Last expansion you enjoyed.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
I've never played an expansion I didn't enjoy, and its kinda odd to think others wouldn't be in that same boat and still be around to talk about it.

Regardless, BFA is slowly cementing itself as my favorite for sure.
I love pretty much all the content, the music, the zones, and especailly our city as Horde.
8.1 looks like it might be my favorite patch ever as well, and will contain a raid I easily think will go down as my favorite ever outright.

I love troll stuff, and I love the city, so combining all that seems just absolutely spectacular.
ZG was my favorite raid up until now, so that should explain some things.

Otherwise, if it wasn't for the current, my favorite expansions would go in this order.

Legion > MoP > TBC > WoD > Cata >>>> Wrath.

Really didn't enjoy most of wrath, and it was the time when they added some of my least favorite decisions that eventually cascaded into bad ideas like split difficulty raiding, queueable content, massive leveling nerfs, and huge deviations on class design.
Panderia! Where I really started to enjoy myself! everything from the lor to the music.
MoP was fantastic. I loved SoO and doing the quest line for the Black Prince was awesome. I loved how open everything was, and that flying wasn't super gated like it is now.

Thinking out loud...I've been playing Destiny 2 since it was free through the Blizzard online store. What I like about the game is limited time events. It gives me reason to go travel and exploring. So far in BfA travelling is a royal pain with the super dense mob packs, and the dailies aren't very enticing as they don't give a sense of progression.

By all accounts this is a pretty good expansion. I've liked the story so far, but Azerite gear is...lacking. Overall I'm optimistic. With the next big patch things should get smoothed out.
Legion was a HOME RUN loved it. BFA can be has good has wrath and legion for me.
Mists.
11/11/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Metrohaha
I've never played an expansion I didn't enjoy, and its kinda odd to think others wouldn't be in that same boat and still be around to talk about it.

Regardless, BFA is slowly cementing itself as my favorite for sure.
I love pretty much all the content, the music, the zones, and especailly our city as Horde.
8.1 looks like it might be my favorite patch ever as well, and will contain a raid I easily think will go down as my favorite ever outright.

I love troll stuff, and I love the city, so combining all that seems just absolutely spectacular.
ZG was my favorite raid up until now, so that should explain some things.

Otherwise, if it wasn't for the current, my favorite expansions would go in this order.

Legion > MoP > TBC > WoD > Cata >>>> Wrath.

Really didn't enjoy most of wrath, and it was the time when they added some of my least favorite decisions that eventually cascaded into bad ideas like split difficulty raiding, queueable content, massive leveling nerfs, and huge deviations on class design.

Man I was with you until you had to go hating on Wrath. Though I fully admit my love of Wrath might be about 80% nostalgia because it's when I first started playing and it has probably the best story line.

Legion > Wrath > MoP > WoD = Cata for me. I'd put BFA between MoP and WoD/Cata for now. Has the potential to better though if Nazjatar is anything like Suramar/Timeless Isle that they're hyping it up to be.
I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of Legion and played the hell out of it from the pre-launch events all the way up to the day before BfA. If I had to stay in one xpac forever, it would probably be MoP, though. But only if I could play a Demon Hunter in MoP. This seems reasonable.

11/11/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Naiad
BFA. And I am looking forward eagerly to 8.1

People who have played for YEARS like the game less and less each year.

That is the PLAYER changing, NOT the game getting worse.

Are you seriously pretending that BfA didn't change anything? Nothing is different to Legion? Nothing at all? Players woke up on prepatch day and suddenly decided, "Welp, I'm too old for this now. Off to yell at kids on my lawn."
If I wasn't enjoying myself, I wouldn't play. So yeah, the current expansion is the "last" expansion I enjoyed.

However, I certainly found many of the previous expansions more "enjoyable" than this one. It's a toss up for me whether I enjoyed Wrath or MoP most, but if I have to call it, I'd say MoP. (And I remember really expecting to hate Mists when it launched, lol!)
Mists of Pandaria.

Mainly because class design took a nosedive after that in Warlords. Additionally, it was the beginning of forced content and the removal of player agency in overall game design in Warlords.
MOP
Cataclysm was the last expansion I enjoyed a lot, and played hardcore. MoP actually killed PvP for me, and I became completely disinterested in raiding.

Though cataclysm also removed a lot of old zones and dungeons which was upsetting. I'll say I preferred Wrath out of all expansions.

I enjoyed SO many classes in Wrath, and I'm sure if I had more at max level I would've enjoyed even more of them.
MOP for sure. Bfa so far blows monkey balls but keep hoping it will get better. Right now it’s been my second least favorite with WOD being the worst.
BFA
BfA
11/11/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Kalorea
Destruction was so fun then. Demo too.

I really want that demo playstyle back. I don't care if it goes to spriests honestly, just want it in the game because it was so awesome.
I enjoy BFA... I enjoyed Legion, even WoD, MoP, Cata, … maybe not WotLK, but for personal reasons mostly at the time, … TBC I enjoyed as well, although maybe each expansion I enjoyed and consumed and participated in a different way...
11/11/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Mëdicinal
What was the last expansion that you fully enjoyed?

Battle for Azeroth

When did the level of fun you had in the game plummet?

When the level of fun plummets, I unsubscribe and then come back later.
Legion to be honest. In all my time playing the its the one where i really felt like i was actually doing stuff. Most likely because its really the first expansion where i delved fully into the pve and pvp scene. And where i met some really good friends that i still talk to, to this day! :)
Mists of Pandaria. That was the last time I think Blizzard was truly dedicated to making money by increasing the subscriber base and not just trying to min/max profits by milking the addicted for every penny.

Legion was ok and had some great moments but was also full of predatory mechanics to keep people strung out. When you factor in that Legion had the development cycle of like 1.5 expansions since Blizzard dropped WoD like a bad habit pretty much at launch to focus on Legion, the amount of content it had isn't even that great.

BfA is largely just further implementation of the "stringing players along" that Legion started by making everything take longer.
11/11/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Metrohaha
I agree with you on both points. I am perplexed by people sticking around in a game they don't like.