PR speak is becoming very annoying...

Classic Discussion
Fans: "Will there be sharding in Classic?"

Blizzard Employee: "Excellent question! We at Blizzard love our fans and truly respect your passion and appreciate you bringing up this VERY important topic! We love your passion and we hear you! We are listening and we know how important it is for community to remain intact in order to deliver that AUTHENTIC classic experience. Because we at Blizzard, understand how important it is to the community for an AUTHENTIC experience and in order to deliver that AUTHENTIC experience to you we are exploring any and all possibilities we can in order to mitigate anything that would be detrimental to that AUTHENTIC community experience. It is important to recognize though that sharding is being confused with other similar systems that we are experimenting with in order to deliver that AUTHENTIC experience we know our passionate community needs!"

Fans: "Sooooooo is it gonna be in Classic?"
It works so why wouldn't they keep doing it?
You're just figuring this out NOW? I've been saying it for a year.
Welcome to dealing with a publicly traded company.
Clearly Sharding saves the company money somehow. They know nobody wants it and it's terrible for the game. They're going ahead with it anyway and trying to disguise it. Full Damage Control Mode.
11/03/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Starman
You're just figuring this out NOW? I've been saying it for a year.

More so, just becoming more frustrated with it. Especially because I expected it for the first months...but they already have a release date "time frame" and they still aren't willing to take on those hard questions with any real direct responses.

I felt that by now...we would have some stronger stances from blizzard. Perhaps that would a judgement fault of mine.
11/03/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Igotsoul
Clearly Sharding saves the company money somehow. They know nobody wants it and it's terrible for the game. They're going ahead with it anyway and trying to disguise it. Full Damage Control Mode.

Classic runs on the modern servers. The very infrastructure design of the servers were permanently changed to enable CRZ and sharding. And they know Classic will have a fast dropoff rate. So they're keeping it in so a few months after release it won't seem as dead as it really will be.
11/03/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Clioneds
I felt that by now...we would have some stronger stances from blizzard. Perhaps that would a judgement fault of mine.

If you asked the PR arm of any company what color the sky is, they'll talk about how their customers are happy with the color we have, without saying "blue".

A year ago I told you they left items intentionally vague and you wanted to argue against me.

Now you get it.
11/03/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Starman
11/03/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Clioneds

If you asked the PR arm of any company what color the sky is, they'll talk about how their customers are happy with the color we have, without saying "blue".

A year ago I told you they left items intentionally vague and you wanted to argue against me.

Now you get it.

I suppose I did, I suppose that is my fault for believing that words have meaning in this new age where everyone wants to believe they are a lawyer.

That ones on me.

Authentic...I would never imagine that word could be said with sharding in the same sentence. Not in my wildest dreams could I have ever imagined Blizzards idea of Authentic, could include sharding.
The problem is that people don't hold them accountable with questions like the Red shirt guy did yesterday on the diablo panel.

Interrupt them when they feed you a line of crap and point out that they aren't answering the question. It's a Q+A.... You are interrogating them for information. It's your own damn fault if you let them slide on PR answers like that... ("you" in this case being a generalized "whoever is asking the questions" thing, not anyone in this thread specifically thing)

Moderators in political debates never actually do that either, and it drives me crazy.
This is what happens when you're lead developer is a former lawyer.
11/03/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Classicsoon
This is what happens when you're lead developer is a former lawyer.

Everyone these days seem to want to be a lawyer, or at least be as dishonest in a clever type of way as a lawyer.

Words, simply have no meaning anymore. It's pretty sad.