Cancelled Sub Over Lack of Support.

Customer Support
So last night I got into a group on my Warrior that is on Zul'jin and we killed the weekly world boss in this group. An item goes up for roll (Windswept Dinorider's Cape). Nice it was a 45% upgrade for me. I and 3 or 4 other people roll. I won the roll!

Then we get two problems It first tells him he can't trade it to me because we are on different realms and then when we try again it told him it is a conjured item and can't be trades. So he offered to hold onto it and told me to open a ticket. Well I did and that was just a slap in the face.

What good is customer service if all you guys ever do is tell people you can't do anything? Legit bug preventing loot trade and can't even get that resolved. It isn't as if I am some child with a gripe. I am an adult who is fed up. I have cancelled my subscription. Been thinking about doing it for some time now. This was the nail in the coffin. I mean I can't even get help when it is bug related. That's bad customer service and you don't deserve my business any longer.

Thanks for the past 14 yrs.
I don't think it's a bug - you can't trade items cross-realm. Always been the case.
11/09/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Gryff
I mean I can't even get help when it is bug related.

GM can't fix bugs.
He should have opened the ticket, since he was in possession of the item.

Think of it this way, I could open a ticket that you have an item for me. Poof, now it's gone from your possession, or they contact you to see about it. "No, I didn't request that."

If he sent in the ticket, since he has the item, it's a different story. Not saying they would be able to help, but 100% you cannot put in the ticket for an item someone else has.

Edit:
11/09/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Polaris
Just as a note, you said this was from the weekly world boss - world boss loot can't be traded as a general rule:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/49504

Turns out I didn't realize it was from a World boss drop.
Legit bug preventing loot trade and can't even get that resolved.

It isn't a bug, you have never been able to trade cross realm.

So he offered to hold onto it and told me to open a ticket.

Not your ticket to open, the person in possession of the item would need to open the ticket, you didn't receive the item. Blizzard isn't just going to take an item from someone simply because you claim you won a "roll" that is only an emote, you didn't mention it but I'm assuming the item was looted by the group leader and not actually a system roll. Those rolls don't mean anything and don't show in the log.
You should be able to trade cross realm for loot drops in a raid providing you were eligible for the said piece of loot.

There's also a thing with BFA that changed, if said Item level is the same as the person who received the loot for the same slot you won't be able to trade it, the system prevents it This part I don't agree with, this change here is a big slap in the face to the players of World of Warcraft on so many levels who are trying to hard to gear and are so very unlucky at getting loot. More ways to try and force you to play more. Remember the tip egons ago ? "Take everything in Moderation, even world of warcraft". What happened? oh wait I know... ACTIVISION!

/rantover
11/09/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Zanidrel
oh wait I know... ACTIVISION!

Sorry, no..
Since when does Activision own Blizzard???? Last I heard, they were 2 separate companies owned by a larger company... Or have I been badly misinformed??
and that was just a slap in the face.
/drink

this change here is a big slap in the face
/drink

I'm going to have to ask you guys to slow down. I have work in an hour, and as much as it would help my morale, I can't go in all blotto.

What happened? oh wait I know... ACTIVISION!
/drink

Guess I'll just take a sick day.
This isn't a rant forum, Zanidrel.

Second, Activision the publishing company has no hand in the development of Blizzard Entertainment games.

Activision-Blizzard the parent company could, but they are certainly not micromanaging the loot drops in one of the games of one of the divisions of one of their franchises.
09/07/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Ythisens
That's not how any of this works.

Activision Publishing is involved in franchises like Call of Duty, Destiny, etc but is a separate company from Blizzard, however we're both under the same umbrella known as Activision Blizzard.

In the same way that PepsiCo is the owner of Frito-Lay and Pepsi, but the people who make Pepsi don't ever touch the chips.
What good is customer service if all you guys ever do is tell people you can't do anything? Legit bug preventing loot trade and can't even get that resolved. It isn't as if I am some child with a gripe.

The GM staff operate with in a policy that is set to them by management. This includes the issue you encountered. Sadly if the item in question could not be traded with in the player parameter, the GM staff really can not bypass that due to policy.

I know it is unfortunate that you had to be told no in this case, and I am sure that they would do anything to make your item change possible, as they understand this probably will be frustrating to hear, but I am sorry to hear this will cause you to quit and wish you luck in what ever you decide to do in the future.

What happened? oh wait I know... ACTIVISION!

Activision does not control the policies and procedures of wow, nor for Blizzard at all, please do not bring in this conspiracy theory that a no from a GM on a support question is due to this, long beaten horse about the merger of companies.
World of Warcraft on so many levels who are trying to hard to gear and are so very unlucky at getting loot.

Ummmm that hasn't changed since the game started. This isn't a loot pinata game like Diablo or Destiny 2. The whole gameplay of an MMO revolves around the rarity of certain loot. You are going to be unlucky sometimes, that is the nature of an MMO.
Just as a note, you said this was from the weekly world boss - world boss loot can't be traded as a general rule:
11/09/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Polaris

Thank you, that is the policy I was trying to find.
11/09/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Levíathan
This isn't a rant forum, Zanidrel.

Look over at the other forums, everyone is Ranting. Calling me out for it is just nit picking at this point.
You would not know this for sure unless you were an employee of Blizzard or knew something about their internal processes

Blizzard has stated it time after time after time though.

11/10/2018 07:53 AMPosted by Zanidrel
Look over at the other forums, everyone is Ranting. Calling me out for it is just nit picking at this point.

Still not the forum for it regardless.
You should be able to trade cross realm for loot drops in a raid providing you were eligible for the said piece of loot.

There's also a thing with BFA that changed, if said Item level is the same as the person who received the loot for the same slot you won't be able to trade it, the system prevents it This part I don't agree with, this change here is a big slap in the face to the players of World of Warcraft on so many levels who are trying to hard to gear and are so very unlucky at getting loot. More ways to try and force you to play more. Remember the tip egons ago ? "Take everything in Moderation, even world of warcraft".
Feedback and suggestions belong in the forum whose topic best suits, in the Community forums not the Support forums. For World Quests that would be the Quests forum. The Devs who develop the game do not take feedback or suggestions from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs who post here are not liaisons with them. If you do post your feedback/suggestion, leave the garbage about Activision out of it. Because it is wrong, it invalidates everything else you say.