Restoration of the Loa?

Story Forum
You think we'll see a restoration of the 3 (4?) Zandalari Loa that were killed off in the questlines?

Shadra might be permadead, but the same thing happened to the loa in Zul'drak, and many of their spirits survived, minus Mam'toth who exploded himself.

I say possibly 4 because I'm not sure if Gral is technically dead or weakened. You do interact with him but he's still in spirit form when he helps you.
Hir'eek I'd say yes for sure. Shadra I'd say no for sure; Yazma told her to die forever, and I don't think we've actually seen any of the drained Zul'Drak loa come back yet.

Rezan... I dunno about Rezan. I think he would be able to, but I also think narratively he shouldn't. His death was kind of a super big deal and I think the ramifications of it should stick around.

I don't think Gral is dead?
I see no evidence to suggest Gral is dead.

Rezan seems super, super dead-- to Reign's point, it would really deflate the narrative if he wasn't. And Shadra was killed with the same brand of magic.

I see no earthly reason why Hir'eek would be perma-dead.
Haven't we killed Shadra twice now?

Once in Hinterlands, once by Yzma, then we kill Yzma
11/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Vesiana
Haven't we killed Shadra twice now?

Once in Hinterlands, once by Yzma, then we kill Yzma

Three times actually, she died in Hinterlands in both vanilla and Cata. But the difference between those times and when Yazma killed her is Yazma drained her essence.
So, Shadra should be superdead I'm thinking. At the very least, she's gonna need a hot minute to catch her breath
11/09/2018 06:42 PMPosted by Reignac
I don't think Gral is dead?

Gral was last seen going to figure out what was up with the Naga. I'd peg him as being a corrupted boss in the Nazjatar raid.
What I want to know is where the hell did Shirvallah go? I'm almost certain she wasn't killed off when the Hakkari were trying to summon the Soulflayer himself.

If Shirvallah isn't dead then why is Kimbul the tiger loa we interact with? Could we possibly see the OG tiger loa return as a new source of faith/worship for the Zandalari prelates?

*removes tinfoil hat*
11/09/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Valathen
If Shirvallah isn't dead then why is Kimbul the tiger loa we interact with?
Because the guy who remembered Shirvallah exists apparently left for the Hearthstone team.
I kinda wish we had an update on Har'koa. She was alive and well when we left her with the Zandalari in Zul'drak. But they presumably left that dying city at some point. And we know for certain that the Drakkari were wiped out. So what happened to the spookiest kitty loa and her kittens?
They're likely all coming back. When asked in an interview about Yazma saying "die forever" when she consumes Shadra, Afrasiabi said that Yazma "talks a lot of garbage."

This is at 17:37 of this video: https://youtu.be/8nGnT6WZbeI
11/09/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Noelie
They're likely all coming back. When asked in an interview about Yazma saying "die forever" when she consumes Shadra, Afrasiabi said that Yazma "talks a lot of garbage."

This is at 17:37 of this video: https://youtu.be/8nGnT6WZbeI

This is fantastic news. I really wish Shadra could stick around long enough to get a speaking line eventually. She's such an interesting loa and it's a shame how little she gets used.
What I want to know is where the hell did Shirvallah go? I'm almost certain she wasn't killed off when the Hakkari were trying to summon the Soulflayer himself.

If Shirvallah isn't dead then why is Kimbul the tiger loa we interact with? Could we possibly see the OG tiger loa return as a new source of faith/worship for the Zandalari prelates?

*removes tinfoil hat*

There are a lot of Loa.

A lot

Among the cat-like and Tiger like great powerful creatures, we have Shirvallah of the Gurubashi/Jungle troll pantheon, Kimbul up in Zandalar's areas, The White Tiger Xuen and his many offspring, Ashamane was more of a saber...

You also have minor creatures that have their own power - there's rares in Stranglethorn, and ones is a cat beast, described as the Fire Spirit by the Skullsplitter trolls.

I like to imagine there's a lot of overlap, and similar Loa can exist at the same time - just some become more prominent
They'll probably come back. When is anybody's guess. Ashamane, Agammagan, and Ursoc are already in line to be reborn. One day. Maybe.
Shadra I'd say no for sure; Yazma told her to die forever, and I don't think we've actually seen any of the drained Zul'Drak loa come back yet.

Didn't Blizz say drained Loa can still come back?

Honestly I'd expect as long as you kill the person who stole the essence they could still come back.

To be honest, using Shirvallah as the Paladin Loa was kinda a dumb move on the Hearthstone part. Kimbul makes far, far more sense as a paladin Loa than Shirvallah.

As for why Kimbul over Shirvallah, they probably just wanted to use varying Loa and not just repeat all the same. Honestly I find the fact the Zandalari apparently worshipped Hir-eek and Shadra to be really weird.
11/10/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Ximothy
Honestly I find the fact the Zandalari apparently worshipped Hir-eek and Shadra to be really weird.

They are native to Zandalar, so I'm not sure why you think it's weird. I think it would be weird for a Gurubashi to worship a Drakkari loa (or vice versa) but seeing as Zandalari is the "main" tribe, it seems logical that the worship of loa native to Zandalar could be universally worshipped (Bwonsamdi pretty much being the patron loa to the Darkspear, Shadra pretty much worshipped all around the place etc).
Rezan... I dunno about Rezan. I think he would be able to, but I also think narratively he shouldn't. His death was kind of a super big deal and I think the ramifications of it should stick around.

11/09/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Kazala
Rezan seems super, super dead-- to Reign's point, it would really deflate the narrative if he wasn't.

You know Blizzard right?
11/10/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Piouspelicañ
They are native to Zandalar

That's entirely besides the point, Blizz chose to have them live there and make the Zandalari worship them. That's what I'm saying is weird. It's not like they previously established they lived there and this was the logical conclusion, they decided to make the Zandalari also worship Hir-eek and Shadra.

I find it odd Blizzard decided that each troll group have their own pantheon, even giving the Zandalari their own Loa for the most part (Gonk, Gral, the Frog, Rezan, etc), but then deciding to randomly throw in two Gurubashi Loa. If the Zandalari Loa were a mix of all the troll Loa, then I can see it, but I question why they decided to give the Zand their own Loa, execpt for two who are borrowed from the Gurubashi.

It's an odd story choice. Though having the Zandalari have a total mix of all troll Loa could've been cool. I still wish Zanza did more.

Bwonsamdi... I'm still mixed thoughts on him so I won't get into him.
I want to say Zanza should've been Loa of Kings since he was called "loa of Zandalar" back in vanilla, but if he was then he'd be dead now. So I'd settle for something like a Gral length questline.