Most Balanced PvP Season

Arenas
Just curious, I know there are some ppl here who played WoW for a long time.

But had we ever had a PvP season where majority of the specs had a T1 comp?

Discuss.
Believe it or not, I think Legion might have been pretty close to the top on the front of most specs having a T1 comp.
Season 15 and season 18 (final season of mop and wod) respectively stand out in my mind as ones that had the most ability to play diverse classes and specs and still be successful. That said of course it’s never been “balanced” enough that everyone could agree it was perfect but those seasons are as close as it gets for me from memory.
s15 imo, there were some absurdly busted things but every class and pretty much every spec could play the game without feeling like a sandbag
Not this one.
Season 9 cata imo. Cata's main problem with balancing was pve gear overpowering pvp gear(especially during dragon soul).

Ignoring pve gear I want to say 10/11.
11/04/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Fox
Believe it or not, I think Legion might have been pretty close to the top on that front.

I don’t agree with this at all. Some specs were complete trash in legion and totally non viable. People should be able to play the SPEC they want, not be forced to play a certain one of their main class
11/04/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Cyllinix
Season 9 cata imo.

LOL A DK WOULD THINK THAT.

S9 cata was so busted.

I'd have to say S7, S15, and S18.

I kind of want to say Cataclysmic too. Lots of comps, even double healer and triple dps. Not that those are good for the game just in terms of sheer variety. S11 was nutty. It wasn't just 1 triple dps too there were multiple good triple dps comps.

Actually, CATA TR would be my nomination in this sense. S9 cata gear, on the much better balanced s10/s11 patch. iirc
Believe it or not, I think Legion might have been pretty close to the top on that front.

Rsham Boomy Spriest pulling 400k dps each while never casting would like a word with you.

Also pre nerf Rdruid/x/x would also like a word

Also, reasons.

The best season in the history of arena was arena s1 in TBC because nobody knew what they were doing and quite literally anything was viable.
11/04/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Trafficz
The best season in the history of arena was arena s1 in TBC because nobody knew what they were doing and quite literally anything was viable.

I'll agree with this too. Can't go wrong with the chaos of ignorance. everyone just trying out !@#$.
11/04/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Vãrick
11/04/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Cyllinix
Season 9 cata imo.

LOL A DK WOULD THINK THAT.

S9 cata was so busted.

I'd have to say S7, S15, and S18.

I kind of want to say Cataclysmic too. Lots of comps, even double healer and triple dps. Not that those are good for the game just in terms of sheer variety. S11 was nutty. It wasn't just 1 triple dps too there were multiple good triple dps comps.

I played hunter and warrior in s9 cata.
if dh was never added legion would have been hella balanced up until prepatch imo.
S2-3 of BC was good
S7 Wrath

ummmm maybe s14?
11/04/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Cyllinix
I played hunter and warrior in s9 cata.

That's not even remotely redeeming. Both of those classes were free titles in s9. Mostly because they paired up in KFC.

The point is season 9 wasn't balanced. IDC what you played. S9 was a mess. RMP had Bloodlust ffs.

S9 was the birth of KFC, and the birth of Prenerf Smokebomb. S9 had Prenerf Unheeded warning, so rogues would procl ike 900 extra mainhand weapon damage and crit 28k ambushes on 110k health pools. Wasn't there some absolutely broken warrior PvE trinket too? And s9 was also before they nerfed recuperate, so rogues were virtually immortal. I think it double dipped on mastery or something.

I remember some healer being absolutely immortal for some reason in s9 too. Can't think of which one. Gonna assume it was Rdruid, because they disappeared for the rest of the expansion.
I remember after dragon soul was out you couldn’t play the game without a god damn pve weapon because everyone was running around with these god damn procs that were insane
End of cata minus the pve gear, end of mop i guess was pretty meh, end of legion was fairly balanced too.

Generally last season of every expansion is the most balanced and the first season of the next expansion is the most unbalanced.
Cata AT
11/04/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Yazsnargae

I don’t agree with this at all. Some specs were complete trash in legion and totally non viable. People should be able to play the SPEC they want, not be forced to play a certain one of their main class
He asked what seasons had the most viable T1 specs... a lot of the previous expansions did not have as many options as there are now. No not every spec was t1, but the majority of classes had at least 1 t1 comp.

11/04/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Trafficz

Rsham Boomy Spriest pulling 400k dps each while never casting would like a word with you.

Also pre nerf Rdruid/x/x would also like a word

Also, reasons.

I wasn't saying the best season, I was saying the season with the most t1 viable specs. Best season imo would be wotlk season 8, but that doesn't mean the most comp diversity.
s10, people just dont know because no one played it

they reset mmr 1/4 into the season so no one could catch up
WOTLK season during icecrown citadel for sure.