So why was BM hunter nerfed again?

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
Show all classes, now sort by parses. FOTM gets the nerfs.
11/07/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Sieten
Because you're ranged rogues
If you want to deal better numbers then play a class that requires you to do something else than smashing the keyboard while watching movies.

Wait, there's actually a class that requires more than smashing the keyboard while watching movies?
11/08/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Mongostatus
11/07/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Sieten
Because you're ranged rogues
If you want to deal better numbers then play a class that requires you to do something else than smashing the keyboard while watching movies.

Wait, there's actually a class that requires more than smashing the keyboard while watching movies?

Apparently so. Do let me know if you find one.
11/07/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Stottzz
11/07/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Milynde
Hunters should be crap dps in raids...they are the easiest class to solo with and shouldn't also be the easiest nor highest dps in raids, too.

Isn't affliction warlock kind of easy to solo with as well?

50% of afflock dmg isnt a pet Bot AI
Reroll warlock they are broken AF as usual. Hunters are ded
Its not really suprising.
One of the factors you are all forgetting is BM has no issue dealing with mechanics and doing dps. As the Tier goes on the other classes that are effected slowly get better at the fight thus catching up or overtaking BM.

Out of all the classes, realistically BM should always be the lowest DPS, especially on Sims that have zero movement.
11/02/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Videre
Blizzard you there? Maybe take a look at BM hunters before we fall out completely as our scaling is non-existent compared to other classes.
11/07/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Milynde
Hunters should be crap dps in raids...they are the easiest class to solo with and shouldn't also be the easiest nor highest dps in raids, too.

Yep. I play two affliction locks...they are pretty simple.
11/02/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Videre
And yet when it comes to nerfing DH due to how good their AOE is, they decide to revert and go "we need more data". How much more data do you need when there's months of data already. Meanwhile, nerf BM with 1 weeks worth.

They have good Burst aoe. Their sustained aoe is on par or worse than other unnerfed (or reverted) classes.
11/08/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Mercader

And yet all those DoTs are nothing but little pets you summon to chase and bite the enemies. Once launched you have no control over them. Look at that, Bot AI go!
Easiest class to solo?

Are we pretending that any class is particularly hard to solo with?

They're here, they're just busy reassuring melee classes (but only melee, except Ret Paladins) that they're already reverting their planned nerfs.

FTFY
No pretending needed for Ele Shamans when it comes to being hard to solo with and pvp is awful
11/09/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Yam

They're here, they're just busy reassuring melee classes (but only melee, except Ret Paladins) that they're already reverting their planned nerfs.

FTFY

Hope that includes survival spec, I really really don't want to grindup another character ever again because I am forced to.
11/08/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Videre
11/08/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Mongostatus

Apparently so. Do let me know if you find one.

I'd be looking if I could log in. After 8.0 killed my hunter I decided not to buy BFA, and I'm not re-subbing until I get word we've been fixed.
11/09/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Aynrand
11/08/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Mercader

And yet all those DoTs are nothing but little pets you summon to chase and bite the enemies. Once launched you have no control over them. Look at that, Bot AI go!

Eh its not the same. No need to explain why
11/09/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Mercader

Riiiight.

Anyways, still waiting for Blizzard for an explanation.
11/09/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Mercader

Because the dots damage isn't dependent on pet ai thus requiring even less effort and chance?

Attempts to insult BM hunters is absurd you know that right?
11/02/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Ruddypiper
Sucks to be a Hunter knowing the Devs hate your Class and despite being the designers don't even know how they function!

heh.
They should at least have the decency to warn you BEFORE you pay $60 frikking bucks for a hunter boost that they have every intention of trashing the spec within a week of your check clearing.
Id ask for a refund if it were remotely possible that theyd give it.
Bait and switch crap that cost me $60.
11/01/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Arkelion
Because a significant portion of the player base erroneously feels like they are way easier than any other class, so they can't be allowed to shine. Ever. The spec was on top for 4 days, and received 3 rounds of heavy nerfs.

The deeper we get into the expansion the more gear will scale, and the further behind they will fall =/

If this was true Dh would be bottom tier too