8.1 Monks

Monk
Good Morning

So im bring my Monk back into the fold and when i play a class i enjoy playing all specs of that class and wondering how Monks are looking in 8.1

Brewmaster, Getting a little nerf to Stagger but nothing major so seems it will be fine.

Mistweaver, Getting a little nerf to healing but seems fine.

Mistweaver, Also seems to be getting a nerf??? They are no where to be seen and getting a nerf?

Have i got this right?
I believe you meant Windwalker when you said they are no where to be seen. As for 8.1 there was a nerf to some abilitys but an aura buff that was supposed to 'buff' to cover that.

There was a new round of changes for 8.1 PTR released and our FoF is being increased by an additional 70% main target (from 531% attack power to 603% attack power) and the secondary cleave is also being increased by 35% (from 265% attack power to 301% attack power). This is fairly nice especially if we are still going to be getting the flat damage buff from the aura change although im not exactly sure the % on that at this point.

I only play Windwalker so I can only speak on that regard though and cannot supply any numbers for the other specs.
11/07/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Chiyo
I believe you meant Windwalker when you said they are no where to be seen. As for 8.1 there was a nerf to some abilitys but an aura buff that was supposed to 'buff' to cover that.

There was a new round of changes for 8.1 PTR released and our FoF is being increased by an additional 70% main target (from 531% attack power to 603% attack power) and the secondary cleave is also being increased by 35% (from 265% attack power to 301% attack power). This is fairly nice especially if we are still going to be getting the flat damage buff from the aura change although im not exactly sure the % on that at this point.

I only play Windwalker so I can only speak on that regard though and cannot supply any numbers for the other specs.

they are trying to move our dmg from being around 30-40% in karma and TOD down to id assume around the 15-20% figure and put the missing dmg into our rotation and it makes me really happy for the direction this is going.
I am glad for this change. More sustain and less TOD taking us from meh to OMG where did that damage come from in raids. I am also very glad of the Karma change because I just had such a hard time using it as an offensive ability rather than a defensive.
these arent buffs they are just reverting the nerfs from last week
MW nerf will be more noticeable in M+. Wish they'd also reduce the mana cost to compensate, we're the most mana starved healer in the game.
11/07/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Daddiwarbuck
these arent buffs they are just reverting the nerfs from last week

They removed the FoF nerf but didn't change back the aura so it's a net buff atm.
11/07/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Sifu
MW nerf will be more noticeable in M+. Wish they'd also reduce the mana cost to compensate, we're the most mana starved healer in the game.

Monk isn't any more or less mana hungry than any other healer. In M+ mana also is a non issue when the healer realizes they can drink between pulls. Any healer can run out of mana fast if they dont play well.

EnvMist nerf will only be noticed in m+ and even then it's tiny. We are safe.
I welcome any change to the class right now.
11/07/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Benjiru
I welcome any change to the class right now.
11/07/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Berusein
I am glad for this change. More sustain and less TOD taking us from meh to OMG where did that damage come from in raids. I am also very glad of the Karma change because I just had such a hard time using it as an offensive ability rather than a defensive.

using it offensively is very toxic doing things like purposely standing in mechanics to maintain dps is not healthy or even taunting the boss to get a few hits in on you to maximize karma. its just bad in every form of pve. im so glad its steering away from this.
My monk is better for mana than my druid at least for me
11/10/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Pcworgen
My monk is better for mana than my druid at least for me

Most mana problems can be solved by having your raid/group take less dmg by learning the fights/mechanics, or the healer playing better in general. This can be done in many ways such as taking the proper talents (mana tea if you plan to vivify spam / Lifecycles if you Env moretank heal / kick if you can spare lots of globals+use the mana), not over using certain spells (env/vivify), trusting and coordinating with your other healers (tank healing+cooldowns), etc.

There are also trinkets such a Fangs and DmD:Tides that'll help out though and making sure to carry mana potions of both kinds will help if people want more regen/mana. ( get one off in every fight if you can ) In the end it wont fix huge problems caused by playing poorly or raid groups missing tons of mechanics.