"Thicc"

General Discussion
10/27/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Loh
10/27/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Arizaria
Alliance: <--- Our tails, KT, dwarves too, thicc

Gurrrrl i know right? Swangin them draenei tails knowin we thicc, them horde boyz lookin like WHOA

These hooves were made to /dance.

10/27/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Talbyy

I ain't got no problem spending all of my gold

Spending all your money
Thicc is the succ.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You can read my edit, but to save time. Dæmon is a word, its latin, you uneducated fool.

Daemon is an acceptable way of spelling it, Dæmon is the original correct latin way. Alt codes are letters, from other languages not the gibberish you people seem to think it is.

Also, its not daemonic, thats English trying to change words. its

Dæmonic - 1. A persistently tormenting person, force, or passion:
2. One who is extremely zealous, skillful, or diligent:

Dæmonic certainly does not have an o with a circumflex, as your name does. And while Pullman definitely popularized the spelling with the æ ligature, it's spelled "daimon" in Ancient Greek, which is where Latin acquired it from. Additionally, classical Latin didn't use ligatures to represent diphthongs. They were introduced by medieval scribes writing in Latin.

Fair enough, and would accept Daimon as well,

I already state the O is not correct, and I would rather it be, sadly on this realm my name spelled correctly is not available so thus I had to use what I had to use until that statue changes.

However, as stated once again, my name has meaning, and I will use my name period. Its not some fly by night troll name or I have a demon character I am going to use Demonic/Daemonic ect. This is my name, period, always has been always will be, every Alt I care about will also posses it with an added character.

If I cannot get my name or a close variation on a games server, I will not play that server, if I cannot get it at all, I will not play that game. It has nothing to do with the fact I am a warlock, that is just a coincidence, brought about by people who dont actually know what the word means.

10/27/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Magmir
Thicc is the succ.

And this is where my problem with the word stems from.

"CC" has a meaning, a meaning that 99.99% of the players in this game do not understand, nor should they be using that terminology.

You think its a joke, I think I have buried 17 friends fighting for the right to use that spelling. So it is seriously offensive to me, that you people think you have the right to just use it.

That spelling condones violence, and a horrible lifestyle that I fought tooth and nail to get out of. While a bunch of nerdy children feel they can emulate and joke about it, and I dont find it humorous in the slightest.
Thicc is a euphemism for fat and overweight.
10/27/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Kalorea
Thicc is a euphemism for fat and overweight.

Ahh point proven.

No part of that word, means that at all, in anyway, not the CC, not the way the word is used, where it is used, before it became a running joke, none of it.

Next you guys will be like lets "Locc their Healers down"
10/27/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Dæmônic

Dæmonic certainly does not have an o with a circumflex, as your name does. And while Pullman definitely popularized the spelling with the æ ligature, it's spelled "daimon" in Ancient Greek, which is where Latin acquired it from. Additionally, classical Latin didn't use ligatures to represent diphthongs. They were introduced by medieval scribes writing in Latin.

Fair enough, and would accept Daimon as well,

I already state the O is not correct, and I would rather it be, sadly on this realm my name spelled correctly is not available so thus I had to use what I had to use until that statue changes.

However, as stated once again, my name has meaning, and I will use my name period. Its not some fly by night troll name or I have a demon character I am going to use Demonic/Daemonic ect. This is my name, period, always has been always will be, every Alt I care about will also posses it with an added character.

If I cannot get my name or a close variation on a games server, I will not play that server, if I cannot get it at all, I will not play that game. It has nothing to do with the fact I am a warlock, that is just a coincidence, brought about by people who dont actually know what the word means.

10/27/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Magmir
Thicc is the succ.

And this is where my problem with the word stems from.

"CC" has a meaning, a meaning that 99.99% of the players in this game do not understand, nor should they be using that terminology.

You think its a joke, I think I have buried 17 friends fighting for the right to use that spelling. So it is seriously offensive to me, that you people think you have the right to just use it.

That spelling condones violence, and a horrible lifestyle that I fought tooth and nail to get out of. While a bunch of nerdy children feel they can emulate and joke about it, and I dont find it humorous in the slightest.

You fought to get out of CC? We have trinkets for that, you know.
This thread is awesome and it's not even Sunday yet.
10/27/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Yasudra
Based on your name, I don't think you should be complaining about spelling.

Ouch. Take my upvote. Please.
At least thicc is something I can spell, mister Dem...Dam... dexo... I can spell thicc without resorting to keyjumping.
Can't hate a gurl who be thicc in them right places...
10/27/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Wadget
Have you people tried googling daemon?

It literally is a word. Calling out the OP for his name is silly.

The letter ash, (ligature ae) is not actually used in the Latin alphabet transliteration of the Greek term for the Socratic spirit of inspiration, daemon. In the Greek, where it originates, it's an alpha and an iota, ai, δαίμων, daimon. And it's the iota that takes an accent, not the omega taking a circumflex.

And it's still a silly way to spell "demonic". If a name is taken, maybe it's because it's overused.

And "thicc" is overused, but there isn't a rule against that either.
More people complaining about his name than the actual topic at hand. STAY ON TOPIC!!! You're derailing the thread.
Thicc isnt going away anytime soon,people prefer to use it as a term for a curvy woman,often with thighs for days. Methinks you should pull the sticc out. And yes,I deliberately spelled stick that way. :P While you're at it eat a snickers,you become a fuddy duddy when you're hungry.

Edit- damn phone
10/27/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Shadymourne
More people complaining about his name than the actual topic at hand. STAY ON TOPIC!!! You're derailing the thread.

Irony!

I was on topic. It's a silly request from someone who already makes silly use of his keyboard.
10/27/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Tymberlea
10/27/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Wadget
Have you people tried googling daemon?

It literally is a word. Calling out the OP for his name is silly.

The letter ash, (ligature ae) is not actually used in the Latin alphabet transliteration of the Greek term for the Socratic spirit of inspiration, daemon. In the Greek, where it originates, it's an alpha and an iota, ai, δαίμων, daimon. And it's the iota that takes an accent, not the omega taking a circumflex.

And it's still a silly way to spell "demonic". If a name is taken, maybe it's because it's overused.

And "thicc" is overused, but there isn't a rule against that either.

Its not a funny way to spell demonic, because demonic and daemonic do not mean the same thing......

I do not want the name Demonic.

the O was a comprimise, the æ, is spelled like that, by me for a reason. Or did you skip over that part 6 times?

Its overused by morons, that dont even know what it means, and are trying to spell demonic.
10/27/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Gaahr
"Thicc" might be the best addition to the English lexicon since "ain't".
... no.

You can't expect people to be educated on something that obscure - ridiculing them for it is just going to make them dig their heels in. I had to specifically Google "what does the cc in thicc stand for" to find out what it was. The first time I saw the word being used, it was in reference to a pic of a hamster, so I figured it was meant to be a cute misspelling.
10/27/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Loh
10/27/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Arizaria
Alliance: <--- Our tails, KT, dwarves too, thicc

Gurrrrl i know right? Swangin them draenei tails knowin we thicc, them horde boyz lookin like WHOA
I can't resist that Draenei tail.
This guy can attacc
We must protecc
Otherwise he'll censor thicc.
10/27/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Malvalen

You can't expect people to be educated on something that obscure - ridiculing them for it is just going to make them dig their heels in. I had to specifically Google "what does the cc in thicc stand for" to find out what it was. The first time I saw the word being used, it was in reference to a pic of a hamster, so I figured it was meant to be a cute misspelling.

Well, not necessarily, because they stole the word from the gang culture, it was used by rappers, who are in that culture, and then millennial's took it and ran with it.

Just like how Lil Wayne likes to Scream Suh woop. And the same thing happens, now kids like to run around saying that word like its funny and a joke. When its literally a battle call, and to me growing up meant I was about to get shot at.

I am sure that you could understand how that could upset someone that lived that life.