Give the Horde a normal zone...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Naz'mir is a spooky swamp AND wasteland hybrid looooooooooool get it right
I will be forever scarred by the time I spent in Frostfire Ridge.
I loved Frostfire Ridge. I loved my HORDE Garrison! Remember all the Blood Elves weeping that they had to live in huts? LOL This is the Horde!! Don't like it? Want Castles? Go play Alliance!

I also liked Frostfire Ridge cause it looked perfect for one of the epic football games like the snowball, ice bowl, legendary games like that.
Bro I think there isn't enough of the savage zones! More deserts! More swamps! More spikes! For the horde!!
11/10/2018 08:46 PMPosted by Whinah
...Dus'var is a spooky forest filed with possessed people and witches what are you on?

I believe that orc Eitrigg or whatever his name is, has a rather unhealthy fear of witches.
Does Suramar and High mountain count as Horde zones?
Basically you want civilization. The Horde is not civilized. Except Silvermoon.
11/10/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Xabelis
I am a hordie through and through. However, whenever we get a new zone it follows the same mindset of "Dangerous Jungle," "Savage wasteland" or "Spooky Swamp." Please give us a zone like Drust'var or Tirasgarde sound for once... look at this list!

Durotar
Barrens
Thousand Needles
Dustwallow Marsh
Desolace
Feralas
Tanaris
Un'Goro
Silithus
Borean Tundra
Frostfire Ridge
Naz'Mir
Vol'dun
Zuldazar

Please just give us a zone with farms and nice little villages for once... The savage trope is getting so old...
well we did get one, Like or not stormsong valley
Spooky swamp lol.
Please give us a zone like Drust'var

Do you want that hole? You can take it! One of the least pleasant maps with the most boring history I've been in warcraft! Really really silly!

or Tirasgarde sound

No! This is a beautiful map! And much less annoying to travel than Drustvar!
And then the horde would only destroy it, as it does with all the places in which it lives!
Maybe when we start getting some interesting mounts.
I am a hordie through and through. However, whenever we get a new zone it follows the same mindset of "Dangerous Jungle," "Savage wasteland" or "Spooky Swamp." Please give us a zone like Drust'var or Tirasgarde sound for once..

Please just give us a zone with farms and nice little villages for once... The savage trope is getting so old...

I agree, and Same thing for the Alliance.

The "Everything is civil and nice" trope is getting old too.
The Tauren, Blood Elf, and Nightborne areas are like that, including Highmountain and Suramar. Suramar is one of the prettiest zones in the game.

For the rest, blame the orcs. They seem to turn everything into spikes and piles of meat just by being present.
11/11/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Ashallah
The Tauren, Blood Elf, and Nightborne areas are like that, including Highmountain and Suramar. Suramar is one of the prettiest zones in the game.

For the rest, blame the orcs. They seem to turn everything into spikes and piles of meat just by being present.

Literally, I wish they would use buildings/architecture from all of the races not just the Orcs, and same goes for the Alliance and their races.
11/10/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Hamoron
We are Horde that's the world we live in.

“...and these are the hands we’re given!
Use them and lets start trying
To make it a place worth living in!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmH1xQ2Pf4
11/10/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Nadijeh
I agree I would like to see more zone themes that are suitable for the more civilized/advanced cultures of the Horde like the Blood Elves & Nightborne, and if not that I would like to see encampments with architecture that is themed after the other races, not just the Orcs. It would be really cool to see the towers, and paved roads of the Elves architecture as the Horde claims new territories, and not just the hideous spikey huts lol.

Southern Zuldazar says hi.
11/10/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Elae
Well I hate to say it OP, but Orcs will naturally consume all natural resources turning everything around them into a savage wasteland, that's kind of what happens when your birthright is being descended from a race that was created to fight plants.

If this was true, the Horde would be draining its swamps, like England did. That's how you strip resources out of a swamp. You drain it first.

11/10/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Sorelai
Drustvar, the spooky forest, a normal zone.

I think the real point is just that Horde zones are... well... let's just say gritty.
The Horde’s zones in BFA are the best that they’ve had since vanilla WoW, in my opinion.

I’ve despised nearly all of the leveling zones from BC onward, but Zuldazar, Nazmir and Vol’dun have me happily entertained.

Just got my second 120 and I’m not bored of it yet and I don’t want to smash my head against the screen yet. That’s truly a miracle for me. Kudos to the design teams.

I dabbled in Tiragard Sound and Stormsong Valley on an Alliance alt and I didn’t make it fifteen minutes into questing. Holy boring, Batman!

I’ll take my Blood God, cursed Troll pirates, and Loa filled zones happily. Thanks!
I always get a chuckle out of going to WoD where Orc Supremacist Garrosh leads his savage people to build rather amazing buildings, weapons, and armor that both fit the orcs but also feels modern and sturdy.

Then the Horde comes in and set up their tents.

If there is anything the the Horde should have taken from Draenor it was the Iron Horde architecture.
11/10/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Xavierlancas
I am a hordie through and through. However, whenever we get a new zone it follows the same mindset of "Dangerous Jungle," "Savage wasteland" or "Spooky Swamp." Please give us a zone like Drust'var or Tirasgarde sound for once... look at this list!

Durotar
Barrens
Thousand Needles
Dustwallow Marsh
Desolace
Feralas
Tanaris
Un'Goro
Silithus
Borean Tundra
Frostfire Ridge
Naz'Mir
Vol'dun
Zuldazar

non- "Dangerous Jungle" "Savage wasteland" or "Spooky Swamp." horde only questing zones
Mulgore
Tirisfal Glades
Silverpine Forest
Hillsbrad Foothills
Ghostlands

horde cities that arent "Dangerous Jungles" "Savage wastelands" or "Spooky Swamps"
Silvermoon
Undercity
Suramar
Highmountain
Thunderbluff

Yeah I was going to say exactly this. We have nice zones...this also depends on your perspective. For example I think deserts can be quite beautiful. Just depends on your perspective. I also happen to think Zuldazar is very nice.