Blizzcon letdown?

General Discussion
11/02/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Padgarre
I'm pretty sad. I feel like Blizzard is out of ideas. Nothing presented felt epic/amazing to me at all. Sure it's good they support what games they already have, but it's like a Christmas where mom and dad couldn't afford much. It's sad but at least we have each other. :(

I don't feel like they're out of ideas.

They just don't care about new ideas or doing things better.
11/02/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Stohliak
Yes, this is the worst BLizzcon to date.

nothing of substance in this blizzcon, nothing exciting.

Classic, meh.

Diablo Mobile.....LOL this is a fail.

BfA news.....bad.

HotS news?? Bad

OW....Who cares.

WC3.....Meh.

This is bad. Time to see the stocks drop more.
LAG/FPS BAD LOL
It was worth $50 dollars to watch the Diablo devs get roasted
11/02/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Sumtingwong
I'm with you there. Opening ceremony a time for major announcements, and we get....
1) new made up hero for hots
2) xeratul for sc2
3) nothing we didn't already know about wow
4) oooh Diablo for switch, lol

Forgot a new diablo game...

For mobile, that doesn't even get a PC port. Lmao.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyImpossibleCoyoteYouWHY

As you can see, it went over really well with the community.
It's a letdown every year. Not sure what rock you have been living under.
Anyone else wondering if Blizzard is reconsidering doing a Blizcon every year after this?
11/02/2018 02:10 PMPosted by Bladeswitch
It was worth $50 dollars to watch the Diablo devs get roasted

Why? They don't choose what games they get to make. The Dev's made D3 a great game, it is Blizzard higher ups that abandoned the game and its fans.
11/02/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Hamstar
The Dev's made D3 a great game, it is Blizzard higher ups that abandoned the game and its fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
Not sure what you were expecting. Not only is it a middle year (no WoW xpac announcement) they also made posts and such telling people not to get their hopes up too much.
HD Warcraft 3 how are you not happy about that BFA has had me wanting to replay the Warcraft games so updated versions are amazing.
where's the schedule for Blizzcon? looks like they redesigned the layout making finding the panel more difficult to find, Audio Technical difficulties and I couldn't even watch 1080p, I had to dial it down 576p because of so much lag, not to mention a new President of Blizzard that most of don't even like and cant even route the fans and deliver a presentation effectively.
We're like 4 hours in, man. Let's hear the Q&As at least before deciding it's a total failure.
11/02/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Voxplaga
Not sure what you were expecting. Not only is it a middle year (no WoW xpac announcement) they also made posts and such telling people not to get their hopes up too much.

To clarify, they said this would be a Blizzcon with Diablo as its centerpiece. Naturally, this drummed up a lot of hype. Were we finally going to get Diablo 4? The internet exploded about it. And then they walked it back, saying no Diablo 4 and don't get your hopes up too much.

This just goes to show that we expected a lot more from Blizzard than they had interest in delivering. Now the Blizzard downward trend is fast becoming a landslide into mediocrity.
Opening ceremony was excellent. Seeing the excitement in the crowd makes all the nasty whiny threads here a lie. Blizzard is still the best.

The cinematic voice actors panel...wow. Had me smiling and then in tears...awesome stuff. Anduin, Slyvanas, Jaina, Catherine, Talanji, Rokhan, Bwonsamdi, and Nora the turtle lady. Amazing.

This is why I pay for the virtual ticket every year and it's totally worth it.