"Can I have X if you don't need?"

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
I gave away loot in LFR for awhile but now I just DE it. I should atleast make some gold from that shiz show.
11/02/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Gronn
11/02/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Yasudra

The system is fine. You don't know if he was an enchanter or needed it for tmog or wanted to scrap it for mats OR if he just wanted to sell it for gold.

He got the item, it's his. You asked for it, and you didn't get it. Move on.

And whats wrong with a reply? I swear its as if you people forgot to human. Human.exe has stopped working.

Is that the complaint? I thought the ask was for a system where you could more easily request and get gear that OP feels should go to him.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

In a perfect world, one could simply say "No" and that would be the end of it.

We don't live in that world. It's simply easier to remain silent and avoid potential confrontation without someone who won't accept the answer and tries to make an issue out of it.

Well, I'm pretty good at saying no without saying no.

It went like this:

Them: Hey you need [the thing]?
Me: Sorry, I do :(
Them: You sure? It's one of the pieces I need.
Me: Sorry :(
Them: You don't even really need it.
Them: C'mon.
Them: ?

this is mine
Me: Sorry, I do
Me: <ADDED THEM TO IGNORE>
AUTORESPONSE: Wally is ignoring you
Asking is fine, them not giving it to you is also fine. If i don't need something, i always hand it off to someone, but that doesn't mean i have to do that. I know a lot of higher level geared people run LFR to scrap stuff for expulsion.
I don't care either way. If I get something I don't need, I give it away if asked. I don't get upset if people don't though, as they may have their reasons for keeping it, whether for DE, Xmog or just gold. It's their drop to do with as they please.

I do like the OPs idea of a system that lets you put it up for a group roll if you don't need it though.
I never ask, but sometimes someone will just open a trade window and give me a piece I need. That's cool when that happens :)
11/02/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Wally
Well, I'm pretty good at saying no without saying no.

It went like this:

Me: Sorry, I do :(
Me: Sorry :(
Them: C'mon.

this is mine
Me: Sorry, I do
Me: <ADDED THEM TO IGNORE>
AUTORESPONSE: Wally is ignoring you
Wanna know 2 I got in Legion:

Player: If anyone gets Item A. I need.
*I get Item A. Which turns out to be a transmog I need*
Player: Do you need that?
Me: Yes.
Player: Can I have?
Me: No. I said I needed it. For transmog.
*I leave raid and get into another with that same person*
Player: Can I have.
Me: NO
*player opens trade and I closed it*
Player: ?
*I ignored him and then Player 2 Opens trade. Thus I block trade*
Player: ??
*puts player on ignore*

--------Now to the second one-------

Gets a transmog I needed.
Player: I need it. Can I have.
Me: No. Sorry but it's a transmog I need.
Player: ?
*I leave raid after we finish and logged off for the day. When I came back on I saw I had mail*
Player mailed me: *nice version here but it was a bad one they really sent* I said I need that gear. Why didn't you give me that gear. You didn't need it.
I was in a normal Uldir last night the raid leader was like checking people to see if they needed the item they got and if they didn't roll it off he kicked them out the group.
Loot that someone gets from Personal Loot, especially in LFR, is theirs to do what they wish with. If they want to use it for an upgrade or another spec, they're more than entitled to it. If they want the transmog, all theirs. If they just want to vendor / de / scrap it, well, that's their prerogative! Or if they decide they want to give it away, perfectly fine!

You're right to ask, but you're not right to be upset if they don't respond. If they don't respond, chances are it's because they don't want to give it to you.

I just hope you don't use that addon that sends an automated message. I hate that bloody addon. So impersonal. It's petty I know but I make it a point to not respond to people who use that automated message. Usually happy to give out gear, but not if they use that addon.
While I do agree that them not saying anything is a douche move, that does not mean they have to give you their loot.

It dropped for them, they can do what ever they want with it. They could even use it to even out their bag space and there's not a damn thing you can say or do about it.
11/02/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Mikazaki
You're playing Horde, what did you expect? You thought they'd actually be nice to you?
At least horde can clear content that can drop loot :).
Tank in a group I was in tried to hold the group hostage because I wouldnt give him a belt that rolled a socket.

Kicked him and moved on. Why I dont ask in group if someone needs any of my drops. Just inspect and give to who I think needs it most.

And if that person happens to be me? To bad.
11/01/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Darkombra
Happened a few times now. Overgeared guy gets a drop which is an upgrade for me on boss, Send him a whisper asking him if I can have. No reply, leaves group.

Cmon dude. really? Do you realise how hard getting the right gear is currently with the azerite traits you want are?

There needs to be a in game system so if you don't need the drop you've looted you click 'offer to group' or 'auto trade' or something that gives it to someone that needs it. If 2 people need it. they roll.

Is it a case of 'fix the system' or just 'people suck.'

This one needs a permanent ban.
11/02/2018 04:22 AMPosted by Ryuk
I ask for loot sometimes. All I need to hear is "no I need it" or just a "no" will be fine. Just respond. It takes 2 seconds to tell me no. I can take no for an answer but silence is a jerk move.
What if you get whispered by 4-5 people as is the case a lot?

You ask for decency yet you fail to see it from the other side. Extremely selfish and entitled behavior.

Loot should be like the army, don’t ask don’t tell. Jokes.

But no just because you asked - due to your need for something, good on you - you took ur shot. But in no way does not responding mean the other person has no decency. If you actually believe that - you have an extremely High level of self importance and need to be less of a child.
11/01/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Darkombra
Happened a few times now. Overgeared guy gets a drop which is an upgrade for me on boss, Send him a whisper asking him if I can have. No reply, leaves group.

Cmon dude. really? Do you realise how hard getting the right gear is currently with the azerite traits you want are?

There needs to be a in game system so if you don't need the drop you've looted you click 'offer to group' or 'auto trade' or something that gives it to someone that needs it. If 2 people need it. they roll.

Is it a case of 'fix the system' or just 'people suck.'

Alot of overgeared players are there for mog or mats. I only step into LFR if I am farming the mog.
I've got multiple specs to feed. My druid is checking for healing, tanking and feral gear. I will absolutely offer it up if I'm 100% sure I don't need it, but if I have a doubt, it's staying with me. I don't have time to parse every stat when I'm mid-raid.
11/02/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Ryuk
You people are so sensitive about LFR/LFD gear.
You would be too if the world quest gear (seemingly your forte) was tradeable too. Do real content first, before expecting others who do it to give it away.
They have no obligation to give it to you, for me if its LFR loot etc im disenchanting it right in front of them saying now that you say something I'm going to DE/Sell it >:D ya im evil
"Question. What if I see something that I wanna take and it belongs to someone else?"
"Then you will be arrested."
"But what if I want it more than the person who has it?"
"Still illegal."
"That doesn't follow. No, I want it more, sir. Do you understand me? What are you laughing at? What? I can't have a discussion with this gentleman?"

―Rocket Raccoon and Rhomann Dey.
11/02/2018 06:01 AMPosted by Gronn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The system is fine. You don't know if he was an enchanter or needed it for tmog or wanted to scrap it for mats OR if he just wanted to sell it for gold.

He got the item, it's his. You asked for it, and you didn't get it. Move on.

And whats wrong with a reply? I swear its as if you people forgot to human. Human.exe has stopped working.

It’s virtue signaling like this that is really pathetic.

Oh he didn’t reply to me begging - where the humanity?

Yet you are here calling people a POS, socially inept and pariahs because they didn’t Give you a response?

Really? Are you that severely insecure? It sure sounds like you are the one with social issues if that light perceived sleight makes you cry for humanity.

Get off your high horse - labelling people because they don’t agree with you is the true slums of human behavior.

Get your ego in check.