13 minute wait for Horde BG

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Maybe its just my battlegroup, but i dont know where this "horde always win" comes from. My games seem to be about 50-50 win/loss.
2 min wait for a loss vs. 13 min wait for a win.
11/09/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Nixis

Pretty sad state affairs
Interesting topic in the BG forums about this very phenomenon.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769608944?page=1
11/09/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Packlo
11/09/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Nixis

Pretty sad state affairs

I don't feel sorry for you.
11/09/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Kirela
11/09/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Tahrund
Too many horde players queueing for pvp in comparison to alliance.

Hmmm..... I wonder why alliance wouldn't want to do pvp.

I don’t... because instanced PvP is not WPVP
Mixed Horde and Alliance teams. Everyone goes into the same queue and is grouped FIFO. This would guarantee both Alliance and Horde have the same queue times for PvP.
11/09/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Packlo
13minute wait times for horde bgs and 2minute wait for allaince when did this get so bad ? Never seen 10+ for bg as horde

Being that Horde dominate PvP (and PvE) Alliance don't really care to queue to give you free wins.
11/09/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Packlo
What can be done fix this imbalance ?

almost nothing at this point.

even if they equalize racials, people who all ready switched aren't going to be like, oh, yay, I'm going back to alliance. and the divide is only going to increase as people realize the best way to do end game content and find guilds is to switch to horde.

the only slight chance to fix it is to introduce an amazing allied race for alliance. and I mean over the top amazing.
11/09/2018 09:56 AMPosted by Comedy
the only slight chance to fix it is to introduce an amazing allied race for alliance. and I mean over the top amazing.

Well that is what started the problem. Back in BC when BEs were added the Horde was basically in the same place the Alliance is right now. Things start to change with BEs (and their at the time insanely OP racial).
13minute wait times for horde bgs and 2minute wait for allaince when did this get so bad ? Never seen 10+ for bg as horde

It used to be a lot worse hell some bg ques for horde were up to 30 mins or so.
Even back in cata when Alliance arguably won more Bgs, the queues were around 11 min for the horde and 5 min for the Alliance.

Nowadays is normal for horde to be 13-15 min, back in MoP It was over 20 min.

Soon queues will be even longer though.

Random pvp in WoW is pretty much dead.

Is not pvp when you know which side always wins/loses
11/09/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Kwenthryth

Is it? I get into games in like a minute. If Horde don't like queues, they can merc or roll Alliance like I did.
People here saying that the Alliance loses all the time, but from my limited time in casual BGs I've been winning more than losing.
11/09/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Jugajr
11/09/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Kwenthryth

Is it? I get into games in like a minute. If Horde don't like queues, they can merc or roll Alliance like I did.

But then they stop getting free wins and either quit or go back Horde.
Become alliance mercenary
Profit.

This already exists. Why is there a thread about this.
11/09/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Krothare
But then they stop getting free wins and either quit or go back Horde.

What free wins? No win is free, and I've won more than lost as Alliance. I think you suffer from the "grass is greener" syndrome.

I still remember BGs being new like it was yesterday. Imagine, 10+ minutes to log on, get in, 20+ minutes to get into a BG, and there was only one place you could queue for BGs; at the entrance, so if you wanted to do more than one, you couldn't get too far away.

This is nothing. Queue up and go do some quests, work on pathfinder, gank alliance, queue up for multiple BGs (random, epic, skirmish, brawl when available), they will start popping after you finish your first. You could even queue up for a random dungeon like I do. One will pop, at the end, the other should ding shortly after.
Horde BG times have always been long, especially after BC.

You should just join Alliance if you want short que times. Personally I don't do BGs unless it on my 49 twink, max level bgs are garbo. No rewards, low honor, takes 15mins if my life to get nothing accomplished. I just stick to RBGs, and Rated Arenas. On my main and other alts. I don't understand why some Horde players even do Random BGs, the rewards for it are garbo and you'll learn how to be a better pvper in RBgs and Arenas.
11/09/2018 10:16 AMPosted by Jugajr

Just because there's games doesn't mean is not a dead thing. It's pretty much a known result from the beginning and over 10 min queues on one side.

11/09/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Jugajr
What free wins? No win is free, and I've won more than lost as Alliance. I think you suffer from the "grass is greener" syndrome.

Sure, let's pretend it's a syndrome when even the Devs reference it at Blizzcon.