Relative War Mode Rewards Coming

War Mode and World PvP
Ion confirms that they'll try to offset the "under-represented faction at any particular time" with more rewards. No concrete numbers yet.
Hey, it's affecting PVE, they have to fix it.

What they need to do is to adjust the bonus to give each faction the same amount. If fewer from a faction are doing dailies in war mode, they get more bonus ... potentially massively more.

This should give the Alliance PVE raiding guilds an opportunity to even the odds with Horde PVE raiding guilds. Which I'm sure is Blizzard's motivation.
I doubt dragging in PvE guilds that may not want to PvP is the idea behind War Mode in general, let alone this change.
Interesting. As it stands warmode is just not super appealing when I want to do world quests since depending on the quest it can be a literal flood of horde nonstop.
From MMO Champ
"War Mode will reward a faction more based on how many people are participating."

So Horde will be rewarded even more.......
11/02/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Balanor
I doubt dragging in PvE guilds that may not want to PvP is the idea behind War Mode in general, let alone this change.

Irrespective of whether it was the original idea behind war mode, it's a fact that many mythic raiders originally felt that doing world quests in war mode was pretty much mandatory because of the extra 10%, as evidenced by their whine threads when mythic dungeons were first opening. Now it's a reason to reroll Horde instead.

Blizzard has promised that cross realm raiding would depend on a certain amount of raid progression on Alliance side first. That suggests that they are motivated to balance PVE, even if they don't care about PVP. With sufficient incentive - to take an extreme example, if the bonus were say 200% instead of 10% - raid guilds would organize coordinated groups of 5 mans to do their dailies and emissaries.
1) Too little too late. The vast majority of alliance who have disabled warmode have forgotten the mode even exists. It's already snowballed to an extreme and there's no undoing that.

2) Increasing the incentives (i.e. bribes for enabling warmode) is the dumbest way to go about addressing this. Incentives were never the issue with warmode.
11/02/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Balanor

For WPvPing there’s no need to be in PvP guild just in a correct community channel.
11/02/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Wintel
2) Increasing the incentives (i.e. bribes for enabling warmode) is the dumbest way to go about addressing this. Incentives were never the issue with warmode.

Depends on what they think they're addressing.

If they're trying to address loss of player base as Alliance PVP players give up on the game, you're right, this is the wrong way to address it. Better would be to permit Call to Arms completion in more zones, and provide it more frequently to the faction with fewer people in war mode.

If they're trying to address PVE raiding imbalance due to Horde getting 10% more Azerite than Alliance, this is the right approach.
11/03/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Yarrow
11/02/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Wintel

Depends on what they think they're addressing.

If they're trying to address loss of player base as Alliance PVP players give up on the game, you're right, this is the wrong way to address it. Better would be to permit Call to Arms completion in more zones, and provide it more frequently to the faction with fewer people in war mode.

If they're trying to address PVE raiding imbalance due to Horde getting 10% more Azerite than Alliance, this is the right approach.

And that still would'nt change anything. Because gear means nothing in pvp - you get better gear faster in pve and Island Expeditions is the most effecient way to collect azerite.

They should just have war mode on all the time and remove the bonuses.
Rewards won't matter unless they fix the underlying causes and problems like ganking continuing, if they make the xp increase EVEN MORE it'll be EVEN MORE OF A PROBLEM.

Because people that are either COMPLETELY Not interested in PvP are doing it for the XP right now and that's where the biggest problem lies.
11/02/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Telchar
From MMO Champ
"War Mode will reward a faction more based on how many people are participating."

That's not what that statement means. It doesn't say " War Mode will reward the faction that is participating more."
11/05/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Balanor
From MMO Champ

That's not what that statement means. It doesn't say " War Mode will reward the faction that is participating more."

Let's hope, anyway.
11/05/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Yarrow
11/05/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Balanor

Let's hope, anyway.

It would be beyond bizarre for it to go that way. I can't fathom the logic behind it.
War Mode: Just another band-aid fix brought to you by Activision, the company formally known as Blizzard.
From MMO Champ

Why would they ever do that? It would be like the BG enlistment bonus, which Alliance gets
11/05/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Jugajr
From MMO Champ

Why would they ever do that? It would be like the BG enlistment bonus, which Alliance gets
Some of us have low confidence in Blizzard's ability to fix warmode.

I don't think the developers quite understand the problem or how to fix it. Showering Alliance with more rewards for participating in warmode isn't going to help when any Alliance who actually DO turn on warmode are instantly slaughtered, can't get anything done, and don't get any rewards anyways.
11/05/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Mistwynd
11/05/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Jugajr

Some of us have low confidence in Blizzard's ability to fix warmode.

I don't think the developers quite understand the problem or how to fix it. Showering Alliance with more rewards for doing isn't going to help when any Alliance who actually DO turn on warmode are instantly slaughtered, can't get anything done, and don't get any rewards anyways.
Look for groups in the group finder. Always plenty in the custom channel. Or keep with the defeatist attitude, that works too.
11/05/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Jugajr
...Some of us have low confidence in Blizzard's ability to fix warmode.

I don't think the developers quite understand the problem or how to fix it. Showering Alliance with more rewards for doing isn't going to help when any Alliance who actually DO turn on warmode are instantly slaughtered, can't get anything done, and don't get any rewards anyways.
Look for groups in the group finder. Always plenty in the custom channel. Or keep with the defeatist attitude, that works too.
The group finder probably works fine if you're feeling like organized team PVP and want to go stomp some horde.

But if you just want to get your WQs done, why bother?
11/05/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Jugajr
...Some of us have low confidence in Blizzard's ability to fix warmode.

I just looked and I see no group finder groups for war mode dailies or emissaries. When I form a group for these, they rarely get takers, except that a group for the Call to Arms will fill quickly on Tuesday nights only.