"Can I have X if you don't need?"

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Happened a few times now. Overgeared guy gets a drop which is an upgrade for me on boss, Send him a whisper asking him if I can have. No reply, leaves group.

Cmon dude. really? Do you realise how hard getting the right gear is currently with the azerite traits you want are?

There needs to be a in game system so if you don't need the drop you've looted you click 'offer to group' or 'auto trade' or something that gives it to someone that needs it. If 2 people need it. they roll.

Is it a case of 'fix the system' or just 'people suck.'
i just ask if i can have them for mogs, people give stuff up everytime
basically people suck but also, to be fair that gear dropped for him. he doesn't really have to give it up even if you ask
11/01/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Darkombra
Happened a few times now. Overgeared guy gets a drop which is an upgrade for me on boss, Send him a whisper asking him if I can have. No reply, leaves group.

Cmon dude. really? Do you realise how hard getting the right gear is currently with the azerite traits you want are?

There needs to be a in game system so if you don't need the drop you've looted you click 'offer to group' or 'auto trade' or something that gives it to someone that needs it. If 2 people need it. they roll.

Yeah something like a masterloot type system to prevent this type of thing hmmmm
Its their loot, they can do whatever they want with it.
No one is under any obligation to give you their loot. There's nothing to fix.
There doesn't need to be more buttons or whatever to 'fix' this, it's their loot. They can do whatever they want with it. I mean, you do want personal loot don't you?
Maybe he even wanted the mog, or he was an enchanter. Or he wanted that sweet gold
So he sucks for not replying? That's a mighty low bar there, champ.
People can ask.

.. but they also need to hear "no"

If I say "sorry I need it" that's not an invitation to debate.
What? You self entitled infant. There’s a scrapper and disenchanting in the game. Why the hell does he need to give you his gear?

Hate beggars like you. Asking is fine, but getting mad cause you don’t get it is pathetic.
1. You are not entitled to personal loot. Unless you specifically join a group that has decided to share loot drops you are not entitled to it
2. The loot may have another value. Wether it is mogs, crafting materials or gold you are not guarenteed loot cause you need to boost your ilvl when there are other values to it by other players.
A lot of people use personal loot helper addon I suggest getting it. People using it are the ones most likely to give u stuff they dont need or want. Keep in mind though people are enchanters and also people still want the explodium crap from scrapper so there are more reasons people might want their drops then just to wear it.
11/02/2018 12:05 AMPosted by Kattrika
explodium

This would have been a much better name than expulsom.
You're playing Horde, what did you expect? You thought they'd actually be nice to you?
11/01/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Darkombra

I don't loot in pug groups / LFR need those Expulsom and crystals.

Yeah i suck but i'm working with what blizz gave me take it up with them.
11/02/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Snowfox
People can ask.

In a perfect world, one could simply say "No" and that would be the end of it.

We don't live in that world. It's simply easier to remain silent and avoid the risk of potential confrontation with someone who won't accept that answer and tries to make an issue out of it.
Dude, there is already a system in place for this, we call it the human race. You're not going to teach someone empathy in WoW.
That being said, I never answer whispers for gear. It's simple, if I don't put it up for roll it's mine. I've probably given away as much gear as I've kept, but I've been called every name in the book because I don't respond to begging.
Now here you are saying you know the guy didn't need the gear and someone should force him to pay attention to you because gearing is oh so harddddddddd. Did you discuss all his gear and specs with him before you assumed he didn't want it? Did you ask him about transmog? See the point? Who wants to have those discussions over every drop? No one. Maybe you should examine your own behavior before trying to force other people to change theirs.
11/02/2018 12:02 AMPosted by Snowfox
People can ask.

In a perfect world, one could simply say "No" and that would be the end of it.

We don't live in that world. It's simply easier to remain silent and avoid potential confrontation without someone who won't accept the answer and tries to make an issue out of it.

Well, I'm pretty good at saying no without saying no.

It went like this:

Them: Hey you need [the thing]?
Me: Sorry, I do :(
Them: You sure? It's one of the pieces I need.
Me: Sorry :(
Them: You don't even really need it.
Them: C'mon.
Them: ?
11/02/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Teneea
11/02/2018 12:05 AMPosted by Kattrika
explodium

This would have been a much better name than expulsom.

My guild says the same thing cuz explodium is how i say it in disc too and everyone likes that name better
I mean yeah no one is obligated to help anyone but I don't understand why anyone wouldnt, especially since we all know one day RNG will not favor us and we might depend on the kindness of another player to get a piece of gear or an upgrade