Add this into 8.1!

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I cannot wait for the day we can choose roles. Let me elaborate. We were first locked into a spec, and if you wanted to change spec, you had to create a whole new character. Then they implemented changing between specs; this was great! I had thought of this way before it was put into practice. When I would speak of it, I was told over and over: "Know your role".
Well, here we go, let's put in another idea that seems insane. Allow for us to have choices of 3 roles; race and class; 1 tank, 1 healer, 1 dps! For example, I could be a Night Elf Mistweaver Monk(Heals), Human Protection Paladin(Tank) and a Gnome Destruction Warlock(dps); all of this on the same logged-in character. Then, yes then! Allow us to modify that as well, allow for re-spec'ing those roles. Allow for me to change(for a fair amount of gold) my Gnome Destruction Warlock, or any other roles, to a Night Elf Shadow Priest. It sounds crazy, but it adds flexibility that WoW needs, imo. Thank you.

**edited only to add space for new paragraph**
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually preferred when it was more difficult to change specs and to level / gear multiple max level characters. It's too easy for people to play fotm, feels like I'm playing a moba.
Nah they won't do it they want us to have to relevel and regear alts . .ffxiv does what you're saying and more, and does it very well but wow won't do it.
...I know this is a troll post, but it’s just so genuinely stupid that I can’t stop myself from replying. Changing race and class at whim on the same character makes literally no sense in any context of the game. It’s still an RPG.
While it has been done with MMOs such as ESO where every class can fill every role by leveling normalised weapon skills, I really can't see wow taking this direction.

I like the idea, just can't see it happening.
10/26/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Churchmouse
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually preferred when it was more difficult to change specs and to level / gear multiple max level characters. It's too easy for people to play fotm, feels like I'm playing a moba.
Probably an unpopular opinion too, but i don't think sitting in queue for hours, waiting for that one tank or healer to hit the q button, is fun.
It's just to add flexibility to the game and to add a bit of balance. I absolutely hate starting over to gain rep or to level another character. It would be easier to "Main" a character, imo.
10/28/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Snuffly
...I know this is a troll post, but it’s just so genuinely stupid that I can’t stop myself from replying. Changing race and class at whim on the same character makes literally no sense in any context of the game. It’s still an RPG.
Not a troll post, and not stupid either. FFxiv stupid, too? My mom once told me, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"; of course this doesn't count against constructive criticism.