13 minute wait for Horde BG

General Discussion
Just because there's games doesn't mean is not a dead thing. It's pretty much a known result from the beginning and over 10 min queues on one side.

It's never a known result from the beginning (okay, almost never) and Horde queues are that long because more Horde queue up. Doesn't mean it's dead. But like others have said, it's had expansions where queues were longer.

11/09/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Kwenthryth
Sure, let's pretend it's a syndrome when even the Devs reference it at Blizzcon.

Source? Recent article said winrates in the randoms were 46/54...
11/09/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Jugajr
It's never a known result from the beginning (okay, almost never) and Horde queues are that long because more Horde queue up. Doesn't mean it's dead. But like others have said, it's had expansions where queues were longer.

Most games , even a much more unpopular one like HotS have 1-3 min queues for their random modes. Anything beyond 5 is considered dead game.

More likely than not, Horde will win.

Is not a grass is greener kind of thing, Horde players say the same.

11/09/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Jugajr
Source? Recent article said winrates in the randoms were 46/54...

"recent article"? that is the WoWstats data, same data that is references as red, and therefore inconclusive in their own site. Using WoW stats after WoD was never close to accurate.

Devs made a panel when they announced they were developing AI to fight against in BGs instead of players, then they said "you're welcome Alliance" referencing the fact that Alliance loses most of the time.
Most games , even a much more unpopular one like HotS have 1-3 min queues for their random modes. Anything beyond 5 is considered dead game.

11/09/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Kwenthryth
Even back in cata when Alliance arguably won more Bgs, the queues were around 11 min for the horde and 5 min for the Alliance.

BGs weren't dead then and aren't dead now.

More likely than not, Horde will win.

Is not a grass is greener kind of thing, Horde players say the same.

With your attitude, sure. I don't see the same results.

11/09/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Kwenthryth
"recent article"? that is the WoWstats data, same data that is references as red, and therefore inconclusive in their own site. Using WoW stats after WoD was never close to accurate.

They aren't using that data. They have their own data on BGs you know.
11/09/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Judav
2 words: mercenary system.
Yes, let’s figure out a way to make sure that the Horde...and ONLY the Horde...benefits from the imbalance they caused.
I Q on Horde I wait for 13 mins + for a win.

I Q on my Alliance Characters and wait for 2 minutes and play 3-4 games to eventually get a win.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/11/07/blizzard-working-to-balance-warcrafts-alliance-and-horde-players-in-war-mode-raiding/amp/

This is from their own database, not the wow stats
11/09/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Packlo
What can be done fix this imbalance ?
Nothing. It's probably why Warfront is the way it is. It isn't real PVP but at least Alliance can successfully participate the same as the Horde.
Its a tradeoff. You just have to pick:
1) Win BGs (Horde)
2) Short Queue (Alliance)

Horde's probably still the better bet since it feels better to wait 8 minutes and then win than to wait 2 minutes then lose then 2 minutes again then lose...
11/09/2018 10:55 AMPosted by Jugajr
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/11/07/blizzard-working-to-balance-warcrafts-alliance-and-horde-players-in-war-mode-raiding/amp/

This is from their own database, not the wow stats
Funny they’ll talk to Forbes about fixing the imbalance but if an Alliance player says something about it they get gaslighted by Blues rolling their eyes and claiming “there is no bias”.
https://imgur.com/a/nWAFLzZ

Other than 2 nights ago with my 3 losses, I'm not seeing all this losing. This toon is 3 weeks old so it's all recent
11/09/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Grizzalcon
13mins isnt even that bad, I have had worse que times in past expansion. I remember I was in que for 20 mins in MOP as horde.

Alliance BG queue back in vanilla and BC could get upwards of 90 minutes so quit whining.
Easy answer, go alliance.
Same thing with world PvP.
You have 2 simple choices, stay horde and keep waiting, or level the playing field and stop.
You want a challenge or to keep getting carried?
11/09/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Floplag
Easy answer, go alliance.
Same thing with world PvP.
You have 2 simple choices, stay horde and keep waiting, or level the playing field and stop.
You want a challenge or to keep getting carried?
Taking the path of least resistance is human nature.
They want to be carried.
11/09/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Packlo
11/09/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Judav
2 words: mercenary system.

I want to bg as horde yes I know about the change faction . Allaince is horrible at bgs

So close. Yet so far.
11/09/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Ollin
11/09/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Grizzalcon
13mins isnt even that bad, I have had worse que times in past expansion. I remember I was in que for 20 mins in MOP as horde.

Alliance BG queue back in vanilla and BC could get upwards of 90 minutes so quit whining.

According to some, pvp was dead then because anything over 5 minutes is unacceptable
Maybe if BGs offered guaranteed gear after wins ill queue more. I remember before BFA i got gear after wins. Now I dont get anything after wins. I won 7 random BGs and never got anything but conquest points
11/09/2018 11:18 AMPosted by Thiccmami
Maybe if BGs offered guaranteed gear after wins ill queue more. I remember before BFA i got gear after wins. Now I dont get anything after wins. I won 7 random BGs and never got anything but conquest points

Conquest points give you gear after 500. You get a 345 weapon, then all 355 gear. After you cycle through, you get a token to upgrade any piece of dreadful gear to 370. And this past week is a 370 weapon and we'll find out what next Tuesday is. But it looks like you are raiding so you don't really need pvp gear.
11/09/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Wenoan
More people roll Alliance that actually pvp?

Yeah, but then they'd have to give up the best racials in the game. Which is why all the raiders and PvPers went Horde. Once they nerfed the Human racial it was over.
The conquest bar is slow going unless you do rated. If you didn't do that, you'd just need to win a random BG, an epic, and a brawl if there's one going on. So the incentive to que for more than one victory isn't really there.

But even if it was, the basic gear isn't very good. There are no catch up mechanics for alts that I'm aware of. You're better off just gearing in a warfront or mythics. And all of this is in spite of the fact that battlegrounds are not always easy. Their difficulty varies wildly. Sometimes it's a blowout, yes, but a lot of the time they require healing that's harder than any keystone I've been in.

The conquest rewards are brutal and not respectful of time. My solution would be to have the PvP gear scale a bit higher to your ilvl so you're at least in range of an upgrade (carrot and stick), increase conquest rewards so people can actually fill up their bar, and make it repeatable for extra chances at a better roll.

They seem terrified at the prospect of people completing PvE content in PvP gear, even though most people who do BGs for the sport of it avoid PvE like the plague. And people actually seeing and completing content? What a nightmare scenario that would be.

Say what you will about WoD, but I had a stable of alts with finished (gasp!) gear, and I logged in and PvP'ed on whatever I felt like that day. That's basically a dead playstyle.
Go to the mugalambagalugalagu and do mercenary mode, it's a nice band aid.