What will the Alliances "choice" be?

General Discussion
The Horde get a choice in their campaign it seems, I won't spoil it, but they talked about it at Blizzcon and even referenced the "removing of the shoulder slot" by the community led them to allow for more agency.

So where is the Alliance's agency? Do they have any choices upcoming in their story? I hope they allow Alliance players to shape their own story.
Alliance get to choose how much they love Anduin on a scale of 1-10. Ten being a whole lot, one being a whole bunch.
11/07/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Dammekos
Alliance get to choose how much they love Anduin on a scale of 1-10. Ten being a whole lot, one being a whole bunch.

Sadly enough, this probably sums it up.
11/07/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Menard
The Horde get a choice in their campaign it seems, I won't spoil it, but they talked about it at Blizzcon and even referenced the "removing of the shoulder slot" by the community led them to allow for more agency.

So where is the Alliance's agency? Do they have any choices upcoming in their story? I hope they allow Alliance players to shape their own story.

They get to chose how much they like third rate stories written by interns.

I was asking myself this same question when I found out. Giving players a choice in narrative is fantastic and all, but they really ought to be fleshing out both sides. I play both, but there's a lot of players that don't.
Our choice will be to assist The Horde rebels or to aid The Horde rebels.

Aiding the rebels will provide a robotic cat toy which you won't get if you choose to simply assist them.
We don't get a choice, Anduin has been corrupted by the old gods. We have been under his influence since the start of this expansion. We've been mind controlled by him, there is no need for choice or thought, why else is it so easy for me to go slay my Shaman brothers I fought the Legion with?

We've been raising an army to stop the real threat to the Void, the Horde, we the Alliance are their pawns.
11/07/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Aotabo
We don't get a choice, Anduin has been corrupted by the old gods. We have been under his influence since the start of this expansion. We've been mind controlled by him, there is no need for choice or thought, why else is it so easy for me to go slay my Shaman brothers I fought the Legion with?

We've been raising an army to stop the real threat to the Void, the Horde, we the Alliance are their pawns.

This dwarf might be onto something..

I doubt he's been corrupted fully, but maybe he's being misled toward that goal. It could be voices which he thinks represent the light, or maybe the Void went after his advisors instead. Genn, for example, or the Windrunner sister who suggested they recruit VOID-TOUCHED ELVES.

Let us trust in Blizzard's masterful writing to dazzle us like never before.
You get to choose whether or not you want to pay for a faction change to the Horde.
Their choice will be if they want to look three stooges bad, or just dumb and dumber bad. Either way, ur gonna get a crap sandwich with extra pickle.

You and I know there isn't any.

Not that Blizz care.
I just redid the Horde intro on one of my alts.

The alliance couldn't be more pathetic in it. You 'sneak' into the most secure facility they have, spring their biggest prisoners, then single handedly slaughter your way out of the city while Jaina acts like an idiot.

My guess is our choices will be:

The horde arrives, do you:

a) Scream like a baby and hide under a table?
b) trip over your own shoes and knock yourself unconscious?
11/07/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Averyx

You and I know there isn't any.

Not that Blizz care.

no, you have a choice to faction transfer.
The Horde didn't get a choice because it was planned afaik. They got one because of the unique circumstance. It sounds like they are planning on purposefully using these choices in the future so that's where the Alliance choice will be.

If I had to imagine the choice would be to help Anduin be a diplomat or help Power Couple attempt to assassinate someone.

Someone's choice has to end with failure though.
Putting a bullet in Sylvanas' head or tying her to a stake and setting it off is a pretty hard choice.
To be clear, is it *really* a choice, or is it a “majority of new BioWare games” choice where no matter what you choose, you end up in the same spot anyway?
11/07/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Grezik
11/07/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Aotabo

This dwarf might be onto something..

I doubt he's been corrupted fully, but maybe he's being misled toward that goal. It could be voices which he thinks represent the light, or maybe the Void went after his advisors instead. Genn, for example, or the Windrunner sister who suggested they recruit VOID-TOUCHED ELVES.

Let us trust in Blizzard's masterful writing to dazzle us like never before.
everyone just needs to calm down. this is an Alliance vs Horde faction war expansion, there are no tentacles, there are not void entities, there is no Naga threat, and most certainly there are no Old Gods. just good old fashion faction war where everyone is good and bad at the same time.

any tentacles you may or may not see is simply an illusion, no more than a mirage brought on by fatigue and heat.
11/07/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Casina
They get to chose how much they like third rate stories written by interns.

Ok, that was pretty funny! +1
We don't get one because we chose the faction that doesn't have Nathanos.
11/07/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Enekie
the faction that doesn't have Nathanos.

That's still a good thing though.