Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call

Arenas
https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

-Players spent a record 52 minutes per day in Activision, Blizzard, and King games in the quarter.

Translation: Milking their player base for all it's worth. "MORE WORLD QUESTS AND RNG GEAR GRINDING WOW PEASANTS" *Ion cracks whip*

-Taking a game to mobile with Blizzard quality standards can open Blizzard franchises to a new audience, especially in China where Blizzard is a strong brand.

Translation: Testing the waters for World of Warcraft Mobile.
yall got phones right?
11/09/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Ruthlessmage
yall got phones right?

Y'all gotta git gud phones
11/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Neltherial
yall got phones right?

Don't encourage him.
11/09/2018 01:09 PMPosted by Neltherial
yall got phones right?

hey mon..i don't speak troll. da gnome needs to find a different calling. unless it absolutely calls for it.
I don't care since Activision-Blizzard is not the company I will ever support. The last MMORPG they made was World of Warcraft in 2004.
11/09/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Kopogero
I don't care since Activision-Blizzard is not the company I will ever support. The last MMORPG they made was World of Warcraft in 2004.

Aren’t you supporting them by having an active sub?
11/09/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Shwergen

Literally the definition of supporting, and yes he is.

11/09/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Hexxes

-Players spent a record 52 minutes per day in Activision, Blizzard, and King games in the quarter.

Translation: Milking their player base for all it's worth. "MORE WORLD QUESTS AND RNG GEAR GRINDING WOW PEASANTS" *Ion cracks whip*

-Taking a game to mobile with Blizzard quality standards can open Blizzard franchises to a new audience, especially in China where Blizzard is a strong brand.

I've seen you make intelligent posts Hexxes, so I know you're being willfully ignorant here. Activision Blizzard is a publicly traded company, and thus exists almost exclusively to generate shareholder return. These statements are examples of what Blizzard has to say to the market just to keep their valuation high and keep investment rolling in to fund new products.

I hated the Diablo Mobile announcement too, but it's just the reality of the situation. Activision Blizzard exists to make money -- by making products everyone loves if they can, by shilling crap to China if they must. I don't blame them for it, I just miss the Blizzard that released perfect products "when it's ready"^tm.
yall got phones right?

https://imgur.com/a/hEBjTJp
11/09/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Surgingfist
yall got phones right?

/thread
11/09/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Meleelock
11/09/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Surgingfist

/thread

Nup it's still open
11/09/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Kopogero

Aren't you aware that you can maintain active sub in WOW without paying $? I had extra gold I had no use of and gave it to the whales to win more in game. I rather do it than someone else anyways.

So, no I'm not supporting Activision-Blizzard as much as I have previously when you know I actually spent $. Now the only way I'm supporting the company is by still showing some activity in this forum section. I've only logged like twice in game in the past months.
Yall to poor for phones?
11/09/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Colvín
Yall to poor for phones?

Just too smart to waste money on microtransactions that come with every mobile game
11/09/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Kopogero
So, no I'm not supporting Activision-Blizzard as much as I have previously when you know I actually spent $.

Maybe not you personally, but by buying tokens, you are giving this company 5 extra dollars since someone bought the token for 20... GJ Blizzard appreciates it!
11/09/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Meleelock

Literally the definition of supporting, and yes he is.

11/09/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Hexxes

I've seen you make intelligent posts Hexxes, so I know you're being willfully ignorant here. Activision Blizzard is a publicly traded company, and thus exists almost exclusively to generate shareholder return. These statements are examples of what Blizzard has to say to the market just to keep their valuation high and keep investment rolling in to fund new products.

I hated the Diablo Mobile announcement too, but it's just the reality of the situation. Activision Blizzard exists to make money -- by making products everyone loves if they can, by shilling crap to China if they must. I don't blame them for it, I just miss the Blizzard that released perfect products "when it's ready"^tm.

Thank you for the backhanded compliment and I agree with what you said. My only real concern is the WoW mobile game they develop will not be 100% separate from this game.
11/09/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Kopogero
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Aren't you aware that you can maintain active sub in WOW without paying $? I had extra gold I had no use of and gave it to the whales to win more in game. I rather do it than someone else anyways.

So, no I'm not supporting Activision-Blizzard as much as I have previously when you know I actually spent $. Now the only way I'm supporting the company is by still showing some activity in this forum section. I've only logged like twice in game in the past months.

FYI from blizzards PoV you are supporting them as much you always have. Just because you are not paying cash for game time anymore doesn’t mean you are supporting them any less. They are still getting your sub money, just from the person who bought the wow token with cash and posted it on the AH.

You can keep telling yourself you aren’t supporting blizzard. But the reality is, even if (by some magical error/bug/hack) you paid no gold or cash for game time you would still be supporting blizzard by playing.
11/10/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Shwergen
You can keep telling yourself you aren’t supporting blizzard. But the reality is, even if (by some magical error/bug/hack) you paid no gold or cash for game time you would still be supporting blizzard by playing.
Yo all I’m saying is if they’re doing this.. they have no excuses on not updating and getting that armory app working.

I have a lot of crap in my bags and I refuse to go to the AH