky. We have thorns and a different CC Dr than them so we aren't usually competing for the same spots in comps.

I think we will have a place.
I am reading this as Vortex is not baseline and will be a lvl 30 talent for both guardian and resto. Huge resto nerf.
10/23/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Iniax
I am reading this as Vortex is not baseline and will be a lvl 30 talent for both guardian and resto. Huge resto nerf.
That’s not the case. We still have vortex baseline. All the changes are up on ptr you can confirm it yourself.
Just jumped on PTR. Vortex is still baseline for Resto. Nourish doesn't appear to be scaling with mastery currently, so heals as much as a Regrowth with 2 rejuvs and a lifebloom up. Once this is up and running, could be looking at 50k~ crits (with full hots) before any form of Mortal Strike kicks in, and our blanket % healing reduction in PvP. Costs the same amount of mana as Regrowth. Overgrowth into a Nourish could work out ok.

Playing Feral Affinity (as Resto) vs a target dummy, both Shred and Rake hit significantly harder. Auto attacks and Ferocious bite the same. Rip damage now less, but easier to get a 1 or 2 cp Rip out now - great for an opener of Rake, Rip, Moonfire, Sunfire then jump into healing mode before they're out of a stun.

Very excited for Feral's cyclone though! With the new Heart of the Wild talent, i'm hitting 190k HP in bear form with 364 ilevel.
10/23/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Untaimed
Just jumped on PTR. Vortex is still baseline for Resto. Nourish doesn't appear to be scaling with mastery currently, so heals as much as a Regrowth with 2 rejuvs and a lifebloom up. Once this is up and running, could be looking at 50k~ crits (with full hots) before any form of Mortal Strike kicks in, and our blanket % healing reduction in PvP. Costs the same amount of mana as Regrowth. Overgrowth into a Nourish could work out ok.

Playing Feral Affinity (as Resto) vs a target dummy, both Shred and Rake hit significantly harder. Auto attacks and Ferocious bite the same. Rip damage now less, but easier to get a 1 or 2 cp Rip out now - great for an opener of Rake, Rip, Moonfire, Sunfire then jump into healing mode before they're out of a stun.

Very excited for Feral's cyclone though! With the new Heart of the Wild talent, i'm hitting 190k HP in bear form with 364 ilevel.

Nah mastery in general isn't working on PTR. Go test out regrowth on PTR with different amounts of hots on you. The number won't change.

I'd be surprised if Master shapeshifter feral even works because the honor talent currently isn't functional for balance or guardian affinity yet. The damage increase you were experiencing may have just been the flat increase to shred damage that cat form got.
10/23/2018 10:20 PMPosted by Whatkarnt
10/23/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Untaimed

Nah mastery in general isn't working on PTR. Go test out regrowth on PTR with different amounts of hots on you. The number won't change.

I'm surprised Master shapeshifter feral even works because it isn't for balance or guardian yet.

Regrowth is scaling with mastery for me on PTR.
So Mark of the Wild will only be for restro druids?

That isn't fair in my opinion, they have no problem staying alive compared to aa boomkin.
11/12/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Fenril
So Mark of the Wild will only be for restro druids?

That isn't fair in my opinion, they have no problem staying alive compared to aa boomkin.

It says requires druid so i believe all specs get it.
The only real change so far for Rdruid in pvp is nourish, seems more mana efficient but less likely to get off. I think 2 seconds is the longest cast of any heal in pvp currently.

So yeah, no one will ever take mark unless there is some really OP AoE or DoT Damage I don't know about.... maybe boomkin frost mage? idk....

Master Shapeshifter won't be worth it unless it works with going into boomkin as resto then coming out.

Oh i'm only talking 3s... idc about 2s.

It honestly looks like absolute #@$) that the dev team threw together. Go take a look at blizzard stock. It all just sorta makes sense.
11/12/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Wediscodisco

Master Shapeshifter won't be worth it unless it works with going into boomkin as resto then coming out.

Oh i'm only talking 3s... idc about 2s.

It honestly looks like absolute #@$) that the dev team threw together. Go take a look at blizzard stock. It all just sorta makes sense.

On live, master shapeshifter bonus (as Guardian spec) works when going into and out of boomkin form