I pay $12 for FFXIV. Why pay $15 for Classic?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/11/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Gulurs
Because FFXIV is terrible, and is infested with ERPers and Furries

FFXIV is a very good game. Classes are balanced much better than BFA, loot is done 100x better and the community in FFXIV is the best in any mmo.
They actually have gear vendors where you can work towards a goal and not sit on a loot treadmill that throws junk at you.
I've been hopping between both games the past few years and have at least 3 max level char in both games. At this point in time, after BFA, I think that FFXIV is the better game. Yes, I know you can tell me to go play it and I will. =P
FF14 let's you pay less if you want only one character slot and don't need alts. Since a single character can change classes without reprucussions, most players only need a single character.
11/12/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Skribby
FFXIV is a very good game. Classes are balanced much better than BFA, loot is done 100x better and the community in FFXIV is the best in any mmo.
They actually have gear vendors where you can work towards a goal and not sit on a loot treadmill that throws junk at you.
I've been hopping between both games the past few years and have at least 3 max level char in both games. At this point in time, after BFA, I think that FFXIV is the better game. Yes, I know you can tell me to go play it and I will. =P

I agree, and will keep playing it alongside Classic. :)

Have a lot of work to do catching up on the MSQ Post Stormblood quests though. Stuck on dungeons. Need to gear up a bit. Heh.
I will only be playing Classic WoW on official servers if there is no recurring subscription attached to it. If private servers can sustain themselves on donations and under-the-table gold selling, then Activision Blizzard can certainly profit off of charging players a one-time fee. The only reason why they would charge more is if they think there are enough saps who will pay it just to line the pockets of their executives and investors, not to improve the game.

A subscription means:
-Less of my friends will play
-The ones that do are more likely to quit and less likely to return
-I am obligated to play a single game over any other form of entertainment so I can get the most value out of my money for that month

Why should I be paying a premium to have my experience dampened by that premium? Activision Blizzard can honestly go buck themselves if they think I'm supporting that crap. They're not actively developing new content for the game like they were back in 2004 and should not be receiving additional money for no additional work.

11/10/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Idun
Because that's the subscription cost.

These are the kinds of people that will pay whatever the asking price is without question.
I will only be playing Classic WoW on official servers if there is no recurring subscription attached to it. If private servers can sustain themselves on donations and under-the-table gold selling, then Activision Blizzard can certainly profit off of charging players a one-time fee. The only reason why they would charge more is if they think there are enough saps who will pay it just to line the pockets of their executives and investors, not to improve the game.

A subscription means:
-Less of my friends will play
-The ones that do are more likely to quit and less likely to return
-I am obligated to play a single game over any other form of entertainment so I can get the most value out of my money for that month

Why should I be paying a premium to have my experience dampened by that premium? Activision Blizzard can honestly go buck themselves if they think I'm supporting that crap. They're not actively developing new content for the game like they were back in 2004 and should not be receiving additional money for no additional work.

11/10/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Idun
Because that's the subscription cost.

These are the kinds of saps that will pay whatever the asking price is without question.

Because that's what the market will bear. If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to pay it or play it.
11/12/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Spy
Because that's what the market will bear. If you don't like it, you certainly don't have to pay it or play it.

Did you read my post? I clearly said I won't be playing if there's a subscription attached.
11/12/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Sheøth

Did you read my post? I clearly said I won't be playing if there's a subscription attached.

In other words, here is more proof that private servers are popular because they are free.
11/12/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Natiari
In other words, here is more proof that private servers are popular because they are free.

In other words, you can't comprehend what you are reading.

A one-time fee is not free. Private servers have no one-time fee or any other mandatory fees. They are free for players. Guild Wars 1 has a one-time fee for all players and is still active to this day. Guild Wars 1 is not free for players.

I highly recommend you take a remedial English course if you are over 18.
11/12/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Sheøth

Then I guess we won't see you then. There's a business reason to do this and thinking this would be free in itself is foolish, but when this is owned by Activision then you haven't been playing games long.
11/12/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Sinkasumi
Then I guess we won't see you then. There's a business reason to do this and thinking this would be free in itself is foolish, but when this is owned by Activision then you haven't been playing games long.

I don't think they aren't going to charge a subscription nor do I think that it should be free.

It's sad how many people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a single game yet cannot comprehend basic English sentences. Really, I've met third graders with better reading comprehension than most people who have responded to my posts.

It's no wonder why Activision Blizzard will charge a subscription with these kinds of people around.
Can anyone tell me why Fortnite is a popular game?
Because if you don't pay $15 per month, you don't get to play classic.
Lets go over a few points.
1. If classic were never even a thing....if blizzard had never made it. The sub would STILL be $15. Monthly.
2. Once the bugs are patched, it is a non progressive game. Much like a single player game. Nore more content will be added.
3. If a player pays $15 and they do not play retail, they are effectively paying $15 a month to play classic only.
4. Retail subs get the game without an additional cost on top of what they pay now without a classic option (similar to 1)

So, with that being said, its not a far stretch to assume that this is
A. Fleecing.
B. Discriminatory.

If you want to play classic, a game given to others for free, you are forced to pay for it.
The argument that you're paying for the sub to the title of the game isn't accurate.

They are seperated by 60 levels and several expansions. Blizzard has changed the game too much. The games are fundementally different.

Its also worth noting that buying/renting a retail sub to a MMO is misleading as well. You have NO option to play any expansion and only the expansion you have rights to. That would mean Legion right? Is there an option to pay for that expansion and no more? If not, where are the people who only have the respective access to what you have since forced into the pay model?
It is in fact an MMO. So, that means if you want to play retail in it's current form, you NOW have to buy the latest expansion. So in order to catch up for this wonderful sub you're paying for is $50.00 + $15.00 more. If you want to have equal footing for what your paying for in the rare event that the classic only player wants to cross over.
This is doubtful.
Which makes this whole thing ugly.

Recent court cases have shown that with a good attorney, terms of service is and is often, beatable. Fine print laws and what not are complicated. This applies to digital contracts.
Now you're creeping into bait and switch land.

Who would hire a lawyer for this I do not know. I wouldn't. However, the moral argument is still applicable.

Making people pay for something that they will not use to get access for something else while giving the same thing away for free is dirty. Period.
This gets extremely egregious when you realize that Blizzard forces private servers, something that doesn't impact thier product at all since vanilla players play vanilla only.
I would pay 30 dollars a month for classic, and not 1 red cent on Final Fantasy.
11/14/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Veskr
I would pay 30 dollars a month for classic, and not 1 red cent on Final Fantasy.

This.
Why do I need to pay for classic? Are they doing something entirely different? If not then it's stupid to put a subscription fee on it. All I see coming from this is just milking the customers more for cash because they happen to like Classic. Seriously is this the route we're going?

If I have to pay $15 a month for classic then add in other stuff from the current WoW like transmog and etc. I want what I pay for and add in dlc for races for classic. Might as well milk the heck out of classic then so it can be worth it and just not classic for the heck of it. Overall classic better go a different route improving on the talent trees and etc.
11/14/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Brutalistica
Why do I need to pay for classic? Are they doing something entirely different? If not then it's stupid to put a subscription fee on it. All I see coming from this is just milking the customers more for cash because they happen to like Classic. Seriously is this the route we're going?

If I have to pay $15 a month for classic then add in other stuff from the current WoW like transmog and etc. I want what I pay for and add in dlc for races for classic. Might as well milk the heck out of classic then so it can be worth it and just not classic for the heck of it. Overall classic better go a different route improving on the talent trees and etc.

Then don't play! Why is that painfully simple concept apparently so confusing to so many people?
11/14/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Brutalistica

How is anyone milking customers for "more" money if they like Classic? It's the same subscription as live. Are you objecting to paying anything at all for Classic? I paid $15 a month for it 13 years ago, and I'll pay $15 a month for the same product today. It's not complicated.
There's players who play FFXIV for $10 a month, since they've been playing since the original incarnation before the "Reborn" version. Why doesn't Blizzard do that, too? After all, most of the people here are looking for the "Legacy" build.

Square-Enix is just trying to retain players. So if they are offering a reduced sub for a single character, it's just one more thing they're doing to lure in something.
11/12/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Babana
Can anyone tell me why Fortnite is a popular game?

You don't understand,because you don't want to understand, nobody can explain it to you if you don't want to hear it.