Relative War Mode Rewards Coming

War Mode and World PvP
11/02/2018 09:19 PMPosted by Wintel
1) Too little too late. The vast majority of alliance who have disabled warmode have forgotten the mode even exists. It's already snowballed to an extreme and there's no undoing that.

2) Increasing the incentives (i.e. bribes for enabling warmode) is the dumbest way to go about addressing this. Incentives were never the issue with warmode.

I don't have it on as alliance. What's the point? Besides "fun." It might be fun if it were very evenly sharded and was like original SS/TM, Crossroads, or even the objectives-oriented stuff in TBC. As it is now - seeming to revolve around ganking or getting ganked while questing - it just sounds really stupid.
I mean there are objectives... getting the title and killing the bounties. It's just very shallow right now...

Something like Halaa would be nice
What I'm curious about is how Blizz plans on "rewarding" players like myself: Max level, exalted with all new factions (not including any new ones intro'd in 8.1). That right there makes more xp bonus/rep bonus a weak "reward."
Blizz, throw some CP as rewards somehow more than it is now. At least those of us maxed out can strive for something. The Conquest system has so much potential in wpvp. They called them "Conquest" Points why? Blizz, let us actually conquer something!! I don't feel like a conqueror right now as it stands.
Azerite bonus? meh. Islands do that very well for me. And doesn't take a lot of time to do it either.
I personally don't wpvp for rewards necessarily, but a progression of sorts would be nice.
Whatcha got Blizz?
11/14/2018 07:33 AMPosted by Vyxxis
What I'm curious about is how Blizz plans on "rewarding" players like myself: Max level, exalted with all new factions (not including any new ones intro'd in 8.1). That right there makes more xp bonus/rep bonus a weak "reward."

I hear ya. As a temporary factor I think the new incursions might spark something along with the add reward bonus. Those are technically world quests, and if Legion is an indicator they should have better rewards than normal WQs (at first). They also implied the the incursions should spark some substantial WPvP, which is encouraging at least that they are thinking about that aspect.

That said, WQs are almost always a temporary priority for people as they get their rewards, and then they become a "maybe I'll do an emissary today" thing. I think a more robust system needs to be expanded on here.
I've posted this before but I'll do it again:

Add back in "Warden Towers" like Legion had. Make them a WQ per day that awards some honor and some Conquest. Both of those currencies go towards a system that has a long trail to it, ensuring people will be doing them for a while. This will also create wpvp hot spots for those that are looking for the other faction. This would create a lot more engagement in the zones and give people more to do.