Prune Voidform

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
There isn't currently a heat design in the game however I don't know if it would play well for spriest. I wouldn't want to delay casts because my heat is too high or my heat spender is on cd. Old shadow orbs at least had purpose. Maybe its a bad system but its atleast better than VF and all of the garbage talents that come with that.
How about make a talent where you can either choose Insanity or Shadow Orbs your secondary resource? So Blizzard can keep their voidform and we can have old shadow back?
10/30/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Chorong
How about make a talent where you can either choose Insanity or Shadow Orbs your secondary resource? So Blizzard can keep their voidform and we can have old shadow back?

Because many of the talents interact with Insanity it's harder than just making Shadow Orbs a talent unfortunately. What they could do is remove Insanity & Voidform entirely, then replace the L100 talents with:

Devouring Plague: Your Mind Blast & Shadow Word: Death generate Shadow Orbs, you can hold a maximum of 5 Orbs, you can spend 3 Orbs to apply a fast-ticking powerful short DoT.

Voidform: Your spells generate Insanity, at 100 Insanity you enter Voidform, gaining access to Voidbolt and a reduced cooldown on Mind Blast.

Dark Archangel: You gain cosmetic wings and deal 20% increased shadow damage for 12 seconds, 60 second cooldown.
If we got surge of darkness back with devouring plague and sw:d baseline holy splooooogee.

STM should be the void form play style, without the killing yourself part.

Other two talents can bring back our old stuff.

One can dream.
10/30/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Maybeitsroxx
There isn't currently a heat design in the game however I don't know if it would play well for spriest. I wouldn't want to delay casts because my heat is too high or my heat spender is on cd. Old shadow orbs at least had purpose. Maybe its a bad system but its atleast better than VF and all of the garbage talents that come with that.

I definitely understand the concept is not for everyone. In my particular concept the ‘heat’ mechanic only tied to Voidbolt and Void Eruption. It was set up to allow you to burst several of those spells or strech their casting out. It had no effect on casting any other spell but those two. To me that would get rid of the up and down pattern of Shadow’s damage as well as help them be more desirable in dungeon content. Here is a link to that concept: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769718109#post-1

All that being said, there are other good ideas out there. The main problem is as long as Voidform exists in its current design Shadow will be a 2nd tier dungeon DPS choice at best.
Shadow wasn't set for a rework in BFA because BFA was planned well before the problems for shadow really came to their head in legion (ToS / Antorus). Doing a major rework (Completely rebuilding a core mechanic) is entirely off the cards for a patch within an expansion.

The earliest you'd see the back of the mechanic is 9.0, that's the earliest it's ever been. I've no idea where the idea that the spec was getting a major rework in 8.1 even came from.

I don't honestly think you need to keep reminding them the mechanic is bad for long term game design, we've all been saying it (Yes even me, even the guy who keeps routinely putting ideas about reworks down, and says he liked what it was trying to achieve) for a long long time.

Ramping drain, resource gated entry, automatic resource spending combined with no usable resource spender, gated aoe damage, and inherent backloaded damage. These are terrible mechanics, they've been problems since their inception and introduction into shadow, and they hold back what could and has been a great concept in the past (Stance based resource spending, MoP-WoD meta that was so beloved).

As far as 8.1, I would certainly have liked to see more (MB VB overlap removed, SWD finding a more deserved permanent spot in the kit). But I am at least thankful that they let the mechanic breathe one last time, without increasing backloading or adding to the myriad of current problems.

What shadow needs until 9.0 isn't Triage, or some rushed major Surgery, it's Terminal aftercare.
Tired of healing! Prune voidform so that I can finally be viable as DPS!
10/31/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Hpellipsis

What shadow needs until 9.0 isn't Triage, or some rushed major Surgery, it's Terminal aftercare.

^ This.

Kill Voidform.

Save the host.
*coughs loudly, casting glances side to side*
We all love Void Form! I hope no WoW developer is here to see this!

Void Form is the best! It would truly suck if it was pruned!

*more sideways glances*

Don’t prune Void Form, Blizzard. We don’t want intuitive mechanics or smooth rotations. And the idea of going into Double Shadowform isn’t stupid at all! Not one bit!

Please don’t prune Void Form.

*checks watch, rapidly tapping the ground with a foot*

Should be any time now...
New ptr notes guys!

"We found that our attempt to make voidform feel more impactful was still not enough, so we decided to work on it a little more:

Shadow aura modifier now changed to -50% from -32%

Drain while moving in voidform increased by 100%

Damage from entering voidform increased to 50% from 20%

Removed Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, and Mind Blast

Void bolt damage increased to 300% spell power, global cooldown increased to 2.5 seconds

Mind flay damage increased to 300% spell power over 3 seconds

Void Torrent damage increased to 1000% spell power over 4 seconds

Screen now begins to spin in circles while in voidform and plays epic sax music for the entire party/raid for the duration"

....../s obviously
10/29/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Omnipotentjc
If they removed voidform and made the instacast mindblast talent baseline. Made spells like the aoe shadow word pain baseline. Made shadow word death baseline again, added fun abilities back like spectral guise. Shadow would be an awesome class to play

Also if you get rid of voidform. Could we just have a mana cost and cd for eruption. Because shadow needs aoe
Death to Voidform. Keep the dream alive, boys and girls.
I want play with shadow with my guild i want do DPS and COOL gameplay not this garbage in this moment REMOVE VOID FORM the talent tree is garbage too, i will prey everyday if Ion do this.
Gonna have to wait until 9.0.

Why even hold on to hope and faith?

Ironic since priests are practically the definition of hope/faith.
10/30/2018 05:06 AMPosted by Glowshot
10/30/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Ríverdown
I personally prefer the concept of voidform over older iterations of spriest. I played spriest in vanilla through early cata, and benched it because while I loved the immersion/looks of the spriest, the mechanics were dull to me. I've always tried to pick it back up, and it wasn't until BfA that I actually stuck it out. I never knew the golden age of Legion voidform, as all I knew was it was annoying to level with.

I think voidform can be improved upon to make it fun for raiding and out in the world, so count me in the 'keep working the voidform concept' camp.

Even the 'golden age of Legion Voidform' was broken despite the high numbers in EN with StM which is why they "fixed" it by breaking us further. The problems of Voidform had always existed even in this ahistorical golden age you conjure. The ramp-up and Void Eruption paradox, zero mobility, unintuitive and miniscule defensives, only work in like 1% of content and that's if they dysfunctionally scale up our dmg output. The mechanics of Voidform does not work with this game's meta. That is why 2 1/2 years later, they are iterating it into circles and corners.

Maybe turn it into a talent. So folks like you who run low mythic plus and 5/8 normal Uldir as an alt can play it to their heart's content cuz of how 'fun' it feels, but the majority of spriest mains I know would like this Voidform mess finally put out to pasture. Voidform was an ambitious Celesatalon experiment gone wrong. Right this mess, Blizzard.

lol, no reason to be a ****. I've been unsubbed for quite awhile, so no I haven't completed higher end content.
11/02/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Beefköw
Gonna have to wait until 9.0.

Why even hold on to hope and faith?

Ironic since priests are practically the definition of hope/faith.

The Devs aren't divine. Asking for our faith in men who put the bare minimum into their jobs is completely different than asking for faith in a fictional god like Elune.

Elune I trust. WoW Devs? Not so much.
+1

Prune it. Remove it. Delete it. Make it disappear. Revert orbs. True Shadow doesn't need void as a power source. Take it away and use for your next class if you like. Just take it away from us. Majority highly does not enjoy it.
I'd rather see continual changes to Voidform until it works and the spec is generally fun to play. The current implementation isn't there, but as a concept it's capable of adding a lot more engagement to the spec. This, and it'd be nice to see some procs added to the spec somewhere other than what's currently a single talent choice that's not even a good option.
11/02/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Qaccy
I'd rather see continual changes to Voidform until it works and the spec is generally fun to play. The current implementation isn't there, but as a concept it's capable of adding a lot more engagement to the spec. This, and it'd be nice to see some procs added to the spec somewhere other than what's currently a single talent choice that's not even a good option.

But why do you want to force us to have a mechanic we don’t enjoy? Some of us are arguing to at least sacrifice a talent spot to give you guys the damned mechanic you indescribably enjoy, in it’s full haste laden ramp up dependent carpals tunnel inducing glory no less.
11/02/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Qaccy
I'd rather see continual changes to Voidform until it works and the spec is generally fun to play.

We've been seeing continual changes to Voidform for 2 and a half years. It's iterating a mechanic that does not work with this game's meta and that is why they continue to iterate it into corners and in circles.