Casuals are ruining the game!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 21 Next
So you think the people who log in once a week pay more then those who play 40+ hours a week?

10/30/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Kîlljøy
Casual means you log in for a few hours a week

What about casuals who play 40+ hours a week?
10/30/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Draalei
So you think the people who log in once a week pay more then those who play 40+ hours a week?

10/30/2018 12:52 AMPosted by Kîlljøy
Casual means you log in for a few hours a week

Casual means you only play very little.

If you play 40+ hours a week your not casual.
10/30/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Draalei

Casual means you only play very little.

Casuals is a relative term. For some it covers the amount of time they can put into the game. Other categorize it by the content they cover

There’s disable people who have the time to put in playing 40 hours a week where they do pet battles and collect mounts and level alts and try for Loremaster

Casual by my definition, but not by yours. So who is right?
10/30/2018 01:06 AMPosted by Kîlljøy
10/30/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Tubthumping
This has always been a causal game

Always

You didn't play vanilla then and have no clue what classic is.

And if you did then you know your lying right now.

Wow was always a hardcore mmorpg.

Ya that's why in Vanilla only 25 guilds cleared/saw Naxx40 right?

which means 0.1% of the actual subs/players...

Was this good? Like do you want them to do that again? design the game based on the 0.1%?

"Lets make content for the 0.1% and ignore the rest of the world..."

Please blizzard don't listen to those people.
10/30/2018 01:08 AMPosted by Kîlljøy

I am a casual because I say I'm a casual. You have no idea who I am or how I play. You can't define me.

Always

OK, so you're a troll. Got it. Sorry for taking the bait.
Casuals is a term thrown too much to describe someone that you feel superior to, at the end of the day the people afking in warfronts are likley not casuals, just lazy, the casuals are spending their casual time productivity in game because they only have a short amount of time to do it.

It's not casuals that making the game bad, its people using the term to justify changes, its people that have nothing better to do then winge, it's the people that make things like io raider (I dont mythic I just disagree in principle so dont bother checking), its the people that rush dungeons and call everyone bad that can't keep up, its the trolls in trade chat, and the venomous and poor attitude thats around these days, and above all it's the lack of community that we once had, I could go on but I believe you get the picture now..

Of course the dev team have things to answer for as well, it's not all on the players, but no the casuals are not the ones ruining the game.
10/29/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Kïlljøÿ
LFR, warfronts and Titantforge

- Gear progression is now pointless when you can just que LFR or warfronts and afk and collect free loot.

- Casuals are rewarded for being lucky rather than being skilled with lucky titanforges.

- If you are rewarded for being bad, then what's the reward for being good?

No more prestige

- Everything is so much easier to obtain now.

- From mounts, pets, titles, pvp titles, transmogs ect.

- If everything is easily obtained then the less prestigious it becomes and the less sought after it will be.

Time gating

- Everything is rewarding you for logging for a few hours a week.

- From chests, to reputation, mission tables, weekly quests and emissaries.

- This leaves non casual players with nothing to do.

Class design

- Every class was simplified and made similar with a builder/spender rotation and a 2-3 min burst cool down.

- Many baseline abilities were removed or added as talents.

- Ion even stated they removed shadow word death for shadow priest because it was too complex for players.
(Yes , an ability that literally lights up when its time to use is too complicated!!)

- Most of the more complex abilities and talents were put into a separate pvp tree.

character stats menu

- Was simplified whereas before it would show you much more information about your characters stats.

- Now you are forced to download an addon to see what everything does from auto attack timers, to move speed to global cool down time.

Pvp templates

- Was designed to even the playing field in a mmo because casuals didn't have the time or skill to get the gear non casuals were able to obtain.
(Pvp use to have vendors that had rating requirements to receive gear.)

- Which completely ruined gear progression in pvp and made pvp much more dull and less rewarding.

I understand some people don't have much time to play but why should others suffer because of it?

Don’t blame casual gamers. Everything listed here is on blizzards shoulders. Not your fellow gamers.

Also classes were made simple for esport mythic crap.
If it wasnt for the millions of casual players and the $$$ this game would have died a long time ago. Its definately not the hardcore crew funding mythic plus design and end game raids.
No casual players = alot less content = won't still be around or would be F2P

Always

""One of the core philosophies for the game was that World of Warcraft was going to be more accessible," he says. "That was absolutely a philosophy right from the beginning, before I even came to the team. It was going to be easier to get into, it wasn't going to have the kind of foibles that other MMOs had. There wasn't going to be experience loss on death - that sort of thing."

"As we thought about it more and more, we really felt like people had an expectation of being able to do the content,"

- Tom Chilton - The Making of World of Warcraft
10/29/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Dreadmoon
SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

I'M RUINING THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!!

I CAN'T STOP, I WON'T STOP!!!

OMG Staaaup!

Honestly causals have nothing to do with the the major things that are wrong with WoW. The fact that's it's pushed "END GAME IS AAAALLL THAT MATTERS" to the point where the first tier is considered outdated content the moment the next tier is added and mine as well switch to legacy loot. Everything is about rushing players into raids and rushing them to the same level of progression, skipping them past all previous tiers in the process. Catch up mechanics aren't for casuals, it's to push raider who are lagging behind into heroic and mythic before the next tier hits and the new catch up gear hits that lets you skip the first raid entirely. Because as soon as the new raid is out, it's "ALL THAT MATTERS GOGO!" Lazy raiders or raiders who come in late who don't want to progress through content and *only* want to focus on the new tier, so they can pretend they're on par with the 1%, is what's wrong with wow.

That's what every catchup mechanic is designed for. It's so that nobody lags behind on content. it's not about causals. It's about raiders, who are now the bulk of what's left since casuals have lost more and more interest in the hyper "push to end game and the current tier raid raid raid" mentality. It's one of the reasons the player base has shrunk so much. Sure the game still has casual players, but that demographic has been dropping like flies for awhile now.
10/29/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Kïlljøÿ
Casuals play more than raiders do. Right now raiders are logging in to raid and logging off to play some other game. Casuals are farming mounts and doing other old content, because there's no casual content in BfA.

Because tweaking a class to optimize it in some raid fight at a difficulty that hardly anyone does may mean it is now less optimal for things like world content?

If you don't want to go outside, why do you feel privileged to order other players to stop playing and quit the game?

Go do some world quests if you think they ought to be good enough for other people.

When did i order anyone to do anything? did you read a single thing or just here to troll?

And hardcore players are pvpers not npc slayers.

And the npc slayers are playing all day everyday farming azerite for their neck so please stop trolling.

If you're going to be moving the goalposts from what you previously said, then the discussion is over.
Looks like this casual has far more Achievements in this game than you "Mr Hard Core", so tell me which of us is the true casual player?
10/30/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Ahhsatan
Not casuals ruining the game it's the fact the diablo 3 team is doing wow now. Literally almost everything is from diablo world quests are bounties,mythic plus is greater rifts, warforging and titanforging is ancient and primals. They are the real cause wow isn't wow anymore

it not be so bad but D3 supported this way better. stuff that made D3 rng work...not in wow.

Volume: even open world routes for farming worked good. GR pushes or roll lower GR to spam this. WoW...I can empathize with the "hardcores", I'd be upset it takes 10's of minutes per run, dealing with bad tanks/heals/dps (since they like to point fingers at each other lol) and at the end its when you find out RNG hated you. For the 50th time....

Cube and the gypsy lady: rng gave you a chance to get better...or screw you over again lol. Still, it was a 2nd shot. BFA crafting removes any chance of even alternate ways to better gear. It does not even get in the same ballpark. Is expensive to do. And rng based for stats. D3 gives mats to burn in abundance really and was hope of your uber item.
10/30/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Kîlljøy

Yea cuz wow classic is a casual game k....

It was. Vanilla was just about the most casual MMO ever seen when it launched.

You gotta be pretty bad if you ever thought WoW in any incarnation has been anything but "casual".
10/30/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Taintedbeef
10/30/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Kîlljøy

Yea cuz wow classic is a casual game k....

You gotta be pretty bad if you ever thought WoW in any incarnation has been anything but "casual".

Dying to to level 5 mobs is sooo casual.

Spending 6+ months to hit level 60 was sooo casual.

Spending 3+ months farming gear to raid was sooo casual.

Spending 50+ hours a week to get high warlord/grand marshal was casual right?

Why do you post here if you have no clue what your talking about?
10/30/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Taintedbeef

Yeah, that was casual. You're just bad.

It's cool though, you can continue to play the only game mode more irrelevant than Pet Battles here in WoW, PvP! If you had played non-casual MMOs, you could have experienced real PvP, like in DAoC. But alas, you're stuck with this waterdowned failed e-sport abomination.
10/30/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Jalen
10/30/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Orctang
...Who cares? That is not the point of the game... I am "entitled" to be complete by having titanforged bis for every piece of gear... Also, once I am complete I can unsub until the next raid or xpac... :)

I mean you quoted this one part but failed to read the rest of my post.
No, I left the rest due to inaccurate information... I know people that used to un-sub once they got all their raid gear until the next raid/xpac.

Yeah, that was casual. You're just bad.

It's cool though, you can continue to play the only game mode more irrelevant than Pet Battles here in WoW, PvP! If you had played non-casual MMOs, you could have experienced real PvP, like in DAoC. But alas, you're stuck with this waterdowned failed e-sport abomination.

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/490374507563986945

This is from the combat class designer of wow.

According to this more players pvp than pve.

Just because you play an online game to slay a npc once a week doesn't mean the rest of us do!