Give the Horde a normal zone...

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I am a hordie through and through. However, whenever we get a new zone it follows the same mindset of "Dangerous Jungle," "Savage wasteland" or "Spooky Swamp." Please give us a zone like Drust'var or Tirasgarde sound for once... look at this list!

Durotar
Barrens
Thousand Needles
Dustwallow Marsh
Desolace
Feralas
Tanaris
Un'Goro
Silithus
Borean Tundra
Frostfire Ridge
Naz'Mir
Vol'dun
Zuldazar

Please just give us a zone with farms and nice little villages for once... The savage trope is getting so old...
We're all orcs

Stones and spikes for everyone!!!
well, i mean, it's kinda a part of what the Horde theme is about

But yeah, i'd love to get a horde leveling zone that's like Arathi highlands or Drustvar or something
11/10/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Xabelis
I am a hordie through and through. However, whenever we get a new zone it follows the same mindset of "Dangerous Jungle," "Savage wasteland" or "Spooky Swamp." Please give us a zone like Drust'var or Tirasgarde sound for once... look at this list!

Durotar
Barrens
Thousand Needles
Dustwallow Marsh
Desolace
Feralas
Tanaris
Un'Goro
Silithus
Borean Tundra
Frostfire Ridge
Naz'Mir
Vol'dun
Zuldazar

Please just give us a zone with farms and nice little villages for once... The savage trope is getting so old...

Desolace, Borean tundra, Silithius, Un'goro, Feralas, Tanaris, Southern barrens, Dustwallow marsh, and the thousand needles are all contested zones not specifically controlled by the horde. If you want a civilized theme, Join the alliance. Otherwise you're just going to have to deal with it.
dustvar seems to fit the theme of (some) "spooky forest" quite nicely
While some more variety would be nice, we have received zones like that in the past in the forms of places like Eversong Woods, Tirisfal, Hillsbrad, Frostfire ridge,etc. I like the zones we get, I think Nazmir and Zuldazar in particular are among my new favorite zones overall.
If you want a zone with post-Mesolithic features, the alliance is here for you.
somebody picked the wrong faction.

everytime we leave you guys around a nice village you blight it.
I agree I would like to see more zone themes that are suitable for the more civilized/advanced cultures of the Horde like the Blood Elves & Nightborne, and if not that I would like to see encampments with architecture that is themed after the other races, not just the Orcs. It would be really cool to see the towers, and paved roads of the Elves architecture as the Horde claims new territories, and not just the hideous spikey huts lol.
It's part of the themes. You don't see me whining about all the night elf zones being forests.
We are Horde that's the world we live in.

If you don't like it Stormwind is that way! ==============>

...Also here, take this leftover Hallow's End mask. So they don't gank you.
Oh look. Horde demanding yet another thing Alliance has for themselves
Point of order - Drustvar is not a normal zone, it is a spooky forest.

The larger point does sort of stand, though. New Horde zones do tend to be scary places. Horde just really seems to love them some scary places.
11/10/2018 07:28 PMPosted by Rizlet
Point of order - Drustvar is not a normal zone, it is a spooky forest.

If that's the sort of motif you desire, the Alliance is waiting for you.
Perhaps quest Kul'tiras on an alliance toon?
I just have to say... OMG Drustvar. Whoever didn't get this zone was going to feel slighted, no two ways about that.

While I generally accept that the Horde is favoured in most things, that doesn't seem to apply to zones.

I let my pokemon loose in my garrison and my Junglebeak froze to death.

It was a tropical species!!! A TROPICAL SPECIES!!!