Wow is now about bring the highest io score

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/10/2018 02:13 PMPosted by Etch
title: wow is now about bringing the highest io score

wow used to be about the bring the player

so what exactly is the difference here

the difference is alot of people are CARRIED through m+.you see people selling m+ key runs.that doesnt mean they are good they are just getting a high io score but getting carried.
the difference is alot of people are CARRIED through m+.you see people selling m+ key runs.that doesnt mean they are good they are just getting a high io score but not that good.
not a new thing either. people were carried for 5k gs and 1800 arena weapons
11/10/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Docke
I dont have time to run multiple M+ to get a key worth doing champ, you should know that. I just said i only have time to run one or two a week.

hey with your attitude maybe you can find a mythic guild that will carry you to a M G'huun kill. just explain that you don't have time to do progression and you only have time to get that one kill each week, so somebody had better bring you along or you'll scream about how toxic guilds are
11/10/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Holsteiner

If only there was a way to get your own key and run your own group.
I dont have time to run multiple M+ to get a key worth doing champ, you should know that. I just said i only have time to run one or two a week. Getting a decent key takes time and multiple runs.

Only a +9 or 10 is worth my time at my ilvl.

but yeah be smug.

then you don't deserve to get in groups, bruv.

You do 1 key and you will have a key relative to that level for the rest of the expansion gifted to you in your cache.

It's not hard.

While IO =/= skill it's a better indicator than ilvl
11/10/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Wetrobrute
...I dont have time to run multiple M+ to get a key worth doing champ, you should know that. I just said i only have time to run one or two a week. Getting a decent key takes time and multiple runs.

Only a +9 or 10 is worth my time at my ilvl.

but yeah be smug.

You do 1 key and you will have a key relative to that level for the rest of the expansion gifted to you in your cache.

It's not hard.

let me go pay 10k gold to get carried in a m+ and ill get back to you.
Or, crazy thought, join a guild/get a group of friends and do them without ever resorting to the LFG system.
11/10/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Curzè
Before raiderIO it was ilvl. In general the WoW pug playerbase is obsessed with arbitrary systems about judging other players.

they also liked to check your talent tree back when we had a tree..

I had an idiot tell me I was playing all wrong because I had one talent moved to increase sap recharge I think it was and whining about it even though the DPS output I was showing was almost 2 times his...

arbitray BS is all it is .

this is why so many refuse to pug and run only in guild groups and premades .. and for this idiocy those who hate waiting you can thank the idiots who "know it all"
11/10/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Cholamage
Since there are so many people on here complaining about Raider.io, why don’t all of you friend each other and do them together?

Because they know very well they'd wipe to something dumb and spend the rest of the timer yelling at each other.
This is how you look like to a pug group leader:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CourageousIncredulousHerbsWTRuck

Unless you have something that stands out, you are not getting in that group.
11/10/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Nuisense
Or, crazy thought, join a guild/get a group of friends and do them without ever resorting to the LFG system.

Being social in an MMO instead of just joining queues and having someone else or some system do all the work for you? That is crazy!
11/10/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Thanen
wow used to be about the bring the player,its been bring the fotm class for a while and now the next wave of Toxicity is bring the highest io score.

thats the next logical step for raider io.

doesn't ioraider help group makers determine how good a player is?
11/10/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Locgar

It's not hard.

200k plus not 10k
Here's the real issue you guys are having and you don't see it.

There is NO REASON for the better players (raiders, etc) to apply to lower groups anymore. None. They don't get an AP bonus. The gear is better at higher levels. The skill level of players is better at higher levels. They don't have to beg people to follow mechanics at higher levels.

So, the better players form their own groups/cliques and you ALMOST NEVER EVER SEE THEM in LFG. They have their own Communities. Their own Discord channels. And you are left to wallow with all the rest of the player base who hasn't made the jump to the next level.

This is not something Raider.IO is the cause of. This is the fact that M+ really contains nothing for them at lower levels they ever need to bother with. And they already know who they want for the higher keys. In the rare instances they look outside their group of Keypushers, they can afford to be INCREDIBLY choosy and particular about who they bring. If you don't fit that criteria, then yes you get turned down.

Meanwhile, the rest of you fight for the spots in the remaining groups that are full of fail. And the leaders of those groups get more and more choosy about who they take as they fail more and more keys. And so it goes.

It's not hard.

You forgot a digit. 10k probably wont even get you carried in like a 4 or 5 tbh.
11/10/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Jlmmie

200k plus not 10k

my bad i never knw how much m+ CARRIES were.

It's not hard.

Anything below 160k and you are out the door. I’m not doing charity work here hon.
11/10/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Locgar
11/10/2018 03:34 PMPosted by Jlmmie

200k plus not 10k

my bad i never knw how much m+ CARRIES were.

Wow, certainly sounds like you're qualified to have an opinion then...
lots and lots and lots of people are defending raider.io for some stupid reason or another

i dont raid any more but i once did and [removed] like that is the reason why i stopped doing it people care more about score than personal skill and its why most raiding guilds take forever to clear content and often or not are still trying to clear a raid as soon as another one drops

why i miss my old raid guild didnt gtive to much a [removed] about score and more about my performance as a healer as a healer at the time but god damn if i try to do that now i wont get into anything but ofc i could waste my time taking 4 years to get a good group goin

[ Moderated for language, please review the forums Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct ]
11/10/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Junò
lots and lots and lots of people are defending raider.io for some stupid reason or another

i dont raid any more but i once did and !@#$ like that is the reason why i stopped doing it people care more about score than personal skill and its why most raiding guilds take forever to clear content and often or not are still trying to clear a raid as soon as another one drops

why i miss my old raid guild didnt gtive to much a %^-* about score and more about my performance as a healer as a healer at the time but god damn if i try to do that now i wont get into anything but ofc i could waste my time taking 4 years to get a good group goin

Personal skill? What, am i supposed to take your freaking word on it? The score is a reflection of your personal skill you dummy.
Stop being such a loser and make groups with your friends or guildmates.

iLvl can't be used to determine skill as well as before because of Titanforging and handouts, so people made io so that 380 hunter with 50 iq doesn't somehow wind up in your +10 key.